DisneyWorld / Foreign matter in food!

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

On December 4, 2007, while in Disney World, I ordered a burger meal from the restaurant in Tomorrowland. Almost half of my burger was finished, when I bit into something that was very hard and felt pain in my jaw. I spit out my food only to find a small piece of a hard substance, along with a piece of my tooth. To shorten the story, I reported what happened to the manager, who wrote my name on a scrap of paper. I then went to guest services and was advised to call a number and report the incident. I asked to fill out a form there, but was told there were no claim forms to fill out. The next day I called Disney guest relations and advised them of an object in my food. The woman took my information and said someone will call back. I was called back and my conversation was taped. The representative asked me to send in the object, which I agreed to. After she finished taping the conversation, she advised me that they will have a lab analyze the object. I suggested the object my be a piece of bone, but I would still like to know what it was.

The next day was spent at a dentist in the Orlando area, where the dentist had to rebuild the damaged tooth. My wife and three young children spent the day at the hotel, since I had the rental car. We all flew home several days later. After three weeks, I still had not received a call or letter from Disney and started calling the Guest relations number and finally spoke with the representative who had taped my call. She stated they had completed their investigation and they were not responsible. I was told to call another number, which was for the supplier of the meat. They could not tell me where I was calling. I call the "supplier" and was told to call their insurance company. I asked for a call back. The insurance company did call back and I asked for an acknowledgment letter before we continued. I was informed I would get one. After another month of waiting, I called back the "supplier" and left several messages, I called Disney back, and the same woman asked "Do you want me to call them for you?"... I asked her to since no one was calling or writing. I waited another 10 days and wrote a letter to every board member on the Disney website (12 in all) and a letter to the "supplier". I did get a call just over a week ago from the same representative at Disney who informed me that she did call the "supplier" again and that all my letters to the Board of Directors went to her. I have since spoken to a representative from the "suppliers" insurance company asking for bills and my dental history.

The bottom line is, don't get hurt at Disney, but if you do, get an attorney the next day. Disney could have offered to pay the dental bill and then placed the claim, but I guess they would rather let the individual try to sue them knowing that many of their guests are from out of state, so they let the matter go. After spending thousands of dollars over the last few years on tickets, after hour park passes, food at Disney and Disney souvenirs, I guess when you are just a dollar sign and not a person, there is no reason to act responsibly or professionally. Good luck out there.

To

Comments

• Lg
      5th of Apr, 2008

Well, technically, it is a problem with the supplier not the park. Unless it was something that was added to the meat after the park received it, the supplier should be pursued, not the park.

Just my opinion.