Bradford White/water Heater / Warranty

1 725 Talamore DriveAmbler, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800.523.2931

The company above has totally ruined our Christmas this year.

The water heater that they manufactured and that was "covered" under their warranty started leaking over the top on Christmas night. The family including a 2 year old boy was left with no hot water for 3 days. Today I had to call a local licensed plumber and forked out a hefty $250.00 for the installation of a new unit. Bradford White warranty department had explained to me that they do not cover the labor.

I find it interesting that they had manufactured a faulty equipment and are not responsible for the labor to fix their own screw up.

Just a suggestion: Do not buy Bradford White product unless your hard earned $$$ mean nothing to you.

Comments

• Es
      28th of Dec, 2010

This is to polkimjui
    Why in the world would you post this crap that has nothing to do with the complaint itself?
    Get a clue!

• De
      28th of Dec, 2010

I feel your pain, my xmas was sad also becuz of this company. my kids cried themselves to sleep becuz i was unable to get their toys out of layerway, that hurt me so bad .this company need to pay for taken peoples money.

27th of Apr, 2011

Sorry but no one covers labor under warranty. The plumber will general cover the labor cost for 1 or 2 years on their own warranty. Sounds to me like Bradford and White lived up to their end and warrantied the fault product. Not sure I get the complaint.

• Me
      23rd of Jun, 2012

I feel for you and what your loved ones went through. But I am a Plumber and inst hvac as well. I think your problem started with who you have as a plumber. If the top of your water tank started to leak then your problem started at the Hot and cold male or female threaded copper fitting and that would be from your plumber that either did not secure the fitting with pipe sealer or sweat the pipe at the joint after putting on the fitting. That would create a leak and it would not be the water tank itself. I have put in 100s of Bradford white water heaters and have never herd of this problem before. I myself have never had any problems what so ever with Bradford white. You also may have cpvc pipe as well instead of copper and again the plumber messed up. I have never heard of a replacement water heater for$250 either. You are telling me you got rid of the water tank and replaced it for $250.00 the tank if it was the lowest grade tank would cost around $450 by itself then comes the plumber costs. I don't think the plumber was free and I know the plumber fee if that were the case NOT $250. The conclusion here is Bradford white was not the problem.

• Es
      15th of Apr, 2013

This is a comment to the comment above.
    The plumber's fee to replace the faulty Bradford White heater was $250.00.
    How much the heater cost itself I do not care. Firstly, it was under their fabulous warranty, secondly, I am not going to purchase BW junk ever. The pluming was and is all copper. The fact that you have never had any problems with BW water heaters is a miracle.
    I find it hard to believe, but I am taking your word for it.

• Ed
      23rd of Feb, 2015

Found out leaks of BW water heaters are nor covered under thier warranty. Tank lasted 8.5 years!
    Pure JUNK, GARB AGE.
    DO NOT BUY BRADFORD WATER HEATERS. I WAS B LAMED FOR THE WATER LEAK THAT RUINED MY BASEMENT. And Never mind the dammage and replacement costs. No wonder the plumbing company went out of business a year after.