Clear Finance Ltd / Spam Claim Management

1 Huddersfield, England, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom Review updated:

This company is obviously a scam. I can't believe I fell for this. The website no longer exists. I can't find any individual persons name on any of the paperwork they sent me. Everything is signed 'your financial advisor'. Now that I'm looking into this company I am finding many similar stories posted on the internet. I lost £940.00 due to my own stupidity in trusting this company. I will do everything I can to report this company everywhere possible to fight for my money. First hint of fraud: . I have never heard of that other company. BEWARE of this company.

Comments

• Cl
      23rd of Feb, 2010

The Ministry of Justice are now investigating this company, however, they are still authorised to trade and take other people's money. They must be stopped. The freephone number gives out a message stating 'number not available due to non-payment'. The landline just rings and rings. I have been told around 800 claims have been handed over to Century 21 Finance Claims in Staffordshire. I suggest you contact the MoJ, call Action Fraud and/or the police, call Trading Standards in Leeds and contact The Huddersfield Examiner and The Halifax Courier who, if they haven't already, would definitely want to run a story as the owners of Clear Finance are/were resident in the Huddersfield/Halifax area. Go to www.scam.com and start a new thread, among all the others about CMCs not doing their job. Finally, if you paid by credit card, try to retrieve your fees under section 75 of the consumer Credit Act. Good luck & don't give up, there's bound to be many more in your position.

1st of Mar, 2010

I have also been scammed by them, under a company calling themselves Council Tax Review. The website has gone now and I have the same problem with the phone numbers. The mobile number the rep gave me has been disconnected. I have only lost £95 but I am concerned that from the cheque I gave them they now have my bank details.

PS - What do you mean "I have been told around 800 claims have been handed over to Century 21 Finance Claims in Staffordshire" - Is this a company trying to claim back monies owed by Clear Finance?

1st of Mar, 2010

Also the owner of the company is Darrell Rewston. His name brings up a few complaints too.

2nd of Mar, 2010

His alternative address may be
    FCR House

39 Ingwood Parade
    Greetland
    Halifax, West Yorks HX4 8DE

9th of Mar, 2010

You will probably not find him at this home address. I do know he lives in the greetland area, maybe even a different house number. I have had issues recently with this person. Cant find him anywhere. He is a conman!

• Am
      11th of Mar, 2010

i have had the same problem... they have took my money and i cant find them.. i paid by credit card last year can i claim it back pls help ... my contact number is 07506690907 tex me or leave a message and i wwiil call you back

14th of Mar, 2010

You could try finding him via his brother, Robert Calvin, who owns a hairdressers in Huddersfield, Halifax & the South of Spain. Robert Calvin owns the premises from where Clear Finance operated. These are now being converted into a Private Members Club. No doubt Mr Rewston will have some involvement in this new venture at some stage. If you want to know what he looks like, check out his facebook page.

22nd of Mar, 2010

Try 01422 311584. This number has been posted in a handwritten note on the door of the premises in Westgate, Huddersfield. It works but it's difficult to get through.

25th of Mar, 2010

Darrell Rewston is trading again as 'Council Tax Review' on 01422 311584 from somewhere in Outlane, Huddersfield. Possibly his brother's house. There is someone there called Jack Henry on 0777 2633195 and he has been advertising for staff. Clear Finance website now gone. Darrell Rewston has closed his Facebook page but you can message him at www.linkedin.com if you can be bothered. Like lazydave above, unsuspecting people are going to be fleeced for £95 by this conman.

8th of May, 2010

you will find Darrell Rewston on Thornhill Road Edgerton Huddersfield. go along Halifax Road from Huddersfield Town centre. Thornhill Road is on the left just off Halifax Road turn right into that road then right again you will see a big house with a blue door Darrell Rewston is trading on the ground floor under Council Tax Review

• Az
      8th of May, 2010

just 2 let every1 know about mr Darrell Rewston is still on facebook because I found him last night and he has been on his page within the last 5 weeks also my partner started working for him about a fortnite ago but I told her 2 get out cause customers were phoning the company asking for there recepits @ the moment he is concentaarting on the post code HD5 so if any1 lives in the area pls be carefull he is also targeting (OLD) people more he is 1 big fraudster & trading standars are involed so be carefull he was advertising 4 staff in Huddersfield Job centre and that is how my partner found the Job. he offered her cash in hand followed by on the books. I also found out if you feal you are in the wrong council tax band you can only see the council about it hope this is usefull 2 you all so ONCE AGAIN MR DARRELL REWSTON STILL HAS A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT YESTERDAY 7/5/10 GOOD LUCK EVERYONE TRYING TO GET THEIR MONEY BK

28th of May, 2010

I used to work for this guy, within the company and having read the above, and got to know him i fully understand where everyones coming from if you require any further info please e-mail me jamesroscoe6@gmail.com

28th of May, 2010

oh and he also approached me about working for him on his latest venture, council tax review for which i declined.

• Re
      5th of Jul, 2010

Council Tax Review did sucessfully reband me and i did otain a refund from the number of years i over paid...it did take longer than first thought, but i believe that this was down to the awkwardness from the goverments reluctancy to move me down. im not bothered how long it took cause i paid £95 for them to work for me and they got me back £££££££180o!!!??????????????????

22nd of Sep, 2010

i also used to work there and know everything about the t**t message me @ madhouse2330@live.co.uk

• Bl
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Jack Darrell Rewston, fomerly known as Darrell Rewston, is trading as Council Tax Review at Springfield Hall, 2 Thornhill Road, HD3 3AU. Word has it that his business (?) will soon be moving to Fitwilliam House, 84 Fitzwilliam Street, HD1 5BB (probably because he wants to do moonlight flit to avoid trading standards, creditors, the Revenue, etc).

• Bl
      4th of Mar, 2011

Jack Darrell Henry, formerly known as Darrell Rewston, is trading as Council Tax Review at Springfield Hall, 2 Thornhill Road, HD3 3AU. Word has it that his business (?) will soon be moving to Fitzwilliam House, 84 Fitzwilliam Street, HD1 5BB (probably because he wants to do a moonlight flit to avoid trading standards, creditors, the Revenue, etc).

• Ra
      13th of Apr, 2011

Darrell Henry (AKA Darrell Rewston and Darrell Littlewood) was in court today and his trial has been deferred to 2nd June 2011 at Huddersfield Crown Court for further hearing on 18 counts of misleading...

• Ce
      25th of Apr, 2011

See also the thread on this board about Darrell Rewston/Henry/Littlewood. The game's up Darrell and they are coming to get you. Lets hope that you become some inmate's biatch so you get a flavour of what its like to be shafted