David Stanley Dodge - Midwest City / Lies and more Lies

1 7609 S.E. 29th Midwest City, OK 73110Oklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-272-7644/405-737-3700

"Don't ever do any business with this company" They make deals that they cannot keep and smooth talk you into deals that are NO GOOD! I went in on a Saturday morning looking for a new truck. I found exactly what I wanted. The salesman would never say how much they would sell the truck for? He just wanted my info. to run my credit. Well my credit score in almost 800. I was told that Crystler was not offering any rebates at this time 7-18-09. I was offered a deal to by the truck from them today and pay a downpayment of $1000 in 30 days and that my first payment would not be due for 45 days (since they wanted me to buy my own tag, and no rebates were available). Sounds pretty good HUH? We spent all day there dealing with finance, trying to get our monthly payment where we needed it to be. We finally closed the deal with the 2 promises. I got a call the following week from a person in finance asking me to go ahead an pay the $1000, they wanted to get everything finished up. I said "NO". I got repeated phone calls until I finally paid and told them to come get the money. I paid it 2 weeks early. Then I am wondering when my first payment is due. I call them and leave numerous messages and noone ever calls me back. I got home on 7-17-09 and recieved a letter in the mail stating that my payment is due on 7-17-09. I called the bank to notify them that this was not the agreement that I made with David Stanley and they said that is what the contract says. I called David Stanley numerous times a day and all they say is "we will check on that". A person in the finance department "Shawn" said that the salesman promised me things that they knew nothing about and they cannot do anything to fix this. Bottom line is that I have to pay for a $1200 tag and a $560 payment at the same time to protect my good credit. They did not keep any of the promises they made and the papers that I signed on these agreements are nowhere to be found. I just want to make everyone aware of this problem and I am going to post and report this on every site and the BBB that I can find.

Sincerely,

Celeste R

Comments

• 99
      28th of Aug, 2009

david stanley frankly should be prosecuted for the things they pull. they tried to sell me a base model charger (MSRP 21000 at the time) for 27000 only it was hail damaged and they told me they were taking off 6000 for the hail damage. plus they told me that it would cost more because of rebates, thinking I was an idiot. They backed out of the deal when they were threatened to have charges pressed.

• Ph
      18th of Apr, 2011

I am a 73 yr. old widow. When my husband passed away I found that I needed a car (another story). I looked around and finally settled on a 2004 Dodge Stratus ES for $5995. The car was very dirty and the back window tint was bubbled and hard to see out. My son told the salesman that the brakes were not right and they needed fixed. But since I was still on strong medication and recovering from losing my husband and a fall that fractured my pelvis in 2 places I didn't feel like looking around more. I agreed on the price and they fixed the back window and detailed the car at no cost to me. Then I asked if they had fixed the brakes...they professed that they didn't know anything was wrong with the brakes. Afterward they called and told me it would cost ME $8 hundred dollars. I know nothing about cars and all I knew was that it was unsafe to drive with those brakes so I said "fix them". They did and it cost me $909 hundred dollars!! Not knowing any better, I paid. My boys were livid!!! First of all the brakes should have been fixed before it was put on the lot to sell. Afterwards I found out that the cost was way out of line . I have since found out the David Standly lots do this sort of thing all the time.
    When I grew up people always tried to do the right thing and kept their word and were honest. I guess I am naive because I trusted that I would be treated right and not taken advantage of. It's too bad a person has to be on guard for dishonest people. So if you are thinking about dealing with David Standly ...I have one work...DON'T.
    Phyllis of Oklahoma City