Cricket / flashing phones

1 4535 MONTGOMERY RDNorwood, OH, United States Review updated:

Two weeks ago I walked into the cricket location in norwood, oh. I spoke to the sales lady there for about a half hour in regards to using the phone that I had with my current plan for that company. She told me to go to www.Unlocktotalk.com to have my phone"unlocked". I came home and did what she said to do,. I got on the website and paid for the service to have my phone fixed. The website charged me twice and did not provide the service they were paid for, so I had to go to another similiar site. This time it worked. All the while, this process taking more than 10 days and costing me $60.00.

When I take my unlocked phone into the cricket store I am waited on by someone different this time. He proceeds to tell me that they can not use my current phone. He claims that it is the wrong kind of program. They dont sell gsm service. Upset that I have been through this process for so long now and this is what results I get, I leave. I did not want to buy a cheap outdated, over priced phone that they sell. I went home and borrowed a phone from my neighbor. I went back to the store and the assistant manager tells me that I will have no service guarentee if I use the borrowed phone. I told him that I understood that. They activated the phone with my new number. They said that if I wanted to port in my old number that I would have to call a number through the week to get that done.

Before I left the store this assistant manager was offering to buy my motorola razor v3i from me. My question to you is this, if it could not be used for that service why would he be asking to purchase it from me? I have never delt with rudeness in such a fashion in all my life.

So today I call the number that I was given to have my number ported into my phone. More rude!!! The person on the line was unprofessional, spoke in ebonics and slang. If this is the way that the company is ran and treats the customes I can only imagine what is going happen. I have been a cutstomer for 72 hours and all ready I am about to throw the phone and service in the trash.

If you do not have to use them, I recommend that you go some where with a good reputation.

To

Comments

• Un
      5th of Jul, 2008

GSM cell phones cannot be used with a CDMA service. GSM cell phones use sim cards. CDMA cell phones do not use sim cards and must be programmed to work with a different carrier. If you have a CDMA cell phone we can make it work with Cricket. That would be Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Metro PCS, etc. GSM is Cingular, T-Mobile, ATT, etc. If you were charged twice for a GSM unlock code please contact us to let you know who we are so we can refund your 2nd payment. If you didn't receive any unlock code then we will refund both payments. If you did receive a GSM unlock code, however we cannot be held responsible for the advice you were given by another company or your not knowing the difference between GSM and CDMA when you had us unlock your phone. Please contact us to resolve any problems you have with us and remove us from association with your complaint.

Thanks, http://www.unlocktotalk.com