Direct Finance UK Ltd / £49.99 fee stolen from me

1 Newport, Wales, Gwent, United Kingdom Review updated:

DRAFT ONLY
28 January 2010
NCC Trading Standards raid on Pill finance company

Newport Trading Standards has evidence that 235 complaints have been made by consumers UK-wide regarding the company Direct FinanceUK Limited, which is based in Pill, Newport.

It is believed the business has received income in excess of £880, 000 between May 2008 and October 2009. Newport Trading Standards has strong evidence, including statements of witness from victims, of various criminal activities including: false claims made during telephone calls, false company details, non-licensed credit and obstruction.

On Thursday 28 January 2010, Newport Trading Standards and Gwent Police carried out searches on each of the five company directors' homes, and uniformed police officers visited the two office premises in Pill to interview staff.

This was a necessary procedure to obtain evidence to support a prosecution case against unfair commercial trading practices and fraud, to disrupt an Organised Crime Group from operating across Wales and the UK and to gather intelligence in relation to the Organised Crime Group to share with the relevant agencies.

Ends

Public relations
Newport City Council
[protected])

I was scammed by that company and my bank wont return my money

More Direct Finance UK Ltd Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fa
      7th of Oct, 2010

free shipping
    High-Quality. Low Prices. First-class Service
    Dear customers, thank you for your support of our company.
    Here, there's good news to tell you: The company recently
    launched a number of new fashion items! ! Fashionable
    and welcome everyone to come buy. If necessary, please
    input:
    Handbags(Coach, ed hardy, lv, d&g) $33
    Jean(True Religion, ed hardy, coogi) $30
    Sunglasses(Oakey, coach, gucci, Armaini)$16
    Bikini (Ed hardy, polo) $25

Additionally, we also free shipping、Only charge a small Insurance.
    Thanks to the support!

• Gi
      30th of Dec, 2010

Yep, they're a bunch of thieving ###. They had £49.99 off me too, without even telling me they were going to take it! They rang me and told me my loan had been authorised, and they just needed my card details to verify I was over 18 before finishing the "payment" (which I never got).

24 hours later, I got a call from lloyds bank telling me I was £50 overdrawn, and I'm like "there should be £500 in my account"... I still haven't got the money back over 2 years later. I will be contacting Newport Trading standards though about this. Thanks for the info