Costco / terrible service!

1 Marina del Rey, CA, United States Review updated:

No real news here. Costco treats its customers like cattle. My last trip to Costco, Marina Del Rey, CA (which has a "D" rating by the local Better Business Bureau by the way) started with an unannounced change in hours for their "more expendable cattle", causing me to wait outside for 20 minutes before being allowed to enter the palace. Once inside, I did my shopping and got in line to pay. There were 2 cashier clerks and one of them accidentally dumped my 1 gallon bottle of car wash soap on the floor, causing a major spill and bringing the cattle-drive to a standstill. While she spent a couple of minutes mopping up the mess, rather than walk over and fetch a replacement bottle, the second clerk just stood there. After the mess was cleaned up, I asked why they had not taken a minute to get another bottle and they said they would, and started to take the customer behind me. I insisted on not being passed over and said I would not pay until they took 60 seconds to get another bottle. After several minutes, a manager comes by. Now we have 3 employees standing around doing nothing, when all they had to do was get another bottle and I would be on my merry way. Not good enough for the cattle-drivers - the manager rudely voided my sale and took the next customer. Yep, must keep the herd moving at all costs even if we lose one cow. So rather than spend 60 seconds to correct the problem, they chose to spend 15 minutes re-stocking my groceries and piss off a customer. Nice.

Comments

Mi
  30th of Jan, 2008

I called Costco today to order a cake and was told their bakery doesn't have a phone, all orders must be placed at the store... That's great customer service!! I really don't have anything better to do with my time and gas. Thanks Costco for the cost savings.

We have decided to not review our service...

Bo
  18th of Feb, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Obviously you have an anger problem and an unable to control it even in the most minor of life's circumstances. And now you expect to post it here and get people's attention. But it says terrible things about an immature, boorish person like you. Please complain to the wall because others of us out here can tell a loser when we hear one.

Tr
  23rd of Apr, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

"The second clerk" Um the cashier maybe? Normally Cashiers cannot leave their tills, at all my cash jobs we couldn't be out of sight of our till. I understand that. The point of Costco is to keep up the pace and get members through quickly, whats wrong with the cashier helping the next person while you wait? Your the one holding put the line by refusing to pay and wasting other peoples time behind you. The manager did nothing? No the manager was thinking of the people BEHIND you hoping to please the other non-irrational people who weren't being childish "refusing to pay"

Changed their hours without notice? Hm, did you actually check the hours on the sign?? Did you expect a phone call telling you that they've changed their hours? Ya most places don't do that.

And yes normally most places open in the morning with two cashiers, I've seen 4 opening at Costco most of the time.

Costco has the highest Member-Service I've ever seen, they respect and care for their members, it's irrational people who think because they're paying for a membership that they should be able to walk all over the employees.

Your very rude. I've dealt with Costco since I was a little kid an am now 21. Recently I saw them give a little boy a free sundae when he was upset over getting his passport picture he was scared of the camera.

Ge
  4th of Aug, 2010

i think you need to chill. it was what, an extra 15 minutes or so you had to wait?