CVS Pharmacy / deceptive practices on a regular basis

CVS Pharmacy
1305 Randal Road
Lake in the Hills
Phone: 815 356 0386
Avoid CVS pharmacy at all costs! Warning read closely. For all you residents of Lake in the Hills you will notice the big sign in front of CVS at Randal and Ackman that says pepsi 4 for $10. Go ahead and try and get that price. They will not tell you that they are overcharging you as they charge you $12 not $10. If you ### about it they hand you a coupon for $2.00 your next purchase. The sign has no restrictions on it telling you that you won't get their sale price until you buy 4 more for a total of 8 for $22 so to speak.

Have a prescription with refills? A coupon for a free advair inhalor? I went in this same store with a coupon my doctor issued me for a free advair. They handed me a bill for $245 (advair at walgreens is under $200) and I said it is supposed to be free? They said oh, you have to buy two and pay for one (overpay dearly) The coupon said nothing about buying two. They took it upon themselves to fill my refill and overcharge for it without my authorization. I got the one for free when I challenged them on it. They put back the second one. Well think this was a one time thing well think again. The next time I walked into the store I had a script for vicoden with one refill. Yep handed a bill for $70 and I said how much??? They filled both the first prescription I asked for and my refill again without my permission doubling the price. A refill is just that. You run out and you refill it. Not you fill it and fill it.

I told the cashier that the pepsi issue was fraud. He said NO IT IS NOT. What would you call it? A store being honest and forthcoming? I would rather pay more with Jewel or Walgreens at least when they charge to much they are upfront about it. They don't piss in your face and tell you to like it. They just piss in your face.

N  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I'm sorry, but your complaint makes no sense.
D  11th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I work at a CVS. Are you sure the sign out front doesn't say 4/$10 after coupon, that's what the ones at my store say. With coke and pepsi there is usually and extra buck special. This means that you pay 4/$12 then get a $2 coupon for your next purchase. It clearly states on the sale signs "you pay 4/$12, extra buck reward $2, it's like paying 4/$10." IT'S LIKE PAYING...DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET THE 4/$10 AUTOMATICALLY!!! You should be happy with paying 4/$12 anyway...have you not seen the average cost of a 12pk of soda recently? It's well over $3 per 12pk!
D  14th of Feb, 2010 by
Sounds like you're one of the customers we dread coming into our stores. Switch to Walgreens if you have so many complaints.
N  2nd of Mar, 2010 by
I don't get people like this. why don't you just read the entire add for the product, and ask questions about it before you waste people's time.

CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health Logo CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health