Di Diamonds International / Crown Of Light / scam and fraud company
On april 1 2009, we were on a cruise on the carnival mircel. From ft. Lauderdale to st maarten and during all this time we heard he super shopper neal. Touting di diamonds international 38 west 48th st. New york, n.Y. 10038, with stores on all of the islands. Neal said di was an extremely reputable company who had a diamond that no one else had, and on and on.
When we arrived in st. Maarten my girlfriend and I went to the store located in wathey square, phillipsburg. We were waited on by a salesman named heeman. We told him we wanted to look at the crown of light diamonds. After we spent at least two hours looking at the various stones, heeman started his sales pitch, but I advised him we could not see our way to buy a ring for a year at least. He said "you need a year?" I reiterated, a year at least. He said let me talk to my manager. He returned in about ten minutes with a man named david, who introduced himself as the manager. He asked if I needed a year, I said I did. Mhe said he would check with his boss and new york and see if we could get no payments or interest for one year. David was gone for about 20 minutes and when he returned he said "good news, I got you approved for no payments and no interest for one year. I asked again we pay no money at all for one year and he said"yes"no money or payments at all for one year. Based on this we bought a 1.2 carat crown of light diamond for $14454 including the setting.
On may 1, 2009, we received a credit card bill in the mail, from di diamonds international saying a minimum payment of $438.00 is due by 5/21/09. We have called the store in st. Maarten, the headquarters in new york, customer service, with no result other than" you should have read the little yellow paper you signed (5x7), I said why would it be necessary to read anything since we spent 3.5 hours negotiating a deal and we believed di was ethical and honest and would honor the deal they agreed to. Wrong. Di diamonds international are one step below used car salesmen and do not deserve to be in business scamming the public.
More Di Diamonds International / Crown Of Light Complaints & Reviews
- Diamonds International Crown Of Light - appraised for half of the retail price 
- Diamonds International - beware of diamonds international! 
- Tanzanite international - ripped off on customized ring 
- Diamonds International - junk jewelry 
- Diamonds International - rip off 
- Diamonds International - pricing, unethical behavior. 
- Diamonds International - santa barbara golf and ocean club
- Diamonds International - unethical behaviour
- Diamonds International - return policy and interest free for a year.
- Diamonds International - refund promised and false advertising!