Classic Cool Cattery / Will not send registration papers

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Sold pure bred kitten under contract which stated that registration papers would be transferred once cat was spayed. Emailed breeder three week ago with pictures of the cat and the spay site, requesting registration be transferred as per the contract. No response was received after three weeks. Tried to call but no answer, and no voicemail set up (this is standard from my first go round with buying the kitten, the phone just rings and rings and rings).

The last contact the breeder stated that 'ownership had not transferred legally' until she was spayed and they registered her in my name with the cfa. The breeder insisted on cash (can we say unreported income) and a vet checkup within three days.

Come to find out that she has a serious and lifelong inherited dental problem that can't be identified until well after the time they insisted on the vet checkup.

Comments

16th of Apr, 2013

I have dealt with this breeder for 5 years. They are 100% above board. You have to have a vet's certification that the cat has been neutered to get the ownership transferred...you are told that BEFORE you buy your kitten. Dental disease is common in Maine Coons..not something from this particular breeder. I have 4 healthy, beautiful cats from this breeder and all of them bring me joy. I did my research before buying my cats and I CHOSE ClassicCool Cattery over many other breeders. I would not hesitate to buy from ClassicCool Cattery.

18th of Aug, 2018

To mainecoonmom: are they health and beautiful but no teeth?