Briarwood Shepherds in Port Huron Michigan

Posted: Dec 19, 2016 by

Dishonest and unethical behavior

I wanted a puppy from a specific female, I waited for almost two years (1 year and 20 months, to be exact). Most times when I wrote to the breeder, I didn't get a response. I never knew if the dog was/was not pregnant. I never rec'd a response unless I got frustrated and complained. If I asked nicely, they blew me off, but I really wanted a puppy from this program and from the one female, in particular. After several attempts, with no response, I finally wrote to them around 12/9/2016 and asked for my money back. Jolynn wrote back explaining that she was sorry and gave me the a personal reason as to why she hadn't gotten back to me. I wrote back and said I was sorry for her situation and maybe it was best that we just start anew at another time. She then wrote back and told me that my puppy, when ready on 2/1/2017 would be sold to someone else. I immediately wrote back and said I had no idea and please do not return my money and I wanted the puppy I had waited so long for. They never responded to me again, other than to tell me they were returning my funds.

Resolution desired, I want the puppy I have waited for. I have copies of most of my correspondence with evidence that they were very unresponsive. They took my money, held on to it, didn't respond, and when it finally came down to the end and it appears that the dog had puppies, they decided to take my 1st position, I was promised pick of litter after the breeder and sold it to someone else. Not ethical at all.

I wrote back again on 12/16/16 requesting a copy of the contract I had signed on-line, they haven't responded.
Complaint comments Comments (8) Complaint country United States Complaint category Dog Breeders

Comments

N  26th of Jan, 2017 by    0 Votes
Interesting?? I have been trying to reach her for months with no calls. Are they still in business? Im confused on the whole situation why she wont return calls. It sounds like something happened but needed to know if I need to move on
N  9th of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
How did you both find the kennel? Was it online - if so, what websites. As her website is completely out of date - I am wondering if there is some other place she is advertising.
N  20th of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
As of today, 03/20/2017, the website for Briarwood Shepherds appears to be taken down. No other information available, but we purchased a German Shepherd pup from them in the past and she turned out to be the best companion our family ever had. Sorry to see these comments as we were thinking of getting another one in the near future.
N  21st of Mar, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Alan Smiy Sadly she was highly recommended and we got pup last year. Severe dysplasia at 8 months. I tried getting in touch, but she didn't reply and ended up sending reg mail. No resolution and no further contact. Our boy is so sweet and smart but will probably have to put him down in the next year. She acknowledged that other pups in litter have same issue.
N  11th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I purchased a puppy from them also in 2016. I have tried to contact Jolynn by phone and email several times with no response. I did as the contract said and waited to get her spayed until 14 months but now she is supposed to send me the AKC papers. If anyone has her address could you please email me at dbowen2451@hotmail.com. Thank you in advance. I'm very disappointed with the situation because I love my dog so much that I considered getting an other one from her, but after seeing all of these comments I see that isn't going to be happening.
N  24th of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I purchased a gorgeous puppy from her 5years ago. At 2years old he developed epi... She was shocked when I to!d her. One of the parents has it without a doubt... Still shocking to her. He almost died but luckily he had recovered... medications for life!! Love him but not worth the risk to get another from her. Haven't heard from her since!! Nevr received papers either!!!
A  31st of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
Still have not had contract fulfilled. No money back, no contact, and no proof that parents were even registered. Dog has aggressive epilepsy, severe dysplasia.
A  12th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
It is very interesting to read that other people have had similar poor experiences like we did. We got a puppy from Jolynn in 2011, signed a contract, were promised papers with in so many days of 'dad getting papers' expected to receive AKC papers...have tried calling over the past several years, and nothing. We have left message via phone, email, etc. with absolutely no response. We paid the price for a puppy with papers and never received them. I have looked at her website over the years and saw puppies for sale at half the price, for 'with out papers' and was very disappointed. But, we've had our puppy and life going on so I didn't pursue it legally. Also, within 1 month of getting our little guy he had stomach issues... it took over 6 months of vet bills, various food and medical tests to determine pancreatic insufficiency disorder. He has been on medication and prescription food since then and will be his whole life. Again, we left message for Jolynn requesting information and tracking her down about this issues with no response. Thousands of dollars later, we love our little guy, but very very disappointed in the dishonest, unethical business practices of this lady. I feel the worst for the dogs.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree