Cruises-N-More / hideous customer service

1 610 Crescent Executive Ct Ste 220Lake Mary, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 407-771-4454

Seven of us in our family have been cruising on a regular basis, averaging about one cruise a year. This is the first and last time we will book a cruise with Cruises-N- More. This trip was booked to celebrate several important family events. At this point my Carol is so upset that she is not looking forward to the trip. Carol had to negotiate time off in order to take this cruise. The time we have spent trying to deal with Cruises-N-More has been a considerable nuisance and very stressful. Both of us have very demanding jobs.

It is our understanding that Tifni is the daughter of the owner of the company. Tifni’s management of Cruises-N-More needs to improve. She is operating a service industry company that provides a very poor quality of service. She is responsible for supervising the actions of her staff as well as her own actions.

I do not understand how our quote this has now translated into my parents paying so much more money. They were billed for over $7, 000 instead of $4, 500 (approx). Invoices attached.

CC: Not responsive to phone or e-mail messages – I’ve left messages a number of times that were not returned. I had to continue to call in and “luck” into getting someone to answer. On a recent call I didn’t bother to leave a message for Tiffany because her voice mail said she was 48 hrs behind in returning messages. I am not sure what level of service this implies - poor in my opinion. Instead of leaving a message for Tiffany, I redialed and tried Evelyn’s number but as usual got a voice mail recording. I left a message. I called back minutes later and selected the ‘pay bill option’ from the menu and Evelyn answered. She said she was the only person in the office and that’s why she hadn’t responded to my call. However Ann called in just after my call and talked to Steven so there apparently was someone else in the office.

AT: I spoke with Stephen who was very unhelpful and rude, asking me why I was trying to make changes a month before the trip – I replied we had been trying to communicate with Cruises-n-More staff for a year with minimal success and the staff there was responsible for a number of egregious errors that were still causing us problems. I was very offended by his disrespectful tone and by his lack of customer service. I realize this is a discount travel agency, but his tone and lack of service was frustrating and unhelpful. This is a hospitality industry. We have not received any degree of hospitality from Cruises-N-More.

ACT: When I made the reservations, I mentioned that I have MS and my father is ill so that it would be nice if our family could be close together – I realize this could not be guaranteed but since my sister and I were signed up for the same type of cabin we were told by Esther it was quite likely to work out that we could at least be on the same deck.

CC: Original information for our cruise was incorrectly entered into the Princess Cruises system by Esther so I was unable to access our reservations. After months of trying to reach Cruises and More (no response to my voice mails from Esther or anyone else), I got through to Tifni who said Esther had been fired because she was incompetent. I found out that my husband and his mother’s last name (which are the same) had been entered differently.- one There were also other errors including incorrect mailing address.

CC: Fees for our parent’s balcony rooms are much higher than ours for a larger mini suite. Unknown reason for upgrade for Theis but not for Chambers/Noble. Princess can’t explain it. Cruises N More says Princess did this.

CC: When I called to talk with Tiffany about the difference in cost between our mini-suite (a larger room) and our parents’ balcony suite (a smaller room; for Jay and Elizabeth Chambers), Tifni was very defensive (and unhelpful) about why their smaller room was so much higher priced than our mini suites. Our parents are on a limited budget. They would not have knowingly chosen a higher priced option.

ACT: And, based on the initial quote, they didn’t.

ACT: The staff at Princess has been very helpful when I’ve called to request clarification about some of these issues. The customer service level at Princess is one that Cruises-N-More drastically fails but one that they should try to emulate.

Comments

Lu
  1st of Jun, 2010

I have dealt with this company for over 8 years and have never had bad service. They are a very busy company and do well in informing the client that they may not be able to contact them back right away by giving the 48 hour window. They are also on a short staff on Saturdays, with only one Customer Service agent available. This must have been the day you called and that was what "Evelyn" must have meant by being the only one there.
Anyone that has booked with Princess in the past would know that they will "upgrade" your cabin if you ask them to. Sometimes the "upgrade" option is not what you would expect in that it is on a lower deck or it is a smaller cabin but this is how the cruise line's categorize the ships.
The vendors (not the brokers of those vendors) control aspects of the cruise reservation that the brokers cannot control. You have to know what these variables are and accept them as a consumer. To place all the blame on the agency for things out of their control is short sided to say the least, especially if the agency saved you hundreds compared to traveling with the vendor directly.
I would not pay attention to this complaint as there are no exact details of when the client tried to contact the agency, neither are there details of how the management team was "unhelpful".
I will continue to book with them as an experienced cruiser whom is very grateful for their help as a company. And many others like myself are out there. Just check their BBB account for proof.