Cache Creek Casino Resort / cache creek casino says my old $25 chip is no good, not valid

1 14455 Highway 16 Brooks, CA, United States
Phone: (800) 452-8181

I visited the Cache Creek Casino Resort located at 14455 Highway 16, Brooks, California 95606 on Thursday evening on August 20, 2009 around 10:00 pm. I brought with me a Cache Creek Casino chip of $25 that I had forgotten and left in my drawer for perhaps 4 or 5 years. To my surprise, the cashier personnel at the casino said the $25 chip was no longer valid. I spoke with both “Alice” and “Ebony” the managers at the cashier and neither was able to provide a reasonable explanation on how they can simply invalidate a casino chip that still have the name “Cache Creek” imprinted on it. I have given the casino $25 US dollar in exchange for this chip and expect to be tender the same amount upon presenting this chip.

When I requested to speak to the Casino Management for further explanation, the head of security was called upon instead. I calmly and logically explain to him the situation of how they can simply invalidate a casino chip without proper disclosure. His only explanation was “That’s how casinos run.” The head of security then became impatient and accused me of being intoxicated. I became very upset but did not want any altercation so I simply walked away.

I have submitted a complaint to the Gambling Control Commission and here are the questions I have posed:

1) Does Cache Creek Casino have the right to invalidate chips at their discretion?
2) What are the disclosure process required by the casino in order to do that? How is this process regulated and audited?

Da