Comet / very poor Service

1 England, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:

Just to vent some air about the incredibly LOUSY repair service Comet is offering. We reported our nearly 2 month old 37'' LCD TV broken two weeks ago and an engineer arrived four days later stating that the entire screen needs to be replaced, a part (basically the entire TV) that has to be ordered. A repair date was set for the 27th of April. On the 24th we received a letter of cancellation of the appointment due the part not arriving on time. Since then I have called a few times only to hear more and more sad excuses about the part still not being there and them chasing it (Yeah right!). I am told by seriously uninterested call centre staff that they do not know when it will arrive and that they'll have to give it 28 days before I am entitled to get a replacement should the part not arrive.
Not that we can't live without a TV for a month (because, of course they do not offer appliances as replacement during the repair period!) but this is seriously the worst kind of customer service I ever experienced!

Me

Comments

• Ra
      17th of Aug, 2009

Comet and I have been going round in circles for a week over trying to get a faulty TV of 6 months old repaired as they have to offer a repair first. Their words not my acceptance. Engineer diagnosed it faulty without even taking the back off, it has no picture. They are not sure what part to order, manager says only engineers can write it off, engineer says it is upto store, store now says only chief engineer can write it off. You cannot speak to chief engineer directly, customer services has requested he rings me but as computer system has not been updated they don't know what fault is as I will not let them inspect it!!!Dont know who visited my house last week then, obviously the pre engineer. I have now contacted trading standards. The customer care service is second to none although everyone has been very polite.

6th of Oct, 2009

Same ongoing scenario with washing machine - am sure that there first visit is a waste of time and they use it merely to say they have been and order parts
    Great logistics - two parts apparently required aren't to hand - despite washing machine being their own make
    never again will I buy from COMET