Bid Tv / Numerous phone calls

1 3 Broome CloseEngland, Essex, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 01277 622716

I was woken at 1 o'clock this morning by someone calling from bit.tv - calling from [protected]. Since then I have had 5 other calls. I have repeatedly said that I have not ordered anything from bid.tv and yet the calls still keep coming. I believe that bid.tv is part of Virgin Media. I have never bought anything from shopping channels and never will, so can't understand why I am getting these calls. They are obviously coming from India and presumably each call was made by a different person, hence my message of not wanting to be bothered is not getting through. PLEASE HELP.

Comments

• Je
      5th of Jun, 2008

I ordered a mp4 player from Price Drop TV, a few days later the parcel arrived containing just an empty box.
    They had already taken £62 out of my account.
    I rang, emailed and sent recorded delivery letters to them, which they totally ignored !

I then complained to my bank who got the money back for me.

I have just had a phone call from Price Drop TV telling me they are getting that money back and then slammed the phone down !

I will never trust that company again BEWARE !!!

• Ka
      10th of Aug, 2008

Quick To Take The Money From Account But Very Slow To Return It When Products Arrive Broken, Thats If They Arrive At All. Still Waiting 6 Weeks Later For My Refund!!!

• Da
      10th of Aug, 2008

These shopping channels usually offer poor customer service. I have had to call them a number of times and you usually have to speak to someone who’s English is not very good.
    Bad Points -
    Have been over charged on one item and took 3 phone calls to sort it out
    Postage costs for small items are expensive. I recently bought a DVD box set was charged £7.99 postage it arrived in 3 days delivered by Royal Mail second class, I took it along to the post office and had it weighed - it cost £1.63 a profit of £6.36.
    Inflated prices that they start with, often you can find the items cheaper on eBay, Amazon
    Good Points -
    Delivery times are quick usually 3-5 days

• Je
      14th of Oct, 2008

Hi there,

I have also received very very poor customer service from this company...

I also received calls from this company well into the night and for three nights running even though they had already taken my card details. We even had to unplug the phone.

And now eight days later - I have placed three calls in the past twenty minutes and each person has hung up on me because I have asked them to explain to me why I haven't received the goods they have charged me for. They have given me a couriers name but refused to give me their telephone number so I can chase myself. I am stuck and now they have my bank details and I am worried.

• Am
      16th of Oct, 2008

My friend used my number to telephone and enquire of a product on TV, That was 2 days ago, I have since received 32, Yes, 32 Calls from them at all times of day and night, I have now resulted to turning my phone off ! I am so angry, any ideas ?

2nd of Nov, 2008

Bid tv are a disgrace. Their Deli customer service is more like dis customer service. I think more thought would be better for attitude to customers rather than asking for email addresses and other ways to spam customers. I hate bid tv soooo much.

• Vi
      10th of Nov, 2008

i ditto all the above. The 18 calls a day over 5 days, hanging up on me, demanding my card details waking me and my partner up when we have work the next day. my friend bought a 'diamond' ring and paid a few hundred for it-it was appauling quality and they simply DONT offer you a refund like they say they do. They dont have bargains its £1.50 for the call and £7.99-£8.99 for postage which usually makes it a rip-off- the stuff is soooo cheap and cheerfull. Dont give these dishonest peolple your money or personal details- they dont care about you once they have your hard earned cash! Its a disgrace they're allowed on tv really. Mind i have bought 5 or 6 items from QVC and all were exceptional quality and you can choose different ways to order and speak to a uk call centre if you wish- they really care about their customers and id recommend them to all. I hope they dont get tarred with the same 'bad shopping channel' brush as bid tv as they dont deserve it. BAN BID TV I SAY!!

31st of May, 2009

yes totally agree, i Brought something gave my cards details.. hour later another call asking for details.. which i had already given.. then two on my mobile.. one at 1.45 am this morning.. one ring .. enough to make me mad and wake me up.. wish i could get there numbers to call them out of bed. then today same 11 more calls.. i tell them its done.. bad engish means they do not understand.. ahhhhhhh help.. i may throw nphone at wall.

6th of Jul, 2009

Beware I bought an item from bid tv only to find out later that they give your bank details to a firm call BIG SAVINGS. I had a week away in April after looking after a sick husband for over 3 years when our bank statement came on opening it I found BIG SAVINGS had took £99.99 . It transpired while I was away a recorded delivery came which my daughter got my husband to sign for when they opened it it looked just like adverts so they put it in the recycling.After a lot of very angry phone calls and signing a form I am getting my money back also when looking on an earlier statement I found I was charged also for the recorded delivery.I think it is a disgrace that they can hand over your bank details and by NOT SIGNING ANYTHING INSIDE THE RECORDED DELIVERY you are enrolled in the BIGSAVINGS club who charge you a yearly membership.I FOR ONE WILL NEVER DEAL WITH ANY BID CHANNEL AGAIN. HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CAUGHT LIKE THIS OR DON'T CHECK THEIR BANK STATEMENTS.

7th of Jul, 2009

I have been a loyal customer to BidTV for six years and have recently been robbed of £100! I was disgusted and appauled that after placing an order, a salesman tried to pitch what he claimed to be a FREE membership of some sort to something called 'Big Savings'. He was very persistent and I was eager to get off the phone but made sure to ask whether it would cost me anything! I asked this several times and each time he answered NO. I was informed of a £2.99 postage and packaging fee but was horrified to discover not only had my bank details been passed on to god-knows-who but I had been charged £99.99 causing me to go overdrawn incurring further bank charges. It turned out that something I recieved in the post which I believed to be junkmail contained information which I had been told I could read at my leisure. I only wish I had taken note sooner because I have now been told I have missed the 30 days allowed to withdraw! I am sickened at how BidTV would treat a loyal customer and my confidence in all of their staff has been shaken beyond repair as no-one has proved at all helpful. So Beware, what may be pitched to you as a no-cost-involved free gift type promotion, could actually cost you up to £100. I have no further intention of shopping with Rip-OffTV!

7th of Jul, 2009

How many other people have been ripped off like this is there any way we can all join together we that have been affected by this scam and maybe do a protest march outside number 10. Come on stand up and be counted. This isn't for myself because I got my money back but what about all the old, sick and elderly that have had money taken out of their account and have nobody to fight for them. Lets stop this practice of if you don't sign up these companies automatically assume you want to be come a member AND THEN CAN TAKE A YEARLY MEMBERSHIP FEE.
    mariekasch@yahoo.co.uk

• Ri
      6th of Dec, 2009

I have been trying to bid for the wii that has been advertisied on bid.tv, I have tried many times the last time which was today sunday 6th 9-30pm, I put the random phone number in my phone and was connected as soon as I heard the first word welcome I hit the number 1 key to confirm, at this time there were still 10 on the tv, but I still got the message this auction is closed!!

I could not physically type the number in any faster!
    I think that this Wii promotion by Bid.tv is a con, I contacted customer services last week to complain about the way in which this promotion was being conducted, the representative took details of my complaint and said I would receive an email and a phone call to discuss my complaint, but surprise not a single call or email.

I am going to complain to The Advertising Standards Authority first thing tomorrow, and I may decide to also take legal action against them myself.

Has any one else had the same problem?

• Li
      15th of Dec, 2009

i ordered a playstation 3 formy sons xmas on the 16th nov, it took a week and a half to get to me but yet they had taken the £208.99 out of my account, when it arrived it was not a playstation but a jacket, so i phoned them, it took them a week to pick this item back up using there on delivery company, i phoned them two days later to make sure they got it and asked for a refund, since then i have made about ten phone calls to them to get my ownmoney back . they said it would take within 14 days to get a refund into my account, , tomorrow is the 14th day . on friday i got told that the refund had been put through, today i get told that it only went through today i checked my account and nothing . phoned them and a supervisor was going to give me the transaction i.d and would phone me back with it . two hours later she phoned but couldnt give me i.d till tomorrow now . bets i dont get that phone call . it is now a month later from ordering my item and nothing has been done apart from them keeping my money back from me ... i will never shop with bid t.v again. now my son hasto go without his dream xmas gift from santa as iam a single parent and dont have another £208.99 to pay out on another playstation ...

• Ri
      23rd of Dec, 2009

Hi Liz, I am sorry to hear bout your problem and this may be a bit late, but here is an email address for Sit Up Tv who are the head office for the three channels, bid, speed Auction, Price drop.

contactus@sit-up.tv

Tel: (020) 8600 9700

sit up Ltd.
    sit up House
    179-181 The Vale
    London W3 7RW

If I was you I would contact the channels head office and complain you will get more response from them than you will by contacting the customer service sorry I mean Delhi call centre.

I would also contact the Office of Fair Trading and complain, I would also write a letter to Sit Up Tv explaining the problem and giving them so many days to fully rectify the problem plus you want some interest paid on the money they have been holding of yours, if they refuse state you will issue a claim in the small claims court, trust me it works once you get official.

Hope this helps!

29th of Dec, 2009

I HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBELMS WITH THEM LETTING ME CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS AND THEY KEEP SENDING THE CHANGES TO MY OLD E-MAIL ADDRESS WITCH NO LONGER WORKS IS IT JUST HAPPENING TO ME AND ANY IDEA WHAT I CAN DO TO CHANGE IT.

29th of Dec, 2009

BID TV WONT LET ME CHANGE MY E-MAIL ADDRESS ON THERE WEBSITE HAVE TRIED SO OFTEN TO CHANGE IS IS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF A LOT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

• Do
      15th of Jan, 2010

I will never buy again nothing from bid tv i bought a pyjamas on 10 of dec the pj never came .I had spent nearly the same value in phone calls, so is not really a refund!!! They brech the contract cus they pronised me wud arrive in 7 days.they need 2 be sued at small claims court
    domingas sousa

• Sy
      7th of Mar, 2010
    Bid TV - non payment of returns also items on bank statement which I have not received
    England, East Sussex
    United Kingdom

Since december 2009 I have purchased many items from Bid.TV, I have returned Diamonds and Ruby earrings which have not yet been refunded to me also I have checked every delivery note (411) to be exact with my bank statement and find a number of items during the beginning of Feb 2010 that have been listed on the Statment and I have not received, I have written to Bid. TV spoken to the Customer Service Dept, so many times without any success I am now at my wits end as the total they owe me is approx £850. Can you please let me have a contact number of the Head Office and an English speaking person instead of these from India or some other such place, Many thanks Sylvia Irving-King

• Te
      9th of Apr, 2010

Hi Anne,
    Unfortunately that number doesn't really work [ (020) 8600 9700 ]. When you dial it you have two options:

Press "1" if you know the extension you want.

Press "2" if you know the name of the person you want.

I tried "1" and typed zero a few times, eventually after several attempts I heard the words "Operator not available" then I got the sound of a phone ringing, then I heard "Please leave a message". I did but no one rang me back.

No success with the other option (Press "2"), here you are required to type the first three letters of their name then an extension number.

I just want to find out where my refund has got to. I bought a crappy Luminox camcorder off them, they accepted it back but I'm still waiting for my money.

Another thing it cost me £8.65 to return the thing.

The email address returns an automated response, I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Otherwise I'll have to phone one of their Premium rate numbers and be kept on hold for an indefinate time. However the small claims court is another avenue I could persue.

Take my advice and don't buy anything from this disreputable company.
    -Pete