Days Inn / robbery

1 9942 Adamo DriveTampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 813-623-5121

I came to my room (Thursday, Aug. 21, 2008) after getting off work at 4:30 pm. When I entered my room I noticed my luggage had been opened and repacked. I looked in my secret compartment of my luggage and discovered someone had stolen my $700.00 golden diamond bracelet, my $200.00 sterling silver chain and sixty dollars ($60.00) in cash out of my suitcase. I had cash in my check book and $thirty dollars ($30.00) was missiong.

I went to the fron desk. The clerk (Eric) and the lady manager told me they could determine who had been in my room within a minutes. The manager refused to tell me who had been in my room or how many times it had been entered.

The maintenance man, who was on shift, told the clerk (Eric), I had probably lost my stuff and was simply attempting to blame the hotel for my lost valuables.

Management called for the police. It took two calls to get them there, plus two hours for the police to show. Once the Tampa Police arrived, I was made to feel like I was the criminal. I was told by the officer to shut up and set down. Management continued to refuse me any information about my stolen goods.

I must admit, I got upset with the law and with the disrespect from Days Inn Management. So, I ended up leaving without resolving this. I returned to my hometown (Pensacola, FL). I shared my story with my parents and was encouraged not to let this die without letting someone above Days Inn Management know how customers are treated.

The clerk (Eric) informed me that robbery was not uncommon at Days Inn.

I feel, I should be compensated for my stolen property. I promise you from this day forward I will not use Days Inn. I will go out of my way to tell this story to the many employees of DC Taylor, not to mention my many friends. Should by chance Days Inn do the right thing and compensate me, I will feel somewhat vindicated. No one should experience what I experienced or be treated/disrespected as I was by Days Inn Management and the Tampa Police.

My cell phone number is [protected].

Comments

• Ih
      4th of Oct, 2009

Unfortunately for you, its a case of he said, she said. How does the hotel know you had the items you mentioned? Also, hotels have safety deposits boxes for valuables including cash. Why did you not use that?

• Re
      3rd of Oct, 2015

I stayed at Days Inn, 1492 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA, 17601, 09/11/2015. I did not make any prior reservation. I was a walk in. I used my debit card. I was informed that I had to be charged an extra $94.89 because it was policy, and the extra charge would be refunded. I still have not received a credit. I have no choice but to start litigation.