CanadaDrugs.com / Bad Experience - Beware!

1 Manitoba, Canada Review updated:

Ordered OTC medicine online from CanadaDrugs - enough for 3 months. CanadaDrugs called me at work the following day to notify me that they could only ship 12 pills rather than the 140 I ordered - unless I could sent them a Doctor's prescription. Now, I know there are some people out there that use OTC medication illegally, and I can respect the drug company for wanting to "cut crime", but don't do it at my expense. My life is pretty full and I don't need CanadaDrugs wasting my time on 12 dam pills. Get your medications elsewhere rather than messing around with these folks! I had order other medicines which they conveniently had already shipped prior to calling me. I will be testing their "unconditional" return policy as soon as those medicines arrive and fully expect to be writing another complaint on that experience!

Comments

• Mr
      26th of Jun, 2010

I don't understand how you ordered an OTC, yet needed a prescription? It sounds like your prescription medication ran out after 12 and you needed to get it refilled. If this were an OTC than you would not require any prescription.
    Besides, I understand that they can call your doctor and ask for a new prescription for you.

• Ca
      30th of Jul, 2010

Pissed in Tennessee,

I've worked at CanadaDrugs.com since it started 10 years ago and wanted to respond to your post. First, you're totally right to be upset. You should not have been allowed to order 140 pills if our pharmacy regulations only allow dispensing 12. I think what might have happened, and I'm not trying to excuse the experience you had, was that in some cases OTC products are actually only OTC ... to a point. Let's look at allergy medications. You can go to just about any gas station or grocery store and purchase Sudafed to treat common allergies. HOWEVER, by law, pharmacies must restrict the purchase amount of products like sudafed to very small quantities unless prescribed by a doctor. This is because Sudafed containes psuedoephedrine which is used in the manufacturing of the street drug crystal meth. In cases were someone wants to purchase more than one box, the pharmacy is required by law to obtain a prescription from a doctor explaining why more is required.

As silly as that seems, it is just one example law of many that pertain to "OTC"s that pharmacy must adhere to that surprise many customers who realistically have no way to know about these ever changing rules and regulations.

It is our job as the pharmacy to better inform customers as the time of purchase what those restrictions are, and in online-ordering systems attempt to limit the purchasable amount to amounts that are truly sell-able without prescription..etc.

Now, I don't know what the product is you experienced the problem with specifically, but it likely was something similar to that. For that I apologize. As I'm sure you found out, our company is the only mailorder pharmacy in the world that we are aware of that offers a 100% refund on order (or the portion) returned to us, AND we will pay the shipping back to us (up to certain maximum amounts) within 90 days. We understand that customers/patients change their mind about products, or may be taken off medications by their doctors...or sometimes just don't want to keep what they've ordered...we take it all back without hassle to respect the customer absolutely.

So I apologize for the experience you had. I sincerely hope that the product you were reference has been better handled by our company now and that your order was promptly refunded.

Sincerely,

Brock Gunter-Smith
    Director of e-Business

CanadaDrugs.com Group of Companies
    16 Terracon Place
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    R2J 4G7

11th of Apr, 2013

I recently ordered prescription from Canadadrugs.com and so far I got blood pressure meds ( atenolol) that are absolutely unless. They were shipped from a company called river east ltd this prescription could have been plain asprin for all I know ...it sure didn't control my blood pressure the second prescription (synthroid) never even made it to my mail box ...Really !! Both prescriptions were over $80.00 I guess I'll write this off as a total loss of money, and a rip-off. Never again!

• Jw
      28th of Jun, 2014

Their site is overpriced cause of the facade of being from canada. I always buy without a prescription at Trustrxmeds.com it comes from India from reputable facilities and their medicine works good, but it's a lot cheaper and you don't need a prescription like you do with canadadrugs. Why pay more and require a prescription at canadadrugs site when its coming from a non canadian source anyways.

• St
      16th of Oct, 2015

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy /onlinecheappills.com I recieved my pills within one week of ordering them.

• Ia
      14th of Jul, 2017

I also had a bad experience with Canadadrugs.com. Received medication that made me ill. I informed them about the episode, But I was utterly appalled that they were not the least bit interested in investigating the matter. They did not even request a sample back of my unused medication. it comes as no surprise that this company was indicted by the U.S. for selling fake meds. Stay away!!