CenturyLink / slow internet

910 Bacchus Rd, Tazewell, TN, United States
Phone: 4239463212

I'm with CenturyLink in Tazewell, TN. I pay for 10 Mb. After getting the internet hooked up the first thing I did was check at speedtest.net. I was getting around .5 Mb. I called tech support and they had me do a speed test at speedtest.centurylink.net, which showed 8.7 Mb. the tech told me that means I am getting what I pay for. LOL. speakeasy shows .6 Mb. Netflix won't stream HD, online gaming is a joke. Youtube takes a long time to buffer. But the techs say this is because speedtest.net and speakeasy.net have high traffic. I said "so you're telling me that speedtest.centurylink.net is fine but the rest of the internet is broken?" Eventually they agreed that the symptoms indicated a problem between their servers and the rest of the web, but told me there was nothing they could do. My parents house in a different part of the same city has 3Mb and always tests 3Mb on every speedtest site. Is it just me or does this seem like a problem with the Central Office serving my address? Obviously the line is OK or i wouldn't get full speed on Century Link servers. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I don't know what else to do. The guy who said I was getting what I was paying for was tier 2 tech support, and he was speaking with an engineer on the matter. What a rip-off...

Zg