Creative Vacation Solutions / Awful experience

I was called and told that they have a buyer for my timeshare, but I had to come up with $1, 886 which I did, put it on Discover, they sent me a nonofficial looking Contract, I signed it and sent their copy back and never heard from them again. I've been calling them for weeks and finally Thursday, April 16th. Kimberly, Customer Service, returned my call and reassured me that they were a legal company and the transaction should be complete within 2 more weeks.

I've called Discover and they are investigating the Company for me too.

I lost my husband of 48 years on Feb. 21, this year, and I'm not thinking too clearly these days, I feel like a fool to have been scammed but I was excited cause we wanted to get rid of our timeshare for years. Worst investment we ever made.

I spoke with a David Sullivan, [protected] or his cell [protected]. I also spoke with Andria, quality assurance dept. rep, [protected] and last Kimberly, customer service rep, [protected].

Du

Comments

• To
      21st of Apr, 2009

Dustin - Sorry about the loss of your husband. Could you please give us an update and let us know if in fact they did sell your timeshae and for what price and where it is - thanks. In the mean time - I am going to continue to check out this company with the Attorney General of Florida & other organizations.

• Je
      6th of May, 2009

I also got a call, and they also had a buyer at over $10, 000. what I was asking. She was careful not to put anyting in writing, only thing she sent was the cancel blank contract, very unofficial looking contract. Thanks for you posting. It may of saved my $1886.00 also.

Thanks,
    Jeff

• Es
      9th of May, 2009

Hi,
    I also just got a call saying that the company creative solutions
    had a solid offer of 12, 500 for my New Orleans time share.
    I told them that I would be happy to sell if I didn't have to put any
    money down. He gave me a hard sell and I hung up.
    It sounds like the adage "if it's too good to be true than it probably isn't"
    is the right thing to think in this case.
    Ellen

• Mi
      13th of May, 2009

I Just got a call I have A time share in Cabos San Lucas floating its a great place even years 1one and a half bed rooms they wanted my info But as they were talking to me I asked them to give me their web site and on google came across the complaint web site and read this to them out loud they hung up real fast. I m glad i didnt get scammed by them either. Mike In Texas.

• De
      4th of Jun, 2009

I also got ripped off by Universal Marketing Solutions in January 2009 and was just contacted tonight 6/4/09 by a guy named Troy from Creative Vacation Solutions with the same pitch. With a little research, I found out that they are operated by the same owner, Jennifer Kirk of Universal Marketing. They have closed down their offices in Boca Raton and Delray Beach and are currently operating out of West Palm Beach. They are being investigated by both police departments. Unfortunately, Discover would not reverse the charges, so I'm out $1, 200.00 and received nothing but aggrivation for my money.

10th of Jun, 2009

I contacted creative Vacation solutions two months ago. they gave me a very good pitch on selling my time share. I haven't heard from them since i gave them payment. after reading some the complaints I can see why they have not been heard from any more. I think my attorney may have to contact them. thanks for the info. joe

• Ke
      23rd of Jun, 2009

Thanks for posting this complaint. I was called today by a Mitchell Stone from Creative Vacation Solutions who tried to get me to give them my AMEX number to charge $1886 for selling my timeshare. I asked for a copy of the contract and he gave me this big song and dance. Fnally, he said he would email the contract and I have yet to receive anything. I am filing a complaint with the FBI.

• Ju
      9th of Jul, 2009

We got a call from creative vacation solutions and they where suppose to call back but didn't. what 1, 287 from us and said they have a buyer.

• Bd
      22nd of Jul, 2009

I to was called by Universal and Creative Vacation Solutions. I have sent a message to the Kentucky Attorney General and will now send one to the Florida State Attorney General. Why do these two companies even exist? What's it going to take to actually shut them down? If you know where there offices are why can't the state of Florida simply cease everything and we all can be done with these rip off companies. America shouldn't have to stand for this kind of company ripping off it's own people.

22nd of Jul, 2009

I agree with you about the rip-off artists BUT I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have listed my timeshare with them since 5-6-09 and have had 3 alleged offers on my timeshare since then with a 4th allegedly pending. I use the word alleged because i have not seen any paperwork from them on any offer so i have no way of knowing or proving if there ever was an offer.

I also have not had anyone who says that they successfully sold their condo thru CVS, send me anything as proof that they actually did get their property sold.

I, as I assume most of you are, trusting people at heart and do NOT want to believe that CVS or any other company is operating a rip off scam. So far, they have been very cordial and have kept me updated on the status of any alleged transactions. Again, I ssay alleged because I have NOT seen any paperwork. As a positive thinking person based on the facts I have on a particular topic I am assuming that they are moving forward on selling my condo.

I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt to sell my condo for 120 days as I said i would, until my listing period is up on 9-6-09 before I decide what my next step is. So far the only negative thing I have to say about CVS is that I have not seen any paperwork on any transaction to prove the transaction actually took place.

When, (notice I said when, NOT if), they sell my timeshare condo - I will let everyone know and post whatever proof anyone needs to see. I wil also give CVS the most glowing recommendation anyone could possibly write.

If however, I find out they are trying to scam me ...

Stay positive and good luck on your selling of each your condos.

To 906

I noticed you mentioned "if the CC fraud protection works." What do you mean ? Please define your definition of CC Fraud PProtection and how it works ??

Thanks

• 90
      24th of Jul, 2009

To Tom

Only hoping that the unexpected charge of $1287 is covered by the credit card issuer's fraud protection as potential fraud. I'm trying to remain positive but also feeling somewhat scammed already.

I was told they (CVS) wouldn't charge my Visa until I signed and returned their contract. (But they wanted my card info before sending the contract to me) I still have the papers they sent Fed-Ex. I still don't like the terms of it... There's NO fraud protection offered by CVS that I can see...

Recently I checked my CC statement.
    They took the $1287 immediately. They've stopped calling me so it's time to return the favor...

• Ke
      4th of Aug, 2009

I also was scammed by Creative Vacation Solutions. I heard the same song and dance that everyone has talked about. Everytime that I call, and if I didn't call I wouldn't hear anything from them, they tell me to call back in 2-3 weeks. Troy Barnes is the employee who informed me that he would be selling my time share. Now, when I try to call him, he does not answer his phone. I asked for a refund, but I was denied. Any advice?

4th of Oct, 2009

Attn – anyone scammed by Creative Vacation Solutions or Universal Marketing Solutions or any of their other aka’s

I have had numerous victims of CVS/UMS ask me about a class action lawsuit. Please google what that means and decide if you are interested in joining this process. If not please do not waste your time or mine by asking me to help you.

Only If you are interested, contact me via email to TJSmolich@Yahoo.com and let me know that you are. I will then get back to you with the information that I need from you. Be prepared to give me some personal information as I have a contact in law enforcement who will let me know if you are who you say you are and I WILL CHECK YOU OUT !! This will allow me to weed out the "SPIES" from CVS/UMS etc.

6th of Nov, 2009

CREATIVE VACATION SOLUTIONS SOLD MY TIMESHARE FOR $8, 523 AFTER I PAID THEM IT TOOK OVER 70 DAY BUT I AM READY TO CONTRACT WITH THEM TO SELL ANOTHER OF MY TIMESHARES

6th of Nov, 2009

No offense but I don't believe you - PROVE IT by faxing or scanning and emailing me a copy of the check they sent you and the closing statement. No one else has been able to prove CVS has sold anything, you would be the first. If yo don't folow up with my request then I guess we will know, the truth won't we !!

TJSmolich@Yahoo.com or fax to 206-426-5557.

6th of Nov, 2009

Regarding CVS. I learned about this information below from another CVS victim. It looks like Scott Kirk may be doing the "Spread your cheeks" waltz in prison with Bubba after all.

"The BBB said that enough people complained to the Florida Attorney General about them that he has filed a lawsuit seeking an injuction to stop them from doing business and requesting full restitution on behalf of all consumers they victimized. I am glad I am not one of them. This Justin fellow is going to get an earfull if he calls me again. If anyone is interested in viewing a copy of the suit, it is available online at:

Check it out for yourself - I did. If CVS or any of CVS's AKA names owes you money - CONTACT the Florida Atty. General. This suit was just filed on 10-28-09. I am proud to say that all of my complaining and the 19 page document I sent to the Florida Atty General and the Florida DOA may actually help to bring these slimeballs down. I got my money back - now go and get yours back so we can bankrupt these ###.

Tom

"Kenya" Trust Obama (or his non-existant Birth Certificate) ? - Hell NO - He's a LIAR !!