CareerPerfect.com Resume Writing ServiceDo not use CareerPerfect!

The absolute WORST resume service I have ever used. They do not offer refunds, only limited rewrites (and attitude) and they still are delivered rife with spelling errors, grammatical errors, mistakes in employment details and poor judgment in editing.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Comments

• T4
      Sep 08, 2009

Wow…I find your comment to be interesting since that has not been my experience (and I possess a Master’s degree in English). Their service and quality was impeccable. I know of others who have used their service and they were very pleased.

Sep 15, 2009

You are absolutely right about Career Perfect. I used them to do a Skills Converstion Resume. It's was complete was of my three hundred bucks. The resume was filled with grammatical errors and typos. Their promise that your resume goes through their Quality Assurance team is obviously false.

• Ad
      Jan 05, 2010

I have to tell you I had the best experience with them. My resume was flawless, only one typo and that was in my last name an a instead of an o. She fixed it and I was thrilled.
    More than I can say about THE RESUME CONNECTION IN CRANSTON, RI who took my money then sent me a resume via email that had jobs on it that I NEVER DID.

OMG I could do a resume that bad, I paid for a professional. When I phoned her she wouldnt speak to me then when she finally did speak to me she started a FIGHT WITH ME ON THE PHONE. Wouldnt let me speak just kept repeating my name over and over. IF you live in Rhode Island do yourself a favor, do NOT USE RESUME CONNECTION, CRANSTON< RI her name is WALLY and she has a ton of certificates on her walls in her office but she doesnt tell you they came with the frames.

FYI, had to do a charge back on my CC because she refused to give me a refund a month after I paid her. I had to go elsewhere because I was out of work and needed a resume. I missed out on jobs because I waited for WALLY.
    DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HER SHE IS A THIE[censored]

CAREER PERFECT are A+++++ in my book.

May 06, 2010

I agree with the initial complaint. The resume I received from careerperfect was not an improvement over the one I originally gave them. For $300 I expect to see something that looks like somebody spent at least an hour or two on. Instead they took my questionnaire and merged it with some boiler plate stuff. I got a long-winded answer on some of my initial critiques of the first draft which basically said "I'm not going to change anything." Looks like I'll probably have to complain to my credit card company to get the money back which is a hassle I wasn't expecting to have to go through.

Dec 18, 2013

Complete waste of my money as well! I ended up having to do my resume and cover letter completely on my own. I was able to salvage some decent sentences they supplied me with, however, their resume formatting is HORRIBLE!!! The resume was a novel - not an aesthetic, to-the-point resume - the way they SHOULD be.

• Mc
      Jan 03, 2014

I'm taking in consideration that company to create my resume, I reviewed BBB and didn't see any complains in three years. Why you did fill a complain? That could help us who is looking for a good company. Any recommendation for other company, I'm desperate to find at least an interview. Thanks and good luck guys.

• Bl
      Aug 12, 2015

I absolutely agree with the initial complaint. The finished product I received seemed rushed and lazy. My resume writer (Traci) slapped a few generic sounding sentences on, and literally repeated an entire chuck of skills I had listed (at the top) in the body of the resume. When I asked for revisions, she wrote paragraphs and paragraphs defending her work (I wish she'd put that much effort into the actual resume). One of my degrees was also named incorrectly and there were a some other grammatical issues. I complained to CareerPerfect and was simply ignored. Crappy work, horrible customer service -- GO ELSEWHERE!

• Rm
      Oct 28, 2015

This organization is doing a disservice to military personnel trying to get employed in the civilian world, NEWS FLASH you shouldn't use military jargon on a resume. Most HR manager don't know what an NCO is . And military personnel are poster children for PTSD, you should not have Iraq or Afgan on your resume UNLESS you are apply for oversea positions. This organization should be ashamed of themselves for charging for there services .

Jan 13, 2017

First exposure was to sales guy that promised glorious things. After I submitted my first draft, I discovered it had been lost. I called customer service and guess who I got. None other than the sales guy who told me, "I'm sorry about your bad luck." That is literally the only thing he had to say and offered no help. I had to start over from the beginning. When I did finally get a draft of my resume back, I was disgusted:

1) It wasn't formatted correctly
    2) Gramatical and spelling errors everywhere
    3) Different fonts throughout indicating a lot of "cut and paste"
    4) Sloppy and rushed

I had to send back repeatedly with the SAME edit requests only to have it sent back to me uncompleted. I asked if I could actually speak to the person who was working on my resume and was advised that I could have a conversation with my resume writer for an ADDITIONAL $49!!! Up against a deadline, I finally gave up on them and wound up finishing myself. So frustrating and an enormous waste of time. Terrible business model for them to take advantage of people thet are in need of their help. The only time I received any attentive service is when they were taking my money. I called again to make a formal complaint and the only person I was given access to was the same sales/customer service rude jerk that initially told me "Im sorry about your bad luck."

I think I paid a couple hundred. Not worth $20. What a scam hiding behind their online shield.