BizBuilder / Juicer order!

DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BIZBUILDER.COM; their customer service could certainly be classed as the worst on the web. My order for a Jack LaLanne Power Juicer was placed on 8-24-07 and the status of the order has not changed since 8-27-07. "8.27.07 - Thank you for your order. At this time, your order is in the early stages of fulfillment and is due to ship from either our factory in Mainland China or our warehouse in California within the next several days. Depending on the product ordered, we estimate that you will be receiving your package within the next 15 days [if shipping from our warehouse in California] or up to 90 days [if shipping directly from our factory in China]. In the meantime, if you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service Department at: [protected], Ext. 203. Thank you!" After several contacts with customer service they still can't tell me when I will get the juicer I ordered. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BIZBUILDER.COM; the slightly lower price is definitely not worth the poor customer service. They do post terms and conditions on the site, and these do state that delivery could take up to SIX MONTHS, but they do not in any way indicate delivery time for specific items on the order page, nor do they identify which items, if any, are at their California Warehouse for 15 day delivery. I suspect that they don't actually warehouse any products, and place orders after collecting the payments for products "in the early stages of fulfillment". "NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable." apparently means that within 72 hours of order placement you are stuck and BIZBUILDER has no comprehension of the meaning of customer service. I wish I had done a search on BIZBUILDER before placing my order. I could have avoided some headaches. Don't make the same mistake.

Comments

• Wi
      12th of Nov, 2007

I couldn't DISAGREE more! The simple fact is that this person never bothered to read BIZ Builder's Terms of Sale! Certainly, if you don't read what you are required to read - you will be surprised at "how" BIZ Builder's shipping policy actually works.

I've also ordered the exact same product that Roy Turnbull ordered. Here are a few MAJOR POINTS that Roy's failing to mention:

1. When placing an order with BIZ Builder, you MUST agree in advance with their shipping terms. If you "agree", but never actually "read" what you are agreeing to - who's fault is that?!

2. The product offered is $99.95, includes FREE SHIPPING, and includes over $100 in FREE ACCESSORIES! The total "value" of this order is nearly $250 - with shipping charges. This being the case, both Roy and I are receiving $250 in merchandise and services for $99.95!

THE REASON WE'VE BOTH PLACED OUR ORDERS IS BECAUSE BIZ BUILDER HAS THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES ANYWHERE ONLINE! That's obvious - but, this does require [sometimes] for the goods to ship directly from China!

My point is - you can't have it both ways, Roy! If you want the product - with all that you're receiving for $99.95 - in one week, it's just not possible! If you need it in a week, feel free to order from any number of other online sellers - who will gladly take $150 of your money - and only deliver the BASIC POWER JUICER - WITHOUT THE FREE ACCESSORIES [a $150 additional cost].

The bottom line here - is that Roy Turnbull is trying to blame BIZ Builder for his own lack of reading! If you don't actually "read" what you said you are in agreement with - QUIT CRYING AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS!

Personally - I've been a BIZ Customer for several years, and love their service - ESPECIALLY THEIR "FACTORY-DIRECT" PRICES!

24th of Nov, 2007

I also disagree with Roy Turnbull . I've been a customer of BIZ Builder for several years now - their prices are unbeatable, and it's been a pleasure to use their service. Roy Turnbull should simply shop elsewhere. He sounds like a pain in the ### customer, and I'm sure he's the type of customer that no company wants to deal with.

Thanks for the great service and rock bottom prices, BIZ!

• De
      4th of Dec, 2007

I totally agree with Roy Turnbull. I placed my order on Oct. 12; Bizbuilder charged my account on Oct. 13, and I have yet to receive my order. When I call customer service, I never get to speak to anyone, I always have to leave a message. It is several days before anyone gets back to me, and they can't tell me whether my order has even shipped yet. There is no way to track shipping, as the status of my order is the same as it was on Oct. 13 - "Processing". In the future, I will pay the higher price at a retail store - that way I will at least have the product. Right now, I don't know when, if ever, I'll receive my order, and I will have no way to recover my money if the item does not arrive. I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of customer service from Bizbuilder. I've had orders shipped from overseas before and it has NEVER taken this long to receive my order.

• De
      21st of Dec, 2007

The verbiage on Biz Builder's site is intentionally meant to deceive the unsuspecting customer. If they put "received in 6 months" in the add on their web page instead of "ships within 24 hours" how many sales would they get? I bought another juicer from Walgreens for the same price and got it in 5 days like they advertised. I used it for 3 months before the other one arrived from biz builder. I paid for it after it arrived as per my instructions to visa. So... I have a spare. My opinion is this company has no assetts or credit so they have get the funds from their customers credit card company and when they round up enough cash they go buy these products in bulk. That means the customer gets the supposedly big savings, and keeps them from going to jail. They come on this site and bash the customers that have a problem with the tactics they use

13th of Feb, 2008
    BizBuilder - Awful service!
    Bizbuilder
    23808 Constellation Rd
    Santa Clarita
    California
    Phone: 661-702-7958

Same as many. Ordered a juicer in October, 07. Billed immediately. Still haven't seen it. Customer service says I should have read the fine print, and I'm the dummy for giving them money. Wrote the Cal Dept of Consumer Affairs (not their jurisdiction). Wrote the BBB (Bizbuilder ignores them-says all they do is charge $1200, and if it isn't paid, they give the company an "F" rating). Wrote the FTC (they don't act on individual complaints, but if they see a pattern of deception or fraud, they can act). Doesn't Google list based on the number of hits? Maybe if everyone of us hits the complaint board often enough, it'll move up the list (wouldn't it be nice if it was just under Bizbuilder itself?), and doesn't Google bill companies based on the number of hits? Hmmm!

• Ca
      13th of Mar, 2008
    BizBuilder - Fraud and scam!
    BizBuilder
    www.bizbuilder.com

To make a long story short, I ordered a juicer on Aug. 23 or 07 and have yet to receive it. They said "it's not arriving" (duh) and that they are in the process of filing a claim which can take 2-4 weeks to get my $ back. I paid nearly 100 bucks for it too. Did anyone get their $ back and if not, what did they tell you was the reason? I used to work for UPS so when they brought that tracking number crap up to me, I knew there was something up. I would love to take further action on this company b/c they need to prosecuted. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! I need to do research next time before I buy from an unknown company like this.

• Be
      15th of Mar, 2008

My situation mirrors what others on this board have experienced. We ordered a juicer in June of 2007, nearly 9 months later still no juicer and getting the runaround on a refund. After this company takes your money and fails to deliver, they blame you for not reading their “terms and conditions” Apparently my refund is held up somewhere in “Mainland China.” Funny thing is that my UPS tracking number is for UPS Ground and BizBuilder is the shipper! UPS ground service is not available in mainland China and their “supplier” to whom I must wait for a refund was not the shipper. It is becoming apparent that this is not poor customer service but fraud. But chances are I agreed to being separated from my money without a return when I acknowledged their “terms and conditions,” and I'm just being a crybaby who won't take responsibility for my actions. lol

15th of Mar, 2008

There's another gentleman on this site that has started a class action suit. If you want, I'll tell you how to get in contact with him. I'm encouraging everybody I can to contact the Federal Trade Commission (they have an online complaint form you can fill out-they don't act on individual cases, but if they see a pattern of abuse, they can investigate), and the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Consumer Protection Division (they have a form that you can download and mail in-feel free to use my name as someone who has also been victimized). We need to pressure these guys on multiple fronts. With government agencies, I'm sure it just a matter of the number of complaints reaching a certain level , and they'll act.

• Ca
      17th of Mar, 2008

I just got another email from them this time stating that my blender is 207 days overdue. They stated a week ago that it would take 2-4 weeks to get my money back but I just got an email which said: We appreciate your patience during this period and expect to have a full refund issued to your original payment method within the next 6-8 weeks.

WTH?!!! I am so livid!!! Does anyone know if the class action lawsuit is for real? We need to do something asap!

• Da
      28th of Mar, 2008

I AGREE, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BIZ BUILDER!!! I ordered JACKJack LaLanne Power Juicer too... it was placed in August/07 & it is now March 2008...to this date have not recieved anything. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!! Its next to impossible to get someone on the phone. I actually called right after I ordered it to cancel my order (I had found a better product), but the rep on the phone assured me it will take 15 days to ship out. When I called a month later, they told be it will probably take about 180 days!! before they realize they dont have this product. The service is terrible, when I called to file a complaint, they just blame you for doing business w/them in the first place & offer no solution. DO NOT DO BUSINESS W/BIZ BUILDER, unless you want to donate money & have 6 months to spare. Now they said they are in the process of giving me a refund, but It will take an additional 6-8 weeks, I told them it didnt take 6-8 weeks for them to take my money!!! Honestly people, this is by far the worst company I've ever dealt with.

• Fr
      10th of May, 2008

I'm with the majority of you defending BIZ. They're a great company with unheard of pricing. You can't expect to receive “RETAIL” CUSTOMER SERVICE from a company offering FACTORY COST PRICING!

Get real, you bunch of cry babies!

• Cl
      10th of Jun, 2008

I agree, this firm is a scam and hopefully will get what they deserve "PUT OUT OF BUSINESS" ... they have false adverstisement and do not honor their terms and conditons. I also bought a juicer that was advertised "IN STOCK" READY FOR SHIPMENT" AND THEIR TERMS STATED LIFE TIME WARRANTEE...NEITHER WERE TRUE... THE MERCHANDISE WAS SHIPPED SEVERAL MONTHS LATER AND DID NOT WORK... THEY CLAIM IT DID WORK AND WANTED RE-STOCKING CHARGES... THANK GOODNESS MY CHARGE CARD SERVICE DENIED THEIR CHARGES... AND I HAVE TO LAUGH AT THE PERSON WHO STATED THEY HAVE BEEN ORDERING FROM BIZ BUILDER FOR OVER SEVEN YEARS...THEY HAVE NOT BEEN IN BUSY THAT LONG... IT APPEARS THEY KEEP TRYING TO SELL THE SAME ITEMS THAT DON'T WORK...

13th of Jun, 2008

Buy from this place at your own risk! In my opinion, all the "disagree" responses above sound very suspicious and looking back at the emails sent to my replies to Bizbuilder's customer service department from looks EXACTLY like those comments above - including how they say how a person didn't read the terms of sale and then itemize their comment points by using number bullets.

Here is a sample of the first email I received from Bizbuilder (after waiting 86 days from ordering - hoping that it would arrive by Christmas):

===================================================================
    Thank you for contacting us regarding your recent order. We appreciate your business, and would like to take this opportunity to explain the actual details pertaining to your order:

1. Your order was placed on 11.20.07.

2. Your order subsequently "shipped" [from China] on 11.23.07 - and is headed directly to your doorstep.

3. It has been exactly 86 days since you first placed your order.

4. According to our "terms of service" - orders shipping direct from our factory in China require a MINIMUM of 90-120 days for final delivery. Orders are not considered "unable to deliver" until 180 days has lapsed since the original order date. For these orders - a full refund will be issued to your credit card [after the 180 period has lapsed] directly from the shipping factory.

5. This being the case - we would expect your package to arrive at your doorstep within the next 30-60 days. If your package is not been received by the 180 day deadline, we will immediately begin the process of requesting a full refund on your behalf from the shipping factory.

6. To check the status of your order online, simply visit: www.bizbuilder.com, and login to "my account". From this section, you can check a variety of details pertaining to your order, as well as review the current order notes, etc.

Please Note: When you placed your order, you may recall that you were required to be in agreement with the following standard "Terms and Conditions of Sale": http://www.bizbuilder.com/Articles.asp?ID=130. This email response reflects our standard policies as outlined within this document.
    ===================================================================

As you can see above, it looks pretty much like the first "disagree" comment above, right? Wow, what a coincidence! NOT. The only people that are saying that Bizbuilder is a reputable company and whatnot are probably employees of bizbuilder trying to do damage control.

Quite honestly, no I didn't read that disclaimer. I've ordered from dozens of internet sites over the last 10 years and this is the only site I know of that has such an extensive TOS page before ordering. I don't remember reading that thing, but possibly checked an "agree" box prior to ordering. Believe me when I say, had I known it was going to be this much of a hassle, NO, I wouldn't have agreed with their TOS. Who in their right mind would agree to such a thing? 120 shipping from China? NO WAY! I've ordered items from China through Ebay and it took 1 week, why should it be any different with BizBuilder? When ordering the product, do they have to have them custom made in China? I doubt it!

Needless to say, I never received the item I ordered back in November 2007. I hoped to have it by Christmas 2007, but that never happened.

They finally placed an announcement on the web page for this item back in April stating that it has been discountinued. I never received an email saying that the item was discontinued, so how was I supposed to know? Here it is in June, 7 months later... Anyhow, I requested a cash refund. I'm refraining by saying anything "bad" about this company until I get my money back.
    ================================================================
    Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the status of your outstanding order. Details regarding the product you ordered have been posted for several months on our website. In addition, our records indicate that several notices have previously been sent to the email address we have on file for your account, but unfortunately, we did not receive any reply.
    =================================================================

That is incorrect. The last email I got from them, dated back in February 2008, stated:
    Responding to your comments:

1. Our system will not accept your payment without your confirmation that you've read the shipping terms. It's likely that you just said you agreed, when, in fact, you never actually read the page.

2. There is no "fine print". In fact, there are several pages of copy that must be reviewed.

3. The remainder of your comments clearly indicates your confusion with "how" orders are processed on our site. We invite you to call our order desk anytime for further explanation: 1-805-581-9415 x 202.

28th of Jun, 2008

Bizbuilder IS flaky. Unfortunately no one reads these posts until after they've paid, and begun to get the "BIZ". Contact your credit card company as soon as possible, and any consumer agencies you can find.

8th of Jul, 2008

I just wanted to say that I got my money refunded to me. It took 2 days for the money to hit, however, I didn't feel comfortable giving them my bank card's # and CVV2 number, so canceled my debit card after requesting the refund. Thankfully, it went through.