CRM Rewards Department / unknown intentions

501 40th street bldg. Abakerfield, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18004493596
They send me letters telling me they have good news for me and need to give them a call with a pin number given to me. They claim they are trying to reach me.
Re

Comments

Ca
  6th of Nov, 2008
I too have gotten a letter from them. I don't know what it's all about.
Ch
  6th of Nov, 2008
I also have just received a letter from then telling me that they have been trying to reach me and gave me a pin, I was told by my in-laws that it was probably a scam now I believe it from reading these comments. Thanks for informing me
El
  6th of Nov, 2008
ok this is a HUGE FRAUD !!! DO NOOOOOOT call them or give any of your info to them!

dj
Ma
  13th of Nov, 2008
Yes this IS a scam I got the seem letter in the mail and i called to see what it was all about. First the letter looks bogus and very unprofessional. The ladies that were on the phone sound unprofessional also. PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR CARD NUMBERS.

CPM REWARDS DEPARTMENT
501 40TH STREET BLDG. A
BAKERSFIELD, CA 933301
1800 449 3596

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM FOR MONEY
Mo
  27th of Nov, 2008
These people from the company called and HAD my card number im guessing someone sold it to them.. who knows i ended up haveing to cancel my card. these people are very unperfessional and NEVER give them your info if they dont already have it!!! they will try to say anything

CRM rewards department
501 40th street bldg. A
bakersfield, CA 93301
1-800-449-3596
Be
  2nd of Dec, 2008
what do i do i just got off the phone with them? I told them my info I am so retarted! They said I had won a trip and I was in a million dollar drawing on Feb. 15th and like 5 magazines for 24 months and I could choose from over 150 magazines! So no that I screwded myself what do I do to fix it any suggestions?
Ha
  20th of Jan, 2009
I agree...DO NOT give them you info. It is a scam. I received the letter in the mail, and proceeded to call them. I felt as though it wasn't right from the start and when the supervisor got on the phone and wanted my visa numbers i asked if i could just be billed for the $1 shipping charge. She said no and got rude on the phone. I stated that if they could give my all of this for free that they could bill me for $1. She started rambling on about magazines and being charged $3.55 a week for ALLURE and REDBOOK. I finally told her that i could buy these magazines on the street and I wasn't intrested. I feel bad for the people who fell into this. It is so wrong!
Jb
  9th of Feb, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I spoke to these people for 10 minutes today. I was ready to buy a subscription to Time, Motor Trend, GQ and a choice of two others for 24 months plus the gift watches and resort stay for an alleged $8.48 a week. Then she told me the only available method of payment was $48 a month for 6 months.

$8.48x24months=$203.52. $48x6=$288. When I called her on it she became very angry. I offered to pay for it all up front but nothing doing, their scam plan or no deal. She also used misleading wording implying that I would be billed later and have a chance to review my decision but when I clarified this point it turned out that was untrue also.

The woman said she never had anyone argue about the price which means that many are getting scammed without doing the math. Even if this price still seems like a good deal which I don't think it does, I would not do business with any company employing such dishonest methods. If you decide to, have your calculator handy...

PS I do have a pending charge on my card for $1 which was shipping on the resort freebie so with any luck I'll still get that. If not, disputes are easy enough to file. Update later if I think of it.
Pl
  10th of Feb, 2009
Our daughter received the mailing from CRM Rewards. It looked suspicious from the start. The first thing we did was to pull up CRM Rewards on the Internet. Behold, listing after listing regarding CRM and its fraudulent activity. My advice for those who have 'bitten' on CRM's bogus offers, call your credit card company and cancel your card. If CRM has your credit card number, a magazine charge for $16 or $20 is the least of your worries. My guess is that CRM will be trying to use your credit card number for other purchases, much larger than the cost of a magazine. Inform your credit card company of the fraudulent activity and, after they close your compromised card, ask them to re-issue you a new card number. It should be relatively easy and more than worth the trouble to protect your credit!
Li
  16th of Feb, 2009
I just received my letter. I called the CRM Rewards Department and a woman answered who was fairly professional, asked for my pin number. I gave it to her and she told me I was chosen from the people of my state who had cell phone accounts and a license. She said I had won the 3 day 2 night stay at hotel resorts that will be listed when I receive the certificate. She told me that the only thing I would need to pay for would be shipping and the normal ground was the cheapest right now for $1.49. She did not ask for my card information. She did however ask me for my day number where I could be reached so her supervisor could reach me and verify my reward. So far so good.

So with all these scam sites and complaint boards, where are people actually saying they got ripped off??? Had anyone actually gotten money stolen out of their bank accounts with this company? I have not heard of anyone actually getting money stolen out of the account yet. All I have seen is "CRM is a scam!" But I would actually like to hear from the people who ACTUALLY got scammed...

Until then, I remain optimistic...
Sm
  5th of Mar, 2009
This whole situation is very interesting. I also received the same letter in the mail. Called and women named Tracy answered (both times because the first time I got disconnected) and seemed polite. She explained to me the same thing that she has explained to everyone else. "you've been selected randomly from either a cell phone number, state name, or drivers license." I won 2 nights and 3 days at a resort of my choice, his and her watches, magazines, etc. Alls i needed to do was pay for shipping. Listen people, nothing in this world is free and if you think about it, $1 for shipping? That makes no sense; you can tell it's a scam. So I looked them up on the internet while the women was talking to me and saw that this place really is a scam. I immediatly hung up on the women...sorry lady, lol.

CRM Rewards Department
501 40th Street Bldg. A
Bakersfield, CA 93301
800*449*3596

I wouldn't trust these people!
Jo
  5th of Jun, 2009
i agree i have to received the same letter, i work for the elderly so i see a lot of scams come threw everyday. i don't give people like this any of my time.
Jo
  8th of Jun, 2009
This same letter was sent to me in the mail. We've been trying to reach you with Good News! It is very important that you call us toll free at 1800 449 3596. Thanks Lisa Eastwood Rewards Department Supervisor. What a joke did not even call after reading all the complaints. Throw the letter and number away stamp wasted at this address.
Ta
  8th of Oct, 2009
My husband, too, was scammed by this company! They told him it would only be a couple of dollars for these magazines and about a week later they took $69.95 out of our account. Then we received a confirmation letter in the mail stating that he agreed to buy $900 dollars worth of magazines!! The letter gave him the option to cancel and he did. I called my credit union and filed a dispute(fraudulent) and got our money back for that first payment. NOW they are calling our house about two times a day saying that they are collections and we need to pay them! The first letter he received from a Lisa Eastwood, every time I call the number on it, it says 'all circuits are busy'. SCAM SCAM SCAM!! My husband learned a great lesson on this one, if it sounds too good to be true, it IS!! They also told my husband that they got his cell phone number from our credit card company. My next step is to contact a prosecuting attorney. I know they cant take any money from us because we filed the dispute, but now their phone calls are harassing and I wish they would stop!! This company needs to be shut down!