Camera Giants/Garmin Nuvi 760 / questionable ethics and customer service

Camera Giants
I had placed an order for the Garmin Nuvi 760. Within a couple of days of placing the order I got a call from this gentelmen stating I would need a charger for my Navigator and there were several types to choose from anywhere from $40 - $80 additional. I was turned off by this and stated I was all set. He then preceeded to tell me that the order was on back order for approx. 3 weeks or so. I found this a little odd for a new product but whatever.
Now it's approx. 3 weeks time and I called and got the rudest customer service guy you could imagine. I said I'd like to check on the status of my order. He said "It's on BACKORDER" I said that I knew that but approx. how much longer would I have to wait. He stated "BACKORDER IS BACKORDER" and "NO" he could not tell me anymore information. Typically when a company orders products, they know the status of their product and can track the time, etc. I am not convinced that I was even getting a new product with the response I got and for waiting three weeks with no one able to give me an update. I said to the gentlement "So much for nice customer service" and hung up on him. I immediately wrote a compliant on their website and canceled my order. I'm getting my navigator in a couple of days from another company. I hope more people post as they deserve to go out of business acting the way they do.

Garmin International Logo Garmin International