Blockbuster Video / manager's dangerous behavior

6015 Myrtle AvenueRidgewood, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 718 386-6046
On Friday, December 26th at about 11:30 pm, my daughter and I went to Blockbuster Video on Myrtle Avenue to rent a dvd. I haven't rented one from Blockbuster in a long time. We picked out a movie and got on line. I realized that I had forgotten my card, but I had ID on me. I have used ID before to rent movies. I was told that I needed to fill out a form because I haven't rented a video in such a long time. I filled out the form (no problem, so far), and looked for ID in my bag. My bag is filled with receipts from christmas shopping, so I had to dig a little. In any case, the first ID I found was a Legal Resident Alien Card (aka green card). I presented this ID, but I was told it was not acceptable ID. I said that was odd, since the law firms I have worked at, have always accepted this as a valid form of ID. The clerk behind the counter started telling me that ID was no good, and I said "are you sure? It is a government issued ID? Upon which a man, who claimed to be the manager (I surely hope he is not!!) was very belligerent and rude, yelled in my face and in general spoke to me with such a lack of respect that it did make me angry. It seemed that he thinks that simply because I wasn't born here, he can abuse me and that I don't know my way around the system, but he could be wrong. Discrimination takes on many forms. Despite all of this, my daughter really wanted the movie, so I looked again and found a New York State ID in my bag, which I handed to the clerk. the so-called "Manager " too the NYS ID and threw it back at me and refused. I told him I am going to make a complaint against him. He laughed and said "go ahead" . The number is right there. So, it seems he is secure in that he has carte blanche to mistreat customers. I went outside and he went outside too, supposedly to close the gate. And I said: What is your name? and tried to look at his nametag. He tried to cover it, but I saw it (It said "Chris") and he pushed me and almost closed the gate on my daughter's foot. You can be sure that if my daughter had gotten hurt, I would press charges and I would sue Blockbuster for irresponsible behavior. I think this manager should apologize to me and should not be a manger with this type of temperment. I did not go to blockbuster video to be belitted, yelled at, and pushed.

Comments

Jo
  5th of Dec, 2010
Wow! I believe that if I had been in your presence during that altercation, I would've stood up for you. Chris has no right to treat you that way and yes, a green card is legal identification, but it does need to be presented with your Drivers license as well in most cases, in which you did. So I do not know why he gave you such a hard time. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them and I hope you don't have to go through that again.
Ve
  21st of Oct, 2011
Your full of ###
Ve
  21st of Oct, 2011
Dont try sounding all professional. Exaggeration

Blockbuster Logo Blockbuster