[Resolved] Carrabba’s, Lutz FLleft sunglasses on table

Em Nov 27, 2018 Lutz, Fl

On Nov. 26 th, after having dinner, I left a pair of expensive sunglasses on the table. I didn't realize it until morning and went back as soon as the doors opened. I didn't expect a problem because the waitress would have gotten them as soon as she returned to the table for the check. She also had my name and credit card information and could have put my name on them knowing I would be back. When I went in, the young man who took care of me told me he saw a pair on the wall next to the podium because he too was working. He then went to ask the manager thinking they may have been put in his office. He came back to tell me they were looking. The manager never came out so the young man went back to the office. Needless to say they were not there. I felt the whole situation was handled very poorly and the manager didn't have the decency to come out and address me himself. I could understand if I didn't come back for several days, but it was less than 24 hours. I paid $300.00 for these glasses and very upset that someone helped themselves to them. My waitress was Alyssa and a male manager. I feel they were taken by someone on their staff! They were a name brand that would have easily been recognized as expensive and that's why I don't have them! I left my name and phone number asking for the manager to talk to the waitress and call me this evening. I have yet to receive a call nor do I expect to. I'm very, very upset about how this was handled especially since I go to carrabba's often. I will never go back! I realize to you they were just sunglasses but to me they are a necessity for my sensitive eyes!

• Resolution statement

Today is December 11th and it’s been 15 days since my original complaint. On November 26th I left my $300.00, Maui Jim sunglasses on the table. I went back to Carrabba’s on Wednesday, November 28th for the second time to check if they were found. That is when the manager called our waitress and she confirmed that she brought them to the hostess station. The restaurant was empty which leads me to believe they were stolen by an employee. I am part of your rewards program and they had my name and phone number which they could have used to contact me. I feel that Carrabba’s never attempted to follow protocol with an expensive item. As a result of their negligence, they were stolen. Because of their cost the theft is a felony. I’m not giving up on this complaint and will be filing a police report if it’s not resolved. I also intend to write to the Tampa BBB on the way the issue has been handled. To date, I’ve heard nothing from two different managers or from my original email. Your promptness and cooperation in getting this matter resolved is greatly appreciated. Regards, Emily Ferrini 16115 Ivy Lake Dr Odessa, Florida 33556 [protected]

• Updated by Emilyfkl, Dec 12, 2018

This is now December 12th and my complaint has been noted as resolved! I really don’t know how that could be since I have heard from no one!! No one has answered my email or called me! I am furious as to how my complaint has been answered and I will be writing to whoever will listen to me!