Castaway Pools and Spas / poor service

Vineland, NJ, United States Review updated:
I had no idea that our nightmare was shared by so many! Our pool was installed last year. It was promised it would be done within weeks, it took over six months. John was impossible to get ahold of and avoided our phone calls at all cost. His father answered the phone at the store and was, to say the least, a mean old man. I can't even begin to say all of the things that went wrong, weren't done, or the multitude of problems we encountered. (I would be typing for a long time!) But it was a horrible experience. In the beginning of summer we discovered a leak and again, John made promises and then never materialized, or answered the phone again. It was the absolute worst experience we have ever had. I still don't know what we're going to do about the leak. I hope they are never again allowed to operate a business.

Comments

Be
  11th of Sep, 2007

Castaway Pools and Spas - Poor service!

I had filed a complaint with the Attorney Generals office 6-8 weeks ago and finally they contacted me last Friday. He was going to try to work with Castaway in order to help expedite the non completed work. (About $13,000.00 worth). I told the A.G that there were many more like me involved with Castaway and he said he was not allowed to "reach out". However, he did say everyone should contact the NJ A.G. and file a complaint. I have been trying for two days to reach Dave and have not had any luck. I keep getting their voice mail. I wonder how long they will remain in business? I just want my money or work completed. I hope they will not be cowards and just close and not complete anyone work.
Pi
  12th of Sep, 2007
How did you file the complaint with the AG? I went to the NJ Attorney General website & there was so many forms related to homes, I wanted to make sure I filed the same report with them as you did.
Br
  21st of Sep, 2007
I was recently contacted by the N.J. Attorney General too. They got my name from the B.B.B. complaint I submitted. They told me they would wait until my court date before they took action. We'll see.
Gr
  2nd of Nov, 2007
All - I also got screwed by Castaway and their concrete subcontractor. Please email me, I want to organize us. Get every one's name and numbers. See if you filed a complaint and/or lawsuit. I signed a contract with Castaway back on Aug. '06. I filed complaints - the AG office is not producing any results. Filed a suit on my own in in Sept. '07. But, I think if we get organized, we may be able to accomplish something.
Be
  5th of Nov, 2007
Hey Greg-

Count me in! I think you have my info. If you need anything else please let me know.

Ben.
Ma
  24th of Aug, 2008
I to was a dumy. i was on a survey, took the trial offer and got scamed. there were no phone numbers on the offer but i thought there would be with the trial shippment.NOT, only a web sight. when i went to bring it up, all that would come up was a picture of the bottle of colonsmartcleasner, when i clicked on the bottle it would take me to another sight. i tried several times the same thing kept happening. So there i found a phone number so i called it. they kept saying they had nothing to do with colonsmartcleasner.needless to say i was very angry.then i thought well when it comes in i would just put on it return to sender and wait for a refund. well it never happend... my bank said they couldnt do anything for thirty days from the day i sent it back. so i waited filled the dispute and waited four days for the results.. well then i get the results from my bank... NOT HAPPY my bank sends me some copys off the internet from colonsmart stating there is only one way you can receive a refund.you have to follow four steps. one of thoughs steps are they do not except Return to sender packages as a way for refund. what they dont say is that package i sent back is theirs now and you get nothing for $88.98.now it said nothing about ANY policys when i ordered the free samples.and when i got the free samples it had nothing of any policys either. so im out the money and the FAKE product(COLONSMARTCLEASNER). OH DID I MENTION YHE PRODUCT DID NOTHING... I TOOK THE SUPPOSEDLY FREE SAMPLES AND HAD NO REACTION !!! if there is anyone out there that can help me get my money back.i would be very happy... oozman.com@live.com TO EVERYONE------ STAY AWAY FROM COLONSMARTCLEASNER !!! THERE A RIPOFF !!!

1 minutes ago by Mark Keyworth [send email]
i forgot to mention the paperwork my bank got off the internet was dated july 10th 2008 REVISED. this was 2 mth. after i sent mine back. when i got my (FREE) sample.i couldnt get on their web site to cancel nor did they have a phone number... COLONSMARTCLEASNER IS A RIPOFF...