[Resolved] Camp Australia / I am complaining about late book fees
Today I made three bookings for my kids for before school care with Camp Australia. I found out after these bookings were made that charges included a $10 'late booking fee' on top of the $18 base charge due to the booking being made with less than 48 hours (but more than 24hrs notice). Frankly the penalty charges are unconscionable as it represents 55% of the base charge. As I have 3 kids this is a substantial amount. I was told this was in the new terms and conditions from the start of the year, however it does not detract from the fact that exorbitant charges such as these are grossly excessively. In addition to this, if I chose to cancel the bookings (that was made 10min ago) I would be charged the full fee as I needed to give 7-days notice.
There is so much wrong with this. I would rather go to work later than pay $84 for 1.5hr of care. Not again! Ripping people off makes them resentful.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Camp Australia Customer Care's Response, Jun 14, 2018
Thank you for reaching out, please get in contact with our Customer Care team on [protected] or email [protected]@campaustralia.com.au. Make sure to include your customer account number so we can verify your identity. The team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except National Public Holidays).
More Camp Australia Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Camp Australia (Out of school hours care) - service and charges 
- [Resolved] Camp Australia - bad staff 
- Camp Australia - my child was mistreated 
- [Resolved] Camp Australia - unfair treatment of staff 
- Camp Australia - the customer service centre 
- Camp Australia - after school care - charges
- Camp Australia - invoicing and inconsistent communication
- Camp Australia - more problems with service failures camp australia
- Camp Australia - terrible customer service
- [Resolved] Camp Australia - school care