CardMember Services

Posted:

Scam

4.5
Cardmember Services
I have received over 200 calls from card member services. The recorded message goes something like "hello, this is Rachel" Would you like lower credit card interest rates as low as 6.9%. If so press this number or press this number to be placed on our do not call list.
I found a website that seems to be theirs (https://www.cardmemberservices.com/ccp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/cms/exp...). Ironically the site is about protecting your identity! I called the number for personal cards (877-999-3872) I was asked to key in my 16 digit credit card number so I pressed 0 and got the "invalid response" reply. I then pressed 0, 16 times, I was transferred to a live person. Her voice had an accent and I am sure she has recorded a similar message that "Rachel" uses.
She asked me for my credit card number, after I explained to her that someone, with them, had been calling me repeatedly asking for my credit card number and social security number... She asked me for my credit card number and I told her I didn't have a card with them. She then asked me for my social security number!!! I told her she was doing what the callers do too often and I wanted it to stop. She said she could put me on their do no call list and I explained they had done that over 200 times already. I told her that her lack of concern bothered me and I asked her for a number to her legal department and she said she could give me a fax number. I said ok. I asked her for the name of the contact person. She asked me to hold... When she came back she said there was no fax number nor name but I could call this number 212-552-5043 and leave a message and someone would call me back... I believe this is the one calling us.
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Products & Services

Comments

N  14th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes

CardMember Services - FAULTY LOG IN SYSTEM
FEDELITY
Georgia
cardmemberservices.com

THIS SITE INTENTIONALLY MAKES U NOT ENTER NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES U CHANGE THE PASSWORD, first it works for a few hours, then if you try to log in the next day or 2 weeks from the date of the password change.. u have to change it again to be able to relog in, this needs to be reported im sure its one of those gimicks for the credit card company to get people to get late charges so they can boost up their interest, i even switched browsers and tried on several computers and still the same issue. and each time u need a new password making it an even bigger hassle to pay ur bill beacuase to log in u need to change the password and u end up running out of passwords ul remmeber im up to my 35th (no joke) password right now and it doesnt even resemble the password it used to be now
N  9th of Feb, 2011 by    +1 Votes
I keep getting calls from this idiotic so called company. It shows up on caller ID, wireless caller, but they say thier name is Cardmember Services and wanting your info to get you a lower rate on your credit cards. First it starts off as a recording saying that this is a call regarding your credit card. Then when you push to connect to a human they want to sell you something. After research I found that these idiots are scammers and don't do buisness with them. They cal 1-4 times a day and after I ask them thier names or actual buisness name and address, they hang up. So I had them checked out and also contacted FCC. They are known scammers and again do not give them no information.
N  22nd of Jul, 2011 by    +1 Votes
These people have been calling me for a long time. Now when I start to say I am on do not call list they hang up. I know a company can be sued if they keep calling after you have told them. I have had them call me 3 to 4 times a day. I am so sick of it... if people all got together and get a lawyer after to sue cardmemeber services they will think before calling again
N  9th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes

CardMember Services - Won't Stop Calling/Phishing?
unknown
New Mexico
Phone: 877-444-2200

Call all the time. I have asked for the name of the company and they hung up. I asked to be placed on a "Do not call" list and they hung up. The next time I asked to be placed on a "Do not call" list, the caller asked for my name and SSN! When I refused to give my SSN, he hung up. I suspect it is all a scam to get people to give up personal financial information.
A  29th of Oct, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I have hit the button to be removed from their list, and it merely disconnects the call. I've even contacted the BBB, and THAT doesn't do any good, due to the message saying, "If you want to be taken off our list . . ." (I got back with the BBB, telling them you can't be taken off their list, as all you do is get disconnected.) I've been rude to them, asked to speak to a manager, and all they do is hang up on me. I think a letter to the DOJ might be next.
A  20th of Sep, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I got the same call. When I asked the dude, with a thick Indian accent named "James J Anderson", why he needs my CC number he said to bring my interest rates down. I told him these rates are between me and my bank. I'll call my bank. He kept refusing and then I told him I am busy leave me alone and he would not. Finally, I said I will give you my CC number if you give me yours with no intention to do so. He agreed and gave me his CC # with his name and expiration date. LOL! While he was waiting to get mine, I told him what about the security code and then he flipped out and started cussing at me and telling me to go #$%# myself, you @#$ARD... LOL. So, if there is a real James J Anderson, that dude just gave up your card number like it was nothing. Somebody need to get on this ppl.
A  8th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
So, yes, Cardmember Services is a scam. Has anyone ever figured out what to do about them?
N  3rd of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
Need your help in going to the below link and sign the petition to make congress force the FCC to do their job.

A  8th of Jun, 2016 by    0 Votes
OK, lets see if congress can stop Card Members Services. Please go to the below link and sign the petition to make congress make the FCC do their job.

N  25th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I don't think they speak English I'm on my 65th final warning and on the federal no call list. Lets try this. CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!
N  3rd of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
This organization calls me EVERY DAY! It starts off, "This is your last notice"!
A  27th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
I received a similar call but with a twist. The caller identified himself as Kevin Brown but with an Indian accent. He said that he worked with Card Member Services, the same people that provide our bills. The scary part is that he had my credit card balances and credit score! He said that because my credit score was over 750, I qualified for a special program to reduce my interest rate on all my cards to less than 6% for life! My bells and whistles were going off of course but because he had information that I did not provide I wanted to see how far he's take this. He told me there would be no out of pocket cost to me and that he could save me more than $3000 with my current balances. He went on to say that the, wait for it...$790 fee...would be absorbed by the $3000 savings. He also said that the cards would never be able to increase my rates regardless of future payments to these cards. I told him that I do not carry balances from month to month and asked how this program would benefit me (because if you don't carry a balance the interest rate is not an issue if you pay it off before the billing cycle). He said that I could not benefit from the savings but that I could still benefit from the lowered rates. He clearly was not listening. I told him I'd have to research the company. He continued to pressure me, and said the offer was valid to that day. I told him I would have to call him back. He provided his name and number (267-592-4217) and hung up on me. I have a credit monitoring system, thank God. I will be watching closely.
A  20th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have received many calls from these people so I have now blocked them on my phone. Now they are calling my 85 year old mother, who has Alzheimers. I cannot block them from calling on her phone, its a very simple phone and does not have that capability. I have asked them to stop calling her and I am told to shut up and cursed at. I want these "low life's" put out of business or worse now. These people are lower than the ### that dwells on the bottom of a sewage pond. I do not understand how ### like this can be allowed to business. Nor do I understand why anyone would fall for their scam.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree