Chevron Corporation / not refunded for a car wash purchase

1 7314 Elsie Ave, Sacramento, CAChevron, United States

Good Evening,

I was just traveling through Elk Grove, CA and stopped at Chevron [protected]. I purchased a car wash at the pump for $13.00 along with roughly 8 gallons of fuel. The time stamp on my receipt says 12/30/18 19:54:35.

I went toward the carwash immediately after having filled my gas tank. When I went to the entrance there was a cone there. I went inside to inquire about the carwash. The gentleman working there told me that it was closed. I didn't catch his name. He looked to be in his late 50s and appeared to be of either Indian or Middle Easterb descent. He spoke with a heavy accent. I asked him if I could receive a refund since I couldn't use it. He told me that I couldn't. He stated that I needed to speak with the carwash owner and said I could use it on another day. However, as I live 150 miles away, this was not an option for me.

I needed to use the restroom so I grabbed the key to unlock it. I came back and asked him once again about the carwash. He told me that I needed to walk around the corner to ask some guy about it. I left angrily and when I went around the corner there was no one there. He kept telling me that he wouldn't refund my money. I had to go ask some random man that I never saw. When I went around the other corner there was a homeless drug addict lying on the ground vomiting so I didn't want to continue to search the area as it was also dark.

I believe that the owner of this gas station owes me a refund for the $13 car wash that I was unable to use. It was his machine that I purchased it from. If I was unable to use it then I should not have been able to purchase it from the Chevron gas pump. As it was a Chevron gas pump that sold it to me, Chevron should refund my money and then they may ask the gas station to have the money returned to them.

Bi