Chase Auto Finance / unprofessional & shady!

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 602-221-2234

What started out as being 22 days late has turned into an adventure to find someone to complain to. I received a call from a man that asked for my husband. When I told him he was not there he hung up the phone. I had already paid the payment through my bill pay and used the return button on my phone to call and give this information that it should reach them the next day. The man that answered the phone was polite and noted the account. When I told him my complaint he said that what the other guy did was ok. I told him it may have been but that it was not ok with me and I wanted to speak to a supervisor.

He finally transferred the call. The lady that answered the phone was more like a robot. I answered her questions in an obliging way and when at the end I asked if she was a supervisor she said no. I told her I wanted to speak to one. She would not transfer me. I was finally put on hold.

After quite some time I hung up and called back and got Sally. Sally was nice to begin with but got very irritated when I would not give her the name of the person I wanted to complain about. She said that she could not transfer me to a supervisor without the name. I again repeated my request. Sally finally came back to service the call and said that no supervisors were answering their phones. She took my number for them to call me back.

I called again and got Pat. You have to understand I was realizing that it was an inhouse deal, a little clique and finding a person (other than front phone line employees) was not going to be easy if it happened at all. So by now, my original irritation was compounded. Pat did tell me the manager in charge of the collections department was Cathy Young.

Comments

• Le
      5th of May, 2008

Well why was your payment 22 days late in the first place? And why did you need to speak with a supervisor? Is that what your complaint is about, not being able to speak with a supervisor? Lastly how do you expect to someone not to get irritated when you don’t cooperate with them. Customers make the mistake of thinking that they are above human cooperation because they are the customer (Not the case). Remember Mrs. Couch, you are dealing with a human being on the other line and they are just as smart, and on occasion smarter than yourself, and deserve the same RESPECT and COOPERATION as they give you. Not every representative that you speak with is rude, you said it yourself “Sally was nice to begin with but got very irritated when I would not give her the name of the person I wanted to complain about”. How inconsiderate do you sound, check your attitude at the door Mrs. Couch because it will get you nowhere, just like you’ve ended up.

• Le
      5th of May, 2008

All you really needed to do was tell the agent who you spoke with that the payment had been made, and for them to please note it to your account. You made things harder then they needed to be.

• Su
      7th of May, 2008

Dear "Check one's attitude"...

Perhaps instead of berating Mrs. Couch, you should follow your own advice. Please note: Mrs. Couch only became perturbed AFTER the Chase Dunning Agent had treated her rudely by hanging up once she had informed him that MR. Couch was not home without allowing her the opportunity to advise said Chase Agent of the late payment.

In this economic recession, it is sometimes difficult to pay exactly on time EVERY time; to this end, it is the function of the account manager to facilitate fair and equitable arrangements that will satisfy both Chase management and those that patronize said institution (don't forget - without John Q Customer's patronage, Dunning Agents aka rude debt collectors would not have a job and would soon find themselves the target of those just like themselves).

It is certainly a shame Mrs. Customer's account manager was not better trained. My suggestion is that she call the office and establish a better rapport with an educated and experience account manager. My account manager's name is Dyana; she is a consummate professional.

16th of Jun, 2008

my auto loan is 3 wks late due to hardships that everyone has experienced and now so more than ever with the resession. I started getting calls from Chase a day after the payment was due. I received over 10 calls automated daily since. I never called back right away, then i received a call at work for payment. The person that called me at work said that he worked for the recovery side of chase wanting to know detailed information on why i am late an behind etc. I told him when I would be able to pay, but the inpersonal questions kept coming and rude as ever. He said all I had to do was call him back in the first place and he would had made arragements because he see's I have been a good customer, and when I told him that every time in the past I would call back I would get the continued calls even after making arrangements. He said that I should not judge him due to the past experience with other customer service reps. Things got heated when I told him I would not post date a check, I explained to him it was because most of the time when that is done, the check gets cashed before the date arranged and causes all kinds of problems and extra fees with the bank. He said that is illegal and I should once again not judge. He told me if that was the case he was going to look at my payment history to see if that was the case. He said that I should not be making excuses. I told him he should not argue and talk to the customer like he is. His responce to me was - "you are not a customer when you are late!" wow did he get me upset.. then they wonder why we don't answer or call back... this is exactly why... why do we have to deal with a ego driven a-hole that is probably behind on his own bills and gets a kick out of making people in bad situations feel worse.

6th of Jul, 2008

i agree..chase is full of ###...they should learn to treat clients with respect...they have a bunch of animals working in their collection department...

12th of Nov, 2008

Bunch of ###ing ###

• Nu
      16th of Jul, 2009

Ok, apparently all of the above are those that work at Chase. I had the same exact issue occur to me 22 days late and this was clearly an error on my part after buying this new car and not having it taken out of my checking account automatically as I usually did. I accidentally made a mistake and missed a payment. However, the women was rude, not willing to work with me, and clearly could give two Sh*** what my problem was. They actually called my work which IS AGAINST THE LAW!!! Fair Trade Act. And when I asked her to remove my work # she said I had to put it in writing which I DO NOT HAVE TO DO BECAUSE SHE SHOULDN'T BE CALLING ME THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Mind you this is the first call I have received about any payment EVER being late. I was basically told that they would reposes my car or start the proceedings if I didn't make double the payment right there and then. I will tell you this...I work Customer Service and if I EVER talked to my customers like this I would lose my job. People make mistakes and that's what they are there for is to explain them and correct them. Not to give me the holier than though attitude like half of you did above. I agree with comment above about the ego driven ahole that is probably behind on his/her own bills and gets a kick out of making people in situations as this feel worse. Get a clue and remember what CUSTOMER service means...YOU (CHASE) service your CUSTOMER (ME)

• Ju
      22nd of Sep, 2009

They are rude and arrogant and I pay my payment late because I CAN! Dont continue to harrass me or trust me..you'll get it at the latest possible date I can pay it...If I am ONE day late they are calling..I DO NOT answer, I DO NOT call back and I make sure that they DO NOT get their payment until I FEEL LIKE IT!
    Now, if they would treat you a little better..they might get that same respect back...but when you act like
    you're dying without a 200 dollar payment and have to continuously harrass someone...your unprofessional and ignorant and so that's what you get back!!!

• Dt
      6th of Nov, 2009

Chase is awful, really. When I talk to them about a late payment they're rude. I try to crack a joke to lighten the situation and they say it's not funny. I was laid off from Nortel 2 yrs ago and then laid off from Verizon last month. I don't make late payments b/c I'm trying to screw with them. I have 3 small children at home and go to school part time in the evenings for a Master's degree and we're trying to get by as best possible.
    I don't know who reads this stuff or even if it really matters. It's gotten to the point where I have to turn my phone off. They call almost every hour. If it was a live person on the phone, then perhaps I'd talk to them but what do I say??? I'll pay you when I can? The laws of physics only allows for payments to occur at certain times and excuse me, but I'm not hocking my TV or wife's jewelery for those a-holes (as a rep told me one time - you believe that???). I've figured out of 4 years of payments, and I'm only 2 weeks late - they've already made around 10K in interest off me - WTF?
    This economy is sitting at 10% unemployment. Layoffs and late payments are natural. Go repo the cars that are months behind and leave me the "F" alone.
    I'll get to it when I get to it - and not a moment sooner - your harassing phone calls are not, NOT going to change that.
    Jerks

• Au
      2nd of Jan, 2010

I missed one payment in october of 2009 to help a neighbor who could not work and his truck was out of service therefore they could no go and shop for food and ect;; so I took the payment money and had the truck fixed so they could at least have a way around, now I'm getting annoying phone call's, nasty letters saying I'm two payments behind, which is a damn lie. So no I would not reccomend doing any financeing with chase auto .

Austin Brookshire
    Marietta, Ok.

• Pi
      1st of Feb, 2010

As of today, I am 1week late (Past the due date) on my Chase auto loan. I tried to use our Chase credit card yesterday (which the payment is never late) and it was declined. We have had that card for over 3 years. We called customer service and they told us that the account had been closed by the lending department. That's ok though because I have other credit cards to use and at least I will be able to pay the chase credit card off without buying more things that I don't need anyway.

• Be
      14th of May, 2010

Less than 6 hours ago, i sent chase over 2000.00 for my truck that was taken from my driveway last Sat. night. i have been trying to get my truck since Mon. i never dealt with the same rep. in trying to fulfill chase's request/demands mon turned into tues. now it'sfri, they have my money and my truck is somewhere in Nashville. which was put on a truck after i told the last rep that i wasn't paying it off, i would pay for "past due, as well as this may payment (due on 5/24). one rep said all of my paper work was fine, another said they have yet to receive (sent 4 times in same day). spoke to a number of "off shore" reps. one told me all i needed to pay was 215.00 then it went to 3330.00and so on. i requested info in writing...we don't do that.The last rep i spoke to told me this wouldn't have happened if i had taken care of this "on the 10th, or11th. i asked him if he had seen that i was trying to get this takencareof.net said yes, not our problem.
    In Dec. i went on a different payment plan. all reps said they saw the info.. had my check and payment info .
    at this point in time, i really don't know what to do. they knew i was working to get this taken care of. i even took yesterday and today off. don't know if i still have a job, can't make extra money cutting grass, can't haul hay to my horses.

• Fu
      28th of May, 2010

i have been a chase customer for 3 yrs now ... and it's funny everything i have read here is true. my payment due date is the 27th and here it is the 28th almost noon... I have recieved a call every hour since 7 am. NONE OF THE CALLS LEAVING A MESSAGE. now i due recall having a grace period of about 5 days or so and then being charged a late fee. so shouldn't the calls start after the grace period? Sorry I don't know know of anyone who calls their lein holder to tell them I am going to be a couple days after the due date. I also have spoke with many reps and they all have been RUDE and some JUST PLAIN [censored], I never heard of a company that repo's on the 30th day .. I had to learn the hard way 2 yrs ago... mind you my case mgr at the time is no longer holding my loan. EVERYTIME ON THE PHONE WITH THEM IS DEALING WITH A POWER TRIP...

• Li
      28th of May, 2010

Oh man, I completely feel for you guys! Chase, and every other bank that loans us money to buy the things we want, must be truly evil for asking where their money is when we're late keeping our word to them!

I've financed two cars with Chase, but I never got a single phone call from them because I PAID MY BILLS ON TIME. I know, it's a difficult concept to grasp, but I've found this is the easiest way to not be harassed when I'm at work. I don't know how I manage, in these tough economic times - you know, how my salary remains constantly on the upward tick because I chose a career field that didn't involve food, hair, or a cash register.

Tough times, all around! I'm not quite sure how I managed to pay off the first car in less than two years while picking up another car payment in addition to my mortgage. Somehow, I must have made the right decisions and made sure I didn't stuff my face at McDonald's every other day, or overpay for some grande latte tall [censored]acino every morning, or have to get the latest and greatest gadget, clothes, accessories, etc just to impress my equally broke friends!

Personal responsibility sure is a [censor]. How are you going to teach your kids any responsibility if you're busy dodging phone calls from the people who let you borrow money in good faith? Have fun with jacked up credit rates for the next few years!

• Fi
      10th of Jan, 2011

I recently bought a 2007 GMC Envoy, and have financed it through Chase. I had my choice of finance companies since my credit rating was in the 820s, which I hear is excellent. I chose Chase over my actual bank, Huntington because Chase didn't charge a $125 early payoff fee (which is insane, but hey they gotta make their interest money). And Chase got me a slightly lower interest rate, but I kept debating because I know Chase, I know how they are.. They screw up paperwork, I used to work for them. Now, first of all, Chase didn't send me a payment book and since I was busy during the holidays and the first payment wasn't due until 1/5/2011 I figured I had some time. Well, 1/3 rolls around and I still have no payment book, no bill, nothing.. So I call my dealership and they can't get Chase to send me one and I can't call them during work.. I was able to get the account number from my dealership and enrolled in online Bill Pay with Huntington. A payment was sent on 1/5/2011, the EXACT day that it was due. It's now Monday 1/10/2011 and they are calling me saying it wasn't received and it's past due. I think it's time to refinance through Huntington.

I am amazed at the incompetence of a financial institution that is SUPPOSED to be so reputable. DO NOT BANK WITH THEM! They will take your money and tell you they didn't receive it...