Bally Total Fitness / Health club from hell

1 3235 148th Ave SEBellevue, WA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (425) 643-0060

Bally's management has abused the bankruptcy system several times and wastes money. Trainers get $80+ dollars per hour without education or certification from any outside agency - Bally's pulls them off the streets and trains them. Women complain about sexual harassment from one trainer named James W., a short, balding, obnoxious old man who offers free personal training sessions for sex. Many women have complained and management always says that no one complains. They have equipment which is faulty and could cause injury and you hear about it from other members, staff does not volunteer the info.

Va

Comments

29th of Jul, 2008

A really suck representative I met in Fremont, CA. This representative "S" tries to confuse you with their plans and make you not clear as he can. Also, another non-responsible personal trainer "S" and even doesn't know how to calculate I guess. It is said that " total 2 hours training" and I was told one hour each time. But first time only half an hour and next time he said it would be another 1 hour. But how can 30 mins plus 1 hour equal to 2 hours? Membership fee is not a big deal, but I feel I was deceived. At the end, I cancle it right away.

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2008

K. Sherman,
    You are absolutely right. Riadh Hamdi is a disgusting old guy who is also balding. He too offers free sessions in exchange for sex. He's body is like a science experiment gone wrong.

• Do
      28th of Jun, 2009

While it seems like the only thing we can do is post on scam.com, this is not true! I think that everyone really needs to get together and try to bring this evil, immoral and corrupt company down. This is what I have done so far. Made copies of flyers and distributed it near colleges and even near Bally Total Fitness itself about my story. I also wrote an article about it online.

If the government won't do anything about it and if the Better Business Bureau won't do anything about it, no matter how many complaints they get, we have to take things into our own hands. I recently wrote an email to Michael Moore, the famous director and creator of award winning documentaries such as Sicko, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 through his website at www.michaelmoore.com or you can email him directly at mike@michaelmoore.com.

I know that this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe if enough people write to him, he will pay attention to us. He is a brilliant man. I believe he's the kind of person that personally reads his emails and will help if he can!!! So try it!!! You have nothing to lose. Meanwhile, the main goal is to inform people. If you see someone getting lured into Bally's, try to stop them from going in. The more people that knows about this, the more Bally's will lose business. Once they can't save themselves, they will realize what they have done wrong to have flushed their entire corporation down the toilet.

~Peace.

1st of Feb, 2010

I was sexual harassed while working at Bally Total Fitness in Florida. I have tried to retain an attorney with no success, I wonder if it is because they are in Chapter 11 or because they will put motion after motion through the court system for a never-ending trial. I look forward to the day when the company goes out of business!!