Disney / plan changes

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I booked a NINE day trip to Orland'os Disney in part because of the free dining plan being offered. Online I was unable to avail myself of this promotion because my length of stay EXCEEDED 5 days. While I didn't understand this I went ahead and booked my stay. When other promotions were offered my wife called and was able to change our booking. She again was told that the free dining plan was only available for stays of 5 days.

Since arriving at Disney's Port Orleans we have come into contact with dozens who have similar lengths of stay AND free dining plans. I attempted to make an amendment to our NON plan with the front desk staff. My conversation with the Front End staff was transferred to another individual named HUGH who disappeared into the back to speak with a "manager" returning to say they could make no changes because I had not booked in a certain "window". At this time he had no idea who I was or when I booked.

Not satisfied I retirned to the front desk and spoke with CORY. He didn't need to speak with a manager but informed me that he was unable to make such a change in the computer even if he wanted to. The option was apparently unavailable to him. He advised me to contact 407-wdisney. He even went so far as to convert the letters into numbers for me.

My experience with customer service and guest relations leaves me to submit this tirade on the complaint board. I hope others are better informed as to the Disney terms of service.

Mike Shanahan

Comments

• Fr
      8th of Aug, 2010

So you booked a trip that you admit did not include a dining plan promotion, that you admit you had been told could not include a dining plan promotion, and now you come here and complain you were not able to add it later when you had already before you came been told your trip was not eligible?
    You thought you could bully/complain your way to a promotion for which you were not eligible.
    You have no legitimate complaint.