Bank Of America / $30,000 lost because of bank of america

1 13829 W. Hillsborough Ave.Tampa, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8139250496

On 07/08/08 I went to the bank of America for wire transfer to Turkey. The amount was $30, 000. Jill Townsend did the transfer in Turkish currency without asking me how I wanted to transfer the money. I wanted to transfer the money in dollar currency AND gave her dollar account number in Turkish Bank. Money was transferred to turkish bank in Turkish currency and automatically dropped to $29, 000 from $30, 000. I lost $1000 because of Bank's fault. I went to the bank to explain their mistake. They recalled the wire. But they put the wrong amount as a recall amount in the form. While this process the bank employees Manager Sally and Jill Townsend were very rude to me. I still haven't received the money yet. I don’t know where my $30, 000 is. I go to the bank about this investigation several times. They do not want to help me. They are very rude to me. They also extra charge me for the process. Please help me and other consumers to protect their financial rights from Bank of America. Especially Race Track, Tampa, FL branch.

Nergiz

Comments

• Da
      28th of Apr, 2009

We are casting a documentary about unfair bank policies. Looking for stories with complaints about banks. If you are cast we will pay you. If interested contact bellmartel@sbcglobal.net for more information. Casting needs to be concluded by May 1st, 2009.

• Cl
      18th of Sep, 2009

I've had constant problems with BofA.

I call and complain and they return part of what they purloin.

I filed a complaint with the better business bureau and The Office of the Comptroller of Currency. below are their web sites where you file a complaint electronically. I also found this organization and filed a complaint with my congressman.

everyone here should do the same.