BroadbandOffers.com / Ne rebates, no response!

I submitted two rebates to BroadbandOffers.com in the amount of $30 and $49.95. Their mailing address is:

P.O. Box 8251
Wixom, MI [protected]

Broad Band Offers sent me a letter stating that I did not include a copy of the rebate form. That afternoon, I completed the two rebate forms and mailed them to the address given. It has been almost four months and I have not received payment of either of the rebates. I submitted a "ticket" as they request on their web-site, but have not received any response.

The order is under Bruce Tapp 6522 Hot Springs Place Apt. C Indianapolis, IN 46217.

Comments

1st of Jul, 2008

I signed up for comcast high speed internet at 19.95 -6 months with 100. rebate on march 30, 08, never received the 100. What to do? Comcast is giving me the run around.

• Tr
      13th of Jul, 2008

Complaints should be addressed to the attorney general's office of NJ, where broadbandoffers.com. is located:

Better business bureau receives their money by businesses they are supposed to be watching, Better business bureau has no legal authority, Better business bureau is a waste of time. File a complaint with the NJ attorney general.

I have four offers from broadbandoffers.com, which I am sending away tonight:

Here are the offers:

ComcastOffers.com
    $75 Cash Back Digital Cable Offer
    Offer 121711
    Bridgeport, NJ 08014 -9114

As you can see, their address has changed.

I have made a photo copy of everything, am going to pay .60 cents more for delivery confirmation, and I am going to video tape putting all of the required items in their envelopes, sealing them, then mailing them away.

I will post this on youtube.com, and use this video, and all other evidence when I file jointly against comcast and broadbandoffers.com in small claims court.

But it will never get to that, because they will settle out of court.

I am a law school graduate, if you have any questions, e-mail me, or post them here.

• Ra
      21st of Jul, 2008

I agree, this company is HORRIBLE!! I signed up for a free modem with Time Warner cable and after paying the $90 I was told to simply print out two rebate forms and send them in once my cable was installed. Well I went to print the forms and they would not print. I called the number and got time warner, who has nothing to to with broadband offers. I tried to cancel the order, and reverse my credit card, doign everything I coudl because I knew I was not goign to get my money, and I didnt really need the modem anyways. It has been about a month and half since I returned the modem (via DHL, like the overnight company) and borad band offers STILL does not have the modem in their inventory. Even though DHL said they delivered it the next day... Funny I think I just paid $90 for nothing. Oh yeah and not having ANY telephone numbers listed on their site is quite convienent since they NEVER respond to emails.

• Ro
      2nd of Aug, 2008

Comcast & Broadband Offers should be ashamed of themselves! No Rebates, No Service, No Nothing!!! These companies are operating like they're in the dark ages and we the consumer have no rights!!! I ordered the double play back in March of 2008 and was promised 4 Rebate checks! I've received to date $0.00!!! I used to be able to at least check the status of my rebates through a website called check my rebate.com. Now when I try, It tells me it has no information on any of my 4 tracking numbers!!! I bookmarked all of the other rebate web pages I had visited prior and now when I try to access it tells me Page No Longer Available!!! What are they trying to pull & how are they being allowed to get away with it??? Not to mention the terrible treatment I've recived from Comcast because I didn't order service straight from them!!! I tried to make a change to my service which Comcast told me now invalidates the 12 month promotional rate I received online when I ordered and I now must pay full price!!! Please someone do something about this and fast! I too am lodging a complaint with the BBB in hope that someone will stop them from the monopoly they think they have going!!!

• El
      7th of Aug, 2008

I ordered service from Comcast & free Modem from Broadband at 10:15am 8/7/08. I canceled with Comcast at 10:36am after I read online about Broadband. Comcast told me that they cancelled everything for me. I called Broadband at 2:15pm 8/7/08 & they said that nothing was canceled with them & my order was already being shipped & I would have to pay the S/H fee of $9.95.
    The woman I spoke with gave me a attitude from the very begining. I PLAN ON CONTACTING COMCAST & TELL THEM HOW BROADBAND TREATS THEIR CUSTOMERS. Hopefully Comcast will drop them.

• Ca
      20th of Aug, 2008

do you send me all the letters i need

26th of Aug, 2008

If you have to send a rebate and you have already locked your self in SEND IT REGISTERED MAIL. Sure it will cost you about six bucks for the two but they cannot say they dident get it. Also send coppies of all paperwork for both to both rebate offers. This insures they cannot say they did not get your paperwork. Make copies for your self and then be prepared to wait for about 3 to 3 and a half months. They say ten weeks but that is from processing date to completion after its completed processing then it goes to another office where they write the check. If you cover your back you will get your money but its not easy or a very user friendly company. As far as the internet was concerned I loved it but the rebate was a big pain. If you submitted your rebate you can check the status on the websight broadbandoffers.com
    Ps remember the person taking your call is not at fault for the system try not to take out your frustration on the person answering the phone. I know its frustraiting but try and remain professional. Ask what you can do to resolve the matter if there was a problem. I submit everything by registered mail now I learned the hard way a few times.

• Tr
      10th of Oct, 2008

I HAVE RECEIVED ALL MY CHECKS!!:)
    I read all these complaints, AFTER I had purchased from broadbandoffers.com. This may have been what drove me to check and recheck each offer letter, and photocopy each page sent. Any information I needed was easily obtainable through their telephone request line. I then sent the letters certified mail, so I could prove they were received. I printed the "wheresmyrebate" page when it showed the offers processing in the system. And guess what, they came through.
    Understand that they don't want you to get this money, and will make it as difficult as legally possible, but if you do everything right the first time, I'm here to say it can work. Good luck to all.

10th of Dec, 2008

I ALSO RECEIVED ALL MY CHECKS!!! TODAY. Like the last posters have written, make copies and make sure to send in all of your mail on time. I also sent mine registered mail with signature confirmation to prove that they had received it. It took about three months to receive all my checks. Oh, also on one of the rebate forms, there was a red number pre-printed on as order number. I kept that number on the form, but wrote my order number next to it. Not sure if that matters.

12th of Dec, 2008
    BroadbandOffers.com - product not delivered
    Ellenwood
    Georgia
    broadbandoffers.com

I paid for a modem. After 10 dys inquired on delivery of item, they claim it was delivered. However no signature or proof of delivery is available. An investigation is open, but requires 60 dys before outcome. I request CREDIT issued asap.

14th of Jan, 2009
    BroadbandOffers.com - Rip off company
    BroadbandOffers.com
    broadbandoffers.com

I Returned the Equipment with proper documents after I was informed by Comcast that Cable service was not Available, but never received a refund of the 89.99.

• Sh
      7th of Feb, 2009

i got the forms here: http://broadbandoffers.com/support/lookups/new
    i don't know how long it will take though.

• Ri
      6th of Apr, 2009

I think Trace and Mitch14 work for "Broadbandoffers.com." Why else would they be the only two people on the planet to get their checks? I can't even get in touch with them through TimeWarner Cable's customer care.

It's a scam and Trace and Mitch are just here to post more BS. They are a RIP OFF.

• Su
      11th of Nov, 2009

The real company behind BroadbandOffers.com is called LFO Promotions / Leap Frog Online. Here is a link to their BBB entry http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/internet-marketing-services/lfo-promotions-in-evanston-il-33004310 they are based in Chicago.

18th of Dec, 2009

Please do not make the mistake of ordering your modem from Broadbandoffers.com. It is a serious scam. AVOID IT.

• Ni
      11th of Jan, 2010
    BroadbandOffers.com - Beware
    Broadbandoffers.com

I purchased a MODEM from broadbandoffers and returned it within three days. They refused to refund me my money, based on a bogus claim that the MODEM had been damaged. The box was never opened and returned in the same box with all the bubble wrapping. It was all in an attempt to avoid refunding me my money. Please BEWARE when purchasing products from them. Their customer service is very inadequate, and they will NOT refund you your money.

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2010

The same happened to us we filed a dispute with our credit card company. Then we returned the modem. I hope it will work. Comcast need to be held accountable .They are just as guilty . They should know what is being offered or in this case what is not! I had two techs come out and 7 hours of my time wasted . Comcast says they cant help. Horrible customer service

3rd of May, 2010

Hi,
    I got my rebate(40+49.95) from the broadband offers. Please wait till they process your rebate form... 10 weeks... :)

check the status of your rebate in the below link

Thanks,
    Mathi.C

4th of Jun, 2010

Oh, and the number to call if you're trying to speak to them (and sit on them... and pester them...please do all.) is 1-877-668-7221

I hope everyone sits on them and gets them to pay out - they are getting away with this because they hide too well, and they profit from it. Call...them...

-M

4th of Jun, 2010

I sent in all correct paperwork, as required & on time. They admit as much.

According to their lengthy fine print, I should have followed up with them if I had not received the check within precisely 16 weeks from the date I sent the paperwork. 16 weeks would have been Feb 24 for me - and according to them, they had cut a check to me in December and the clock starting ticking on another piece of fine print that says I must cash the check within 60 days or all bets are off. So 4 days after Feb24th, my whole case was a waste because they ultimately refused to cut me a "new" check based on the 60 day rule. Not that the fine print says they have to cut a replacement at all.. in fact, it resolves them specifically of having to cut another. Question, of course, is... was that first check ever really cut? Sent?

They were all perfectly nice to talk to - except the surly supervisor, Michelle Wilkins, who gave me the final word on the no re-issue.

Three calls over 3 months and no reply from them other than our conversations when I called. Michelle claimed, on my case file, to have spoken to me in April. I carefully logged each name I spoke with and the conversation's outcome, so that is just absurd. She even claimed to have sent an email - never received.

I was accused of not reading the contract - that is, not of misunderstanding what to send in, but that I didn't read the part about a cutoff of 60 days from time of check being cut.

Now, how would I know WHEN it's been 60 days since they had cut a check when it's a check that I never even received?

Did they really send a check? I don't know, maybe they did - maybe not. One operator told me that the checks come in an envelope that says something about an IPod offer because people were "claiming the checks had been stolen". Sure... and they don't know I would possibly toss something that looked like junk mail in the junk pile?

I did finally receive a separate check on a second offer from them (there was a $40 and a $49.99 - I got the $49.99) and this one loked like an ordinary envelope that I should open, not like junk mail at all - but if they do send it disguised as junk mail, it plays right into their plan to have you miss spotting the check - removing their obligation to you (an obligation they completely disavow anyway in their contract - read the fine print: Not responsible - Disclaims any liability - no reissue...etc)

Read the print - the end even says they are not responsible for you not receiving what they send. It says they can also just end the whole thing at any time with no notice. They have left themselves every out.

It's just $40, but it irks me off to be screwed with.

In my opinion, Broadband Offers is slimy. Unless you want to pay for the item full price and ANY money back would be a bonus IF you manage to get it, and unless you have nothing but time and patience to sit on them by following up constantly, I can't recomend them.

Call them at 1-877-668-7221 if you have an outstanding rebate. Call them constantly - keep notes. Try to be nice, they are mostly just people stuck working for a sucky company (catch more flies with honey, and all that), but keep on them all the same. Maybe you'll get lucky.

-Maeve