Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank / chase card

1 4755 West Panther Creek Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77381The Woodlands, TX, United States

On November 25, 2018, I used an ATM at an Exxon Timewise Store. I became distracted when I received an important phone call, but only very briefly. I looked down and my receipt was printing, but the money was not there. The employee at the cash register told me the machine took the money back (I have since learned you have 30 seconds to take your money before the ATM takes it back). I was glad he saw that, so I made another $300.00 withdrawal. The receipt reflected that both transactions went through and my account was deducted twice. I called Chase and was issued a temporary credit right away. Almost 2 months later, I noticed Chase had reversed the credit and charges my account $303.50 for the funds I did not receive.

I called the Exxon Timewise headquarters because I could not speak to anyone at Cardtronics (owner of the ATM machine). Exxon head of security had the Manager of the Store where this occurred view the security cameras and head of security was able to view the tape for that day at the times I provided from the receipts I kept (just in case). Head of security saw on the tape that the ATM did in face take the money back immediately before the time on the first receipt.

I then went to Chase Bank and provided all the information to a Woman there, including the contact name and number for Exxon head of security, and she (employee of Chase) called the claims Department and initiated a claim on my behalf. She said it would be 3-5 business days. One the 5th business day, I called the Woman at Chase and left her a message. She called me back, and said she received the video, but Chase claims department said I have to file a Police Report. Police Report on who, for what? Against a machine??? I called the Sheriff's department anyway, and when an Officer called me back, he said that they cannot take a claim, and that it is a Civil matter between myself and Chase, or myself and the Merchant.

I called the Woman at Chase back to advise her of this, and she hung up on me twice!! I had to call the number on the back of my card, and it was a very long hold, but I got to a Supervisor finally, who advised me that Visa does not accept videos, and they (Chase) only dispute a charge one time. So the Woman at Chase had me waste my time for 5 days, and I wasn't even supposed to file a Police Report even if I could.

I have no idea what to do now, except go to the Courthouse and file a small claims Court Suit, but against whom? Chase or Cardtronics, the owner of the ATM. Cardtronics says on the recording when you call the number on the ATM that they do not have access to your account and cannot handle claims, and to contact your financial institution.

To me, if the money was taken back, Chase does not have the money, and the owner of the ATM does. I am so frustrated and I can't believe the Chase employee at the Branch I went to hung up on me twice. That is messed up.

• Updated by Marysr, Jan 19, 2019

Forgot to state that the Woman who is with head of security at Exxon called me before Chase did, and advised me that she had emailed the video to the Woman at Chase, and she also took and emailed still photos that clearly showed the ATM took the funds back.

Ma