Danielle Janine Jewelry / Scam/Fraud

1 990 Grove Street suite 204Evanston, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-747-3264

To Whom it may Concern
Back in June 13, 2008 I placed a order for one necklace set total order was $14.00 so on the 17 of June I received my necklace didn’t like I was getting ready to return it . it so the 19 of June another necklace comes in the mail that I didn’t order and didn’t like also so I returned both items 20 of June 2008 .with a short note stated I didn’t like please credit my account. so last week I notice my statement was over the limit $48.51 and found
Charges $9.00 plus $68.00 totaling $77.00 both items were returned back to DANIELLE JANINE JEWELRY. my account was never credit now I have charges of $77.00 plus $39.00 over the fee limit Total Charges $116.00 I made several attempt to call. I recently made contact with a person who had a very unconcern attiude and personality .telling me that they would take care or the problem. as of today no one has contacted me. this was 21 of July 2008, very disappointed in Danielle Janine Jewelry.
Very disappointed in capital one Bank for allowing this . for this is fraud at the highest level
I should not have to pay this $116.00 for items I don’t have or returned
very disappointed Customer
Capital one account (8809)

Franklin B. speights

Please dont do Business with this company they will take your money, professional Scam Artists

Comments

• Cr
      4th of Aug, 2008

I also ordered a necklace from Danielle Janine Jewelry. The first one was 9.00. What they don't tell you though is that when you order, it signs you up for their jewelry club. Then they ship you a new item every month and charge you 68.00. The worst part is, the stuff they send you for 68.00 is the same stuff you can get for 9.00 on your first order. They don't mention this in any letter with your order or anything. You have to carefully read their terms to know you're signing up for a jewelry club. They also did not send any invoice with my items so I had no idea how much it cost until I looked at my bank account. I sent it back with delivery confirmation on the package and somehow the package mysteriously got stuck between Chicago and it's final destination so no refund for me. Don't order from these people. The jewelry is definitely not worth 68.00.

• Li
      28th of Aug, 2008

The same happen to me with the jewerly, they were draining my account with 68.00 every 5 days, i call my credit card company and they get the money back, good thing that i did it on time, its not worthy buy with thoses peoples, the jewerly its not good either and i think they just ripping people off and scamming to get money...i dont recommend buy with them at all, and i think it would be a good idea to sue them for what they doing.

• Ke
      8th of Oct, 2008

Same thing here, ordered the first piece of junk jewelry and within the next 10 days I had three charges on my Capital One card. (one for the initial 9.00, and two more each for 68.00, for a total of 145.00). I called and cancelled the "club" membership which I had no idea I signed up for, and returned their packages. I am still in dispute with the credit card company. I do so much online shopping - this is my first scam experience...take my advice and stay away from this company!!!

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2008

I am very sorry for any troubles you may have had with our company, Shop Dani. Be assured that at Shop Dani our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 886-SHP-DANI so that we may swiftly rectify this situation. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably provide refunds, return shipping information and anything else that will make your experience with our company more satisfactory. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.shopdani.com/TCusw9.php.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Berman
    Direct of Customer Service
    jberman@shopdani.com

• Ba
      20th of Oct, 2008

I guess I was lucky - sort of. I saw the Ad on the Ellen Degeneres web home page advertising the $10.00 jewelry. I received the necklace & bracelet a few days later. Then...5 days later (I had seen the 'club' fine print but figured it was worth $10 bucks but thought I had 30 days to consider - the mail came this time it was one necklace - ONE ORDINARY NECKLACE at $65.

I called the number for cancellation and also called my credit card to make sure I did not authorize more jewelry from this company and had a confirmation number which took pulling teeth from the C/S person with alot of pressure not to quit the 'club', etc etc etc. Couldn't get a word in edgewide. I hate that type of sales pressure.

That jewelry is definitely NOT worth the price! I will stick with QVC. Amazing jewelry (often on payments like over 2 to 5 months). The real deal jewelry and a trustworth longstanding company. That's the online shopping I do. Stick with the tried and true companies.

I have had several things like your experiences to learn. I just spotted this sight and it's a great sight to tell each other things like this.

• We
      26th of Oct, 2008

Same thing that happened to Crystal happened to me. I ordered a "$9.00" necklace via an online trial offer. I received it and it was disappoined; the stone was chipped and it looked cheap. I just happened to check my credit card statement online that day and saw another charge for $68 from Danielle Janine aka SHOPDANI. I did look at the terms & conditions and nowhere on their website did it state that I was joining a jewelry club. I called customer service on 9/28 and asked why I was charged $68 and Brian Adams the CS guy said not to worry, he would cancel my "membership" and credit the $68. Two more phone calls and I still have not been credited. I did contact my credit card company and asked them to do a chargeback and I plan on contacting the BBB. BAD NEWS Company!

• Di
      8th of Nov, 2008

I canceled my membership in October and thought I was done. Wish I had known I was ordering a membership to a jewelry where all the jewelry looks the same and really is not that nice. Imagine my surprise when I checked my bank account and saw another charge for $68.00 for another piece of crap. I would be ashamed to give some of this as a gift and I don't want anymore. I haven't been able to get through to anyone regarding this. I did receive an email saying that my membership was canceled, I believe around October 12, and the new charge is dated 11/7. This company should be closed down.

• Th
      13th of Nov, 2008

This website is BS and so are their "terms and details" which they don't even follow themselves. I'm usually very careful about reading the terms before buying or signing up with anything online, which I did, so I ordered the $9 necklace thinking that's all I would be charged. Just a couple days later I saw a $68 pending charge on my credit card so I called Shopdani.com right away. The guy who answered said it was just a "glitch" and that he would reverse it right away and cancel my "membership", which I didn't even know I was signed up for. That was yesterday, so today, I checked my bank account again, and the $68 went through and was charged on my credit card!! I called Shopdani.com again, right away, and a woman answered, who told me something COMPLETELY different than the guy told me yesterday. She said something like "if you look at our terms, it states that when buying the jewelry, you will be billed the membership fee of $68 and another package is sent out and already on it's way to you."
    WRONG
    Here it is, STRAIGHT from their "terms and details" page, that states: "Each month following your initial order, you will receive one new jewelry selection. You will be billed $68 each month."

EACH MONTH FOLLOWING YOUR INITIAL ORDER <-- I had JUST purchased my INITIAL order a WEEK ago today. Does that sound like a MONTH to you? By the way, I haven't even received that initial order yet and already have $75 worth of charges from them on my credit card. I HOPE SHOPDANI GETS PUT OUT OF BUSINESS. They're not just tricking people and overcharging them, they're going against their OWN terms and agreements. Plus, I don't appreciate two employees telling me two different things. You KNOW it's a SCAM if they can't even get their facts straight.

NEVER buy anything from SHOPDANI.COM!!!

• We
      25th of Nov, 2008

I have a positive follow-up posting for SHOPDANI aka Danielle Janine company. After my initial disappointment and frustration in working with customer service, I contacted Jeff Berman at jberman@shopdani.com (whom I found on this board) and he took care of my problem. I was quickly refunded my $68 plus the original $9 for the "trial". I highly recommend contacting him.

5th of Feb, 2009

When I signed up their website said (and I printed it out so I have a copy) that after the introductory shipment to expect the next regular shipment about 1 month later. Thought I had enough time to evaluate the jewelry and cancel if not up to expectations. Never saw the price though until got my bill - they sent 4 (YES, FOUR) shipments within between 12/9 (the $9.00 intro) and 12/21!!! I kept them, paid my credit card bill, because I figured I didn't call to cancel even though they stated I would have 1 month before the next shipment. I DID call and cancel several weeks ago. Complained about how many they were sending and the guy said, basically, that that's the way it goes. So here it is a couple weeks after I've cancelled and they are STILL sending me shipments via UPS but I am refusing them. If this continues I will file a complaint with the BBB, the Illinois Attorney General and the FBI Internet Fraud Department. This is a total ripoff - the $9 piece was the only 1 worth the price. And all the rest were exactly the same - junk.

• Om
      19th of Mar, 2009

Hello - everything that happened to all of you happened to me. They even claimed that one of the packages I sent - never showed up to them, or was over at another warehouse etc. After 3 phone calls about the first $68.00 shipment I finally was told they would credit me within the week. Called in a week - said it had been posted on March 11th. Didn't show up on my account till the 13th. After another few phone calls I've been told they will refund my money regarding the other package I returned within 10 days. I'm sure it will take another 3-4 phone calls but the money will be returned.

So don't give up - keep calling - calling - calling!!! I do have to say that the people I've talked to on the phone have been nice too.
    At least now my husband won't be as mad at me! ;-)

18th of Apr, 2009

I have just had a similar problem. When I made my purchase there was nothing said about a jewelry club. The confirmation email said nothing about it either. I go the necklace and there was another with it, so I looked to see what I had been charged. Well, I had the $9 and TWO $68 charges all within a few business days. And the jewelry is crap. I've made jewelry and sold it at craft fairs for a couple of years. I can buy the exact items these necklaces were made with at my local Michael's. They are cheap crap with horribly cheap chains that will soon turn color and break easy. I know because I found out the hard way using these dame items when I first treid making jewelry. So, I called and got a very snotty sounding woman who asked if I read the Terms and Conditions page. I hadn't even noticed a link that said that. So... I went back to the Consumer Reqrds page where I had initially followed the link... It says it is Bella Sole Jewelry "powered by" Shop Dani. There is a tiny link at the bottom that says Details and Terms. Who ever clicks on those? Nobody. It says this jewelry has been featured on the Young and the Restless, West Wing, The View, CSI etc? I find that very hard to believe. And if by some miracle it is true, then I want to start making cheap jewelry again and see if I can con Hollywood into paying too much money for cheap crap. Why do sites like this that claim to have a good reputation need to hide these scam charges? Why don't they have a proper notice and something where you have to click to agree to the terms of joining a club like and reputable club site that I have ever joined? Because they hope to keep scamming people, that's why. The BBB should make them change this. I am so angry about this. I am posting on my blog, my MySpace page and every forum I belong to and anywhere else I can find. I am making it my mission to see that as many people as possible know about these crooks.

Oh - and Jeff Berman - you're full of crap. If you really want "Be assured that at Shop Dani our goal is 100% customer satisfaction." than change this site. You obviously have seen enough complaints, not just here but at the tons and tons of other sites I've found complaining about your company, so why do you keep scamming people instead of being on the up and up and altering the way you do business so people are no longer surprized when they find suspiscious charges on their cards?

Gee - what could that be Jeff? Because you guys count on the people who don't notice and hope they won't complain or demand to return the items and get refunds? You are a thief and I hope someone brings charges against your company.

• Mo
      27th of Apr, 2009

The company steels people money, and they do false advertisement. Every time I think about the scam they use I get so angry. I've returned their cheap jewlery to them several months ago and have yet to recieve a full refund. So as far as I'm concerned they are criminals. First they charged unauthorized purchases to my checking account and then once the items were returned within the term of their return agreement. I have yet to get my money back. I really wish this company would be shut down. I will never use buy or support anything that related to the criminal group that has the nerve to call it self a jewlery company. Especially when they keep your money after you've returned their junk jewlery.

• Go
      27th of May, 2009

I too fell for the $9 Sterling Silver Jewelry with FREE SHIPPING scam. I got charged $68 3 times in 5 days until I called to put a stop to it. I shipped back the two pieces I actually got, they received them on May 16th and to date - NO REFUND. Each person I call says they don't have a record of the return yet. Funny, I have the USPS tracking info. and they received it at 8:59am on the 16th. The jewelry is junk, even if they were to send you jewelry twice a month, there is no way that would justify 3 charges in 5 days. Who do these arrogant [censored]'s think they are? It's sad that such unethical people and businesses can still operate and make money in today's world. I feel sorry for the elderly who think that this would be a nice gift for a granchild or a child and then they are put into debt over some junky costume jewelry. I am going to do everything in my power to see that this company is put out of business. Consumers must unite against this type of fraud!

6th of Jun, 2009

*********************BUYER BEWARE**************************

Like most of you I was suckered into the same thing - I bought the necklace for $9.00 not realising I was joining a club on May 13th. I recieved the order on the 25th and TWO more the following day. On the 27th I called and was told my membership was cancelled and as soon as they recieved the shippment my account would be credited. Two days later I recieved THREE MORE shipments and refused them. this makes a grand total of $204.00 they have charged my account for. I was assured they would have it back per their representative in ten days, well today is day 10 and still nothing. At least they have quit shipping me any more of this jewelry - I am seriously wondering if it is going to take an atty. to get this $ returned to my acct. I am going to write an e-mail to thi J Berman and see if any thing comes of it and call them first thing Monday a.m. ****BUYER BEWARE*****

11th of Jun, 2009

*******************TO GET A REFUND************************
    To get a refund contact Mr. J Berman at 'jberman@shopdani.com'. He is director of customer service. I wrote him and within 5 days of my email All of my money was returned. Good luck!
    Lainey D.
    *******************TO GET A REFUND************************

• Je
      14th of Jun, 2009

Totally agree with everything said here. I had the same problem. Bought the necklace for 9 dollars and 5 days later there were 4 charges for 68 each on my account...WHAT A SCAM!!! DO NOT SHOP shopdani.com

Jessica B.

• Sk
      29th of Jun, 2009

I'm so upset! I caught the charge before my $68.00 crap was even shipped but they said it was already shipped (it took two weeks to arrive though, so I don't believe them. I think they charged me first and shipped it after). anyway, i returned it and they still have not refunded me. They keep saying it hasn't arrived, tracking info says otherwise! I contacted Jeff Berman but either he is on vacay or he's tired of these emails and has stopped responding. I'm going to call again when they open. I'm getting so frustrated.

29th of Jun, 2009

**************THIS COMPANY IS A RIPOFFF*******************

This company advertises Jewelry at a low price and after you buy it they sign you up for a club and send multiple packages at $68.00 each and charge them to you without notification, then they make you go through all kinds of B.S. to get your Money back. The jewelry is of poor quality and not even worth the $9.00 they charge you to begin with, much less the $68.00 you are charged for the following 'Club Purchases'. This is definately a company to stay away from and avoid doing business with in any form or fashion!!!

7th of Jul, 2009

I have been dealing with shopdani.com (Danielle Janine Jewelry) since 5/4/09. Much like the many other posters here I had two 68$ charges taken out of my acct within 2 days of placing the initial order.

I have spoken to supervisors and been assured by email and fax that they are going to credit my card for both charges. However, I have yet to see those credits.
    *********************** TO GET A REFUND***********************
    I spoke to my bank tonight and they advised that I FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE FORM.

I WORK IN A PHONE/INTERNET CLUB INDUSTRY AND WHEN YOU FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE THE COMPANY THAT ISN'T CREDITING YOU 99% LOSES THE DISPUTE.

CONTACT YOUR BANKS FOLKS!!!
    **********************TO GET A REFUND************************