Core Elements dubai / job scam

Core Elements Management Consultancy
This company is a scam, yet Gulf News Appointment has placed many job ads on behalf of them despite of many people complaining about their scam.
please dont give them 100 dhs or 150 dhs which they usually ask for, they are only making money on you.
They do not have any real jobs to offers anyone, they just make up fake interview calls and ...you are never selected by the client!!..

I have live in UAE more than 20 years and have seen agencies like these steal your money by running 'illegal' business of charging you any kind of fees, before you visit such agencies please read this ..

"Recruitment Agencies warned against collecting fees from job-seekers
The Assistant Undersecretary at the Ministry of Labour, Humaid Bin Deemas, said that it is illegal to collect fees from jobseekers as it is against the Labour Law and agencies getting into such practices will be shut down.
Bin Deemas mentioned that charging fee from job-seekers for acting as a broker between employers and the job-seeker is considered illegal not only under the law of UAE, but also under the international law and the ministry has the right to shut down all agencies involved in such an act.
The Minister of Labour, Dr. Ali Abdullah Al Ka’abi, has expressed anger over the manner in which such recruitment agencies are operating and mentioned that any individual who has fallen as a victim to such agencies should report to the ministry immediately. As an initiative to stop such practices, the Ministry has stopped granting licenses to any new companies for two years."

N  15th of Mar, 2009 by
thank u for infroming about this they called me too on 19/03/08 . so i will not go there any more
thanku once againg for that
A  19th of Mar, 2009 by
yes this is so true! wat is so bad is that their office is located at sheik zayed rd so its realy costly jst to go there, maybe thats why they put their office on that kind of location so that it wud be costly for us to go back at them. wt is so bad is that to an unemployed person in dubai 150dhs is so heavy for chest to feel once u knw dt uve jst spent it for nothing. I jst hope dt theres an even more effective way to prevent them from doing this scam other than jst only from here in this site.
A  22nd of Mar, 2009 by
Thts right. They called me today and i paid 150dhs. why are they practicing such a thing having such a aig name. Government should suppose to take action against such a fake agencies. DONT COUNT ON THEM AND DONT PAY ANY THING TO THEM ... i am still and student and 150dhs means a lot to me specially in this current time of recession.
A  23rd of Mar, 2009 by
This is true, I just finished the interview and it was Zero: the ask you a very simple questions, they offer you many jobs with high salary, the said that they work with Semi-goverment company in order to reassure you... and at the end she ask me to pay 150 Dhs for the membership and no receipt has been given,

This is one more scam, similar to same copanies in Sharjah al Bouhaira,

Please Please don`t do this mistake as I really really regret it and I feel like going back and kill that recruiter

A  26th of Mar, 2009 by
Yes, it is a job scam then.. I was called today, so i don't need to waste my time going there. Thanks a Lot!!! this site is very informative & helpful.
A  29th of Mar, 2009 by
they called me as well like twice but i have no time to travel in their office so i just recomend my friend out of knowing that they are getting money from the people then my friend told me that she give 150 dhs and i was shocked and blame her, why she give such money but now i realized i should blame myself i should not pass the info i need to make sure next time before recomending any agency. and yes this is like the agency in sharjah which their front line are people wearing an abaya pretending their local and at the back ithe scam going on, i dont know if those people they employed for this such agency knew what is going on or they might also a victim of ignorance or for some this how they live life to survive.
N  30th of Mar, 2009 by
I am scheduled today at 4pm for an interview. I preparing myself so I do some research first, well, thanks for this information. It is so sad that there are organizations like these.
A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
I have also some bitter experiences from an agency named 'DUBAI INERNATIONAL EMpLOYMENT SERVICES' located in sharjah Al Fardan Centre. They have collected from me Dhs.200 as registration fees without any receipt. When I asked about it they told me they won't issue any receipt. After that I called them several times about job. Some weeks later they asked me to reach their office as there is a vacancy in a company in Ajman and I want to go there for an interview. For that I want to come Al Fardan Centre & I reached there. Then they asked me to pay another Dhs.100 If I cant pay that amount they will rejected me to bring that interview. After getting job I want to pay 50% of my first salary.All of a sudden one lady staff gave me 2-3 papers and asked me to sign and pay the amount. My husband was with me at that time. He was a bit nervous hearing this. Then another lady who is the HR manager invited us to her room and started to describe the advantages of job & all. Later we paid the amount to them and went to interview at Ajman. A small company with 2-3 staff is there in nthat co. I dont suspect if this is a mutual understanding between this company & the agency. Anyhow, I lost my 300 Dirhams which is the tears&sweat of my husband. For earning this much amount how many hours we have to work. But for these people it is very easy to cheat. After these They never ever called me. Why they want to call me...300 dirhams they got na..My friends..pl dont fell in to their net..Never pay a single penny before getting job.
N  1st of Apr, 2009 by
i really appreciate guys thanks a lot..
N  1st of Apr, 2009 by
I appreciate guys thanks a lot..
N  2nd of Apr, 2009 by
Actually, I had been called by this company many a times but, fortunately i could not turn up.. As per everybodys view above, this is not a recruiter but a false co.. may be in this field for long..SO BE WARE
A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
I had attended core Elements Interview on 03 April, 2009 at their office in Sheikh Sayed Road, Crown Plazza Hotel Building, They offered me very good Salaried Job in an FMCG company. Finally the girl, who doesn't know even how to make an interview, asked me to pay membership fee. I rejected and told her, you charge me after I get the offered job through you.
This is absolutely a scam, so my dear job seeking friends please dont pay anything as registration. I will take this into the attantion of the officials of the Dubai Minicipality.

Apply directly guys by giving some ad in news papers, at least you will get some interviews direct from the company who has vacancies.
A  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Thanx to all u guys.. i saved sum money.. my sis had an appointment in dis company today at 11:30 am.. as i was totally unaware of the company so i decided to luk up.. and landed here instead.. a big thanx to all u gud guys and https://www.complaintsboard.com. god bless u ppl..

Sayed Haseem
A  4th of Apr, 2009 by
I was just called for an interview tomorrow at 1 P.M. at their Deira office. What I found out strange is that I asked for their location and drop me an email about but the Caller said she will forward an SMS with their location rather than an email.
D  4th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -3 Votes
I am amazed at the assumed innocence which is more of an ignorance from people putting these comments on...as opposed to this site being an informative platform for something that really matters and has credible and accurate content; most of you have only posted reactions without actual experiences.

One of my friends almost lost a job opportunity because she read your comments. But since she's been trying so long to find a job, she went anyway. Now she's happy to be employed again.

I do not understand why or what you are all complaining about when half of you didn't even go. This is so pathetic to see that we have a lot of people here who just enjoy adding fuel to the "created" fire because it's more fun to say awful things about something they don't know about than check the truth for themselves.

Be responsible. Know what you are talking about if you must speak.

- Aria

I have lived in this country for more than seven years, but let me tell you abut a world that is real and is not colored in rainbow everyday nor give services for free..the REAL world known as EARTH.

This is the place where other countries do charge you for everything from toll fees to services, VAT and other stuff. And yes, recruitment agencies charge for placement fees, recruitment, membership, whatever they are selling. The real world is much like a big department store. You don't lose your money if you don't purchase their product. Now products have different categories and service is included. And yes, you can always say "NO".

However, it's not called a scam.

Seven years ago eveything in Dubai was cheap. Taxis were cheap, food was cheap, hotels were cheap and houses, flats, villas, apartments were cheap. Nobody had to move to Fujairah or Ajman to live in a two bedroom flat while they were working in Dubai. It was cheap.

Did anyone scream SCAM when rents were tripled and quadrupled? Did anyone complain when everything else got expensive? NO. Why? Because everyone was too busy making themselves look good by being expensive. Now there's a recession, accommodations have become cheaper, malls and stores are offering huge discounts and hotels are selling on lower room rates. Car companies are now trying to entice people to lease new cars just to break-even. Does this mean they are giving their service for free? No. It means they are still making profit but not much, also they are trying to avoid losses just to keep going on. If you think hard enough, the last three years, all these establishments have been scamming you but you were ok.

At the end of the day, everyone has to do what they have to do for their business. And integrity may not be high on a lot of people's lists. Just check the classified ads and other agencies.

I know people who have been placed by Core Elements. I also know people who paid and didn't get a job through them. But they are not complaining because they agreed to become a member and paid for it. This is a sign of a responsible adult. Taking accountability for their own actions.

By the way, when you lie on your cv about your qualifications or experiences or that you are proficient at a particular language and you are not, THAT IS A SCAM. I'm sure if you didn't do this, you would of people who do and did.

Instead of whining, make your own decisions. If you are called, decide if you want to go or not. If you do go, decide if you want to take membership or not. Don't blame others for your incompetence to decide and be accountable for your decision.

Other agenscies place non-existent vacancies. Have you ever bothered to cross-check the vacancies posted on Gulf News lately for other companies? Have you seen any difference? Doesn't it look like the same thing over and over again?

Common sense. Wake up call! Example, if you see a vacancy for engineers and everyone's getting laid off and there's no construction, where do you think the engineers will go? This is simply a collection of data.

And to the other one who thought receiving an sms for the location is something strange, seriously, welcome to the 21st century. It is the easiest form of communication because you don't need to log on and print. If you get lost, you can just simply check your phone. DUH.

If these are the kinds of comments you can give, then you might want to rethink why you are not getiing placed.

Many people lost their jobs. That means you are not looking alone. We are not talking about incompetent and uneducated individuals. There are a lot of excellent and qualified people competing with you. If you are not getting anything good, then maybe, you should try looking harder or try becoming better.

Stop complaining and whining. Search for your dream job wisely. It's not easy. It is work in itself. But you will realize, when you stop blaming others and pointing fingers, you will start to see something better.

Oh and by the way, the Sharjah company is a scam. I know this because they are not even a licensed recruitment agency. They actually sell make-up. And what they tell people is that they assure them of a job in three days if they pay a particular amount of money. See the obvious signs of scam?

Things you need to look out for:

It's a scam if you are promised a job.

It's a scam if you see they are doing something else than recruitment.

It's a scam if you don't get any service or product for the money that you paid.

It's a scam if you go back to the same place and you don't find them anymore.

It's a scam if they don't have transparency.

It's a scam if they don't have contact details.

Otherwise, you either being paranoid or too busy making comments to find out the truth.
N  5th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Wow here we go again….. Even I disagree with all of these comments. I think you have pass on the message Aria. I commented on another discussion going on about the same topic. Even me I’m a member of Core Elements for the past one month. I joined them recently coz my friend got a job through them. When I first went there I refused to pay. I just wanted some time to think about it. but it was my call I was the one who decided to pay and the consultant clearly mentioned that this is not a mandatory membership, completely optional. And said that even if I join they cannot guarantee a job. I had my own questions to ask.

The lady’s name was Jodi, she asked me like this…..”If I arrange an interview with my client can you guarantee that you will be selected” then I went speechless… even if I’m so confident about myself how will I guarantee that I will be selected by the client. And I told her I will think about it and if I’m interested I will join.

They replied to me also invited me for free training. I don’t see anything wrong in this system. if you want to you pay if not just attend your interview and walk out. So simple.
A  7th of Apr, 2009 by
i went to this recruitment company, in sharjah, at al buhaira road, 2 times, first they asked aed 100, then next interview aed 300 (assuring the job is already mine). this company is a scam also?? please somebody tell me if this company really have cheated my money aed 400!
A  8th of Apr, 2009 by
thank u for infroming about this they called me too on 09/0/09 . so i will not go there any more
thanku once again for that
N  9th of Apr, 2009 by
yesterday i got a call from the company regarding an interview.
i was amazed, because i got this first call after two months.
but yesterday in the night i went to meet my friend in deira.
and i showed the interview sms to him.
by looking at the sms he referred me to another freind who paid 150 dhr to this fraud agengy.
and warned me not to go over there.
so friends dont rely on such agency.
thanks ALMIGHTY ALLAH TO SAVE my money.
A  13th of Apr, 2009 by
I got a call yesterday and they asked me to come for the interview today morning 11:30. And the venue details were sent to me through sms. When i went they told me that they have vacancies in few companies and they gave me assurance for job. Later they askd me to pay 150 dhr. I told them that i have to think abt this and said that i will come back tom and i walked away. I was confused and thought of checking abt this comp.. Thanks to god now that i saved my 150 dhr now... Thank u frns