Co-operative Bank / Terrible bank

After 20 years as a loyal customer the Co-Op bank closed all my accounts because I complained about their handling of my accounts. As a result of their mishandling of my accounts one of them went over drawn and most direct debits/SO's were stopped. After 18 months I'm still trying to recover from the disruption this has caused.

The net affect of this dispute was that the Co-operative Bank vindictively closed ALL my accounts at short notice. Left me with no means of paying bills or receiving payment and still hold a considerable sum of monies (5 figures) which they have hived off somewhere, which only they know where!

I have tried without success to get the FSA (Supposedly independant but Financed by the banks!) interested and the best thing I can say about the FSA is Bloody useless! I have a more appropriate achronim using "FSA" which I doubt would get past the site moderators. [censored] S*** Authority.

In my opinion this money has been stolen by the Co-Op Bank. Yet the police are not interested, because it involves a bank stealing my hard earned money. Recently our illustrious government decided only the banks can report fraud to the police. Excluding ALL customer complaints.

Has any one else had similar difficulties with banks? In particular the Co-Op.

Ar
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Rh
      18th of Nov, 2010

bloody here, here, i thought the co-op was a respectable organisation, now i learn the staff are rude and the co-ops name is mud in my eyes, time they also, reviewed there staff and come up to work standards, there is no excuse for bad management and they ought to empower themselves with workers, workers who love there work and workers who are traine to a respectable and much higher standard.