CigArrest / Deceptive marketing practices

I ordered a 30 day trial of this product and was to only pay shipping. Cigarrest sent a 90 day supply. I called and told them i was sending back the extra 2 months and was told not to bother just keep it and still only pay shipping. On 2-21-97 i called the company and cancelled all future orders. I received a cancellation code number at that time. On 3-12-07 cigarrest billed my credit card $99.85 and $59.90. When i called them again they said the charges were for the 2 months of the 90 day supply. This was not what they told me in my previous calls. I have returned all 0f the 90 day supply unopened. When i try to resolve the problem with the company i get the run-around. They will not let me speak to a supervisor. I still have not received a refund. Anyone doing business with this company beware. I have filed a complaint with the bbb of their city.

A  20th of Apr, 2007 by
I saw CigArrest commercial, surfed the Internet, this seems typical of the stuff companies like this are pulling. I saw on different websites the same type of complaint about this "company." My wife is overweight, and we fell for an identical scam where we were billed for stuff that we didn't want, didn't receive, once they got your credit card number your on the hook. It is really sad that vultures prey on people with problems, and probably don't loose a moments sleep over it.
A  3rd of May, 2007 by
Exactly, my free cigarrest cost me over 100$. Do not order from these people.
A  25th of May, 2007 by
Same thing as all the rest of the complaints and when I went on line to check into this company, there are complaints from 2004 and their still doing it. I canceled my order 1 week ago and I was told no problem and that I would not be charged. And today I went to see how much money was in my account and it was minus 99.95 they took the money I had set aside for me and my childrens groceries. They stold the food out of my babies mouths. And no use complaining because all the complaints I have seen no one gets their money back.
A  25th of Jan, 2008 by
I did get my money back. I let the BBB in their area know what happened and Cigarrest put the money back into my account.
Thank you BBB!!!!
D  15th of Jun, 2009 by
Ya know if everyone who order's cigarrest would read the fine print that I KNOW is on there then they wouldn't have these problems. Also if they would actually listen to what the sales reps are telling them instead of listening to what they want to hear they would also be informed more, because every single agent that works in call center follows a very specific script. Within every script the 90 day supply is mentioned as well as the additional cost after the thiry days. And if you don't want to be billed after the thirty days then maybe you should ask the customer service representative if you will be billed any more. They would tell you to return the product. Or if you would just be smart enough to look at the pill count from the bottles and reading the paperwork you would realize you didn't receive a 30 day supply.
A  8th of Mar, 2010 by
Actually Ms. Wow20...if you order online and read the terms and conditions, it states nothing about the fact that it takes hours of phone calls to even get to speak to a real person. And then when you do it's like you're speaking to someone in another country who only understands words like "money" and "hello"

And I would encourage EVERYONE who has every used this piece of crap product to file a complaint. This is the link to the BBB report regarding this company. They currently have THE lowest rating given by the BBB as they have had more than 500 complaints in the last 12 months. YEAH, I'm sure its just people not understanding that's the big problem...or maybe you work for the company?? hmmmm

N  13th of Mar, 2011 by
that is terrible that companies do this. but the best way to order stuff online is to get a prepaid walmart card for just that amount they ask for, and never a credit card cause here in some cases this is what happens they keep charging your card. i hope this helped, sorry for the ones who got scammed.
N  31st of Mar, 2011 by

CigArrest - NOT 1 Month free trial

They tell you to order and get a 1 month free trial of cigarrest...then get billed 99.85 for it!

When you receive it you get a 90 day supply which you are billed for whether you want it or not. They don't tell you that you have to send back the product that they sent you that you did not order in the first place to get your money back. Don't order from Cigarrest they are crooks.order a "free" welcome kit.. I'm amazed they haven't been very sued by now.
N  13th of Apr, 2012 by

CigArrest - unauthorized charge to my visa card
cigarrest stop smoking program
405 w fairmont dr.

Approx. January 2012 i called on an offer made on t.v. for Cigarrest, a stop smoking program. the offer was a free 3 month supply, only charge was $5.00 for shipping. i gave my credit card information only to be used for the shipping cost of $5.00. i made it clear that i only wanted the free offer and no other. after hanging up the phone, i called back to make sure that i would not be charged for any other offers. i was told that i had 2 other pending offers. i immediately cancelled the 2 offers and was told that my only charge was the shipping of the free product. it is now the middle of April and my card was charged $99.00. my complaint is that there was an unauthorized charge to my card made by Cigarrest, and would like my money back.