[Resolved] Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc / Engine Noise

India Review updated:

Hi,

My two months old bike is pushing a terrible noise in the engine; when it’s in the idle mode and as well as in the running position. I had not seen such noise when I purchase my bike from the showroom. I use to drive by bike under 50 km as it is new. I was happy and gave it for first service at 729 km and got it back. Shortly I have noticed such absurd noise coming from my bike engine and took my bike, showed it to the service centre (Malinisri Motors). They said that this noise will reduce in the second service but it didn’t. They adjusted something and I got it delivered without satisfaction. When I sensed that it is not a normal sound, I again took my bike to the service centre. The service centre people collected my bike and gave me a job card as engine knocking sound and engine noise checkup filled under the problem description tab.
They collected my bike on 18th Jan 2010. It’s nearly 14 days that I am walking to the service centre all the day to check whether they have fixed my bike drawback. Without finding the actual cause of this problem they use to say that they had fixed the issue and it is ready to get delivered but it is actually not. Still I am hearing the terrible noise on my bike, sounds like hearing a water motor running away.
The Service centre people saying that they have done everything and cannot do with it further. Since they are claiming that this engine noise is normal and sound of the engine noise will differ from one to another and my case may happen to 1 of 100 engines.
My Question is
The Service centre people advising me that I can still drive my bike though the engine giving a terrible noise. I am not bought a second hand vehicle to hear such nonsense. If there is a standard in the pulsar 150 cc, then apparently it should be also in my bike right?
My bike engine noise is changed significantly within 2500 kilometer, than what is the quality does Bajaj auto delivering to the customer?
When my family members and my official friends asked to know what my bike should they prefer to buy, I am the one insisted them to buy a pulsar 150cc. they did it so. But unfortunately my bike is the one giving hassle.
My elder brother is having pulsar 150cc 2 years old, ran nearly 40000 KMs is giving less engine noise than the one I have which ran only 2700 KM. The service centre person still says that this is the normal sound. I am surprising what to say?
Finally! Am I took a wrong decision bought a vehicle from Bajaj brand?

I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Thanks
Shobanbabu K
+[protected] 5566

• Resolution statement

Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...Resolved...

Na

Comments

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2010

Dear Shobanbabu K,

i too have a Pulsar 150cc bike & i am facing the problem exactly like you, my bike also makes so much engine noise that sometimes i decide not to drive. even my bike is just 3months old. I even showed it to service centre people twice but problem is not solved.

Rohit Bhat
    Jammu.

15th of Mar, 2010

i too have a Pulsar 150cc 2010 bike which has run only 250kms when i took to the show room they said it will be gone in the first service which is 500kms i should never have bought a Bajaj

15th of Jun, 2010

Yes i too agree wth this.. Pulsar's engine rattle too early..

• Ro
      7th of Aug, 2010

same problem i face dude i also have 7 month old bike i did nt satisfy with pulsars engine noise is very irritating which comming from engine i hate this sound

• Gu
      22nd of Nov, 2010

Dear All,
    I thought I may be crazy or irritable person when i go to the service centre and complain to them about the incessant noise coming from engine of my 2 months old Pulsar 180, because each time i go there, i get only one answer and that i "No, there is no noise". This happens more than 10 times in 2 month.
    Though, In my case, it is a long and tragic story. when i purchased a bike I didnot know that i am purchasing an extra M8 sized bolt hidden in the combustion chamber of the engine, that i came to know after it 2 days when the culprit had already hamered cylinder head and twisted valves. After machining earlier and changing valves they delivered me my bike with the quality assurance from the manager of the service station. After that day i had gone almost ten times to the service station for the noise that appeared after the operation. But most of the times i got negative response and rest of the times they tightened the tappet. I dont know why but the noise never vanished, not even stopped irritating.
    May be i am unfortunate that i got the problem out of ten thousand, but still i am facing it.
    Being an automobile engineer, I can say if they dont have the expertise or capability to set the timimgs or some crap of tappet, then why the hell they are working?? just for dismantling and mantling the components and washing it??

Employed in Tata Motors

28th of Nov, 2010

I got R15 and engine noise started at 3000km .. finally i fought and pushed a complaint to consumer court. now they replaced the bike with new engine. and now so far no issues

• Gu
      20th of Dec, 2010

Dear Rajagopal,
    Please tell me the procedure to complaint to consumer court. I an fed up with the show room personnel and Bajaj itself. I shall be grateful.
    Pl reply

• Na
      14th of May, 2011

bajaj auto is a ###er company. hh is the best . they dont give any god service to customer, but giving trouble. i have a pulsar 150ccug4.5 3000kms. it sounds like a electric generator runing with me and i m running it. if they cant fix a problem then why the mother###ers r selling bikes in market with a rich price. ### u bajaj. ###er

18th of May, 2011

Bajaj company is good but the bloody service which they have is worst. And that too in Chennai there is no proper service centres and the managers whom they appoint all are having goat brain. They don't know how to handle a customer. They all can just resign the job and go instead of spoiling the brand of Bajaj. Please i request the Bajaj company Head to take a serious step on this and safeguard your brand

• Ve
      29th of Oct, 2011

I too have the same problem with my bajaj 150 CC 2010 i have completed around 10000 Km but still the engine noise is not satisfying, it is good when i bought from new but its not now i don't know what to do with this issue. if any one can help on this issue in better way it is very very help full for me.

Thanks
    Venkatesh.K

5th of Nov, 2011

I agree with all of you.I owned pulsar 150cc 2005.Last month i replaced the cylendre kit connecting rod & its both bearing, timing chain, head guid, valves, clutch & pressure plate with its assembly, valve seal, both spark plug, but noise is on same level.if any one have solution pls give it to me on e mail sanjeev.kr.[protected]@gmail.com
    Thankyou
    Sanjeev kumar sagar

• Sk
      10th of Nov, 2011

I made my worst decision of life by selecting ###ing bajaj, i own a Pulsar UG 4.5. Engine's sound is so irritating that i never plan for long trips. Just after 2500 km of run, its producing lot of strange sounds including knocking sound. Never buy a bajaj and kindly guide how to lodge a complaint against these ###ers.

• Va
      12th of Nov, 2012

Same brothers.I own a pulsar of colour wine red launched on janauary 2012.bought it on this febraury.Each and every time i give my bike to service and write the complaints on jobsheet .But they never solve even one of the problems, They just replace the engine oil, sometimes even the oil is not replaced and takes money from without any service.Next time i will plan to buy a bike from yamaha or hero and never goes for bajaj

23rd of Nov, 2012

Hi guys,
    Even i too hav the similar problem. I took my bike two months before. In the first day itself i observed some knocking sound, i thought because of new engine it gives. Then after the 1st service it was not coming down (i guess little bit came down). I took my bike after 1000 km to service center they told he replaced balancing gear and scissor gear. they called me and told Bike is ready. I went and checked but the problem was still there. after that they checked again and now they are telling they hav added the cylinder gasket 1 more. Now the sound is 60% reduced. I checked with my personal mechanic he says ask them to replace the crank shaft but those idiots are not taking seriously. i am planning to wait till the second service it it not happens i need to find the solution through the consumer court only. if any one knows guide me in this. Is the gasket adding is right solution for this.

17th of Jan, 2013

bajaj sevice is very bad

• Nu
      4th of May, 2013

well I always make wrong decisions and when it came to choose my 1st bike in life, here again I made the wrong but the worst choice by trusting [censored] bajaj 150 .. I get the same noise just after 17 day of purchase ... ###ing ugly LUCK

• Km
      25th of Jul, 2013

My bike was of 2004. I couldn't found a mechanic/service center from last 6 years who can fix this issue. i even changes engine kit recently. still same issue.

• Dh
      10th of Oct, 2013

guys i have pulsar 150 2002 model and i am facing engine chamber problem.main engine chamber is bricked.
    sp plz suggest me guys to keep or sell my bike...

30th of Oct, 2013

Bajaj pulsar 150 is one of the worst bikes. I have upgraded from Hero Honda Splendor to Purlar 150CC.
    From the very first day, I started facing gear shifting problem. Trust me : Pulsar gear system is worst. Gear shifting is very hard.
    Don't by any Bajaj vehicle. Better go with any Honda engine. I am planning to change my bike just because of gear shifting issue.
    Several times I took to service center, but every mechanic is telling that Pulsar gears will be like that only. I have no other choice except to sell this bike and go with any other Honda engine. My strong recommendation is DON'T GO FOR PULSAR. IT IS PURELY WASTE OF MONEY.

• Ps
      30th of Jan, 2014

Hi, I too have a Pulsar 150cc bike & i am facing the problem exactly like you guys, my bike also makes so much engine noise that sometimes i decide not to drive. even my bike is just 6months old. I even showed it to service center people three times but problem is not solved...Please suggest me what i want to do...Is there any chance to reduce sound Like normal...3 free services over still same problem.

Thanks,
    Psnaidu

• Vi
      24th of Feb, 2014

Hi Guys it is very simple -- if your are getting a tick tick sound from Pulsar 150 engine - check the timing chain adjuster - get it replaced and also check the gap of tappets and and alos when tuing the bike get a pulse meter to spark plughs and then get it tuned - u will be able to find a 10 rpm diff -- alos user Shell Ax7 with Nulon engine treatment
    air on tyres should be 25 in front and 32 in back

My brother piulsar has done 54000 and still runs smooths - gives a amilage of 50 + -- 8 yea old bike
    i learned this thing form my mechanic

• Rk
      15th of Apr, 2014

I have a pulsar 150 ..from the very first day the chain set is give a noise. When second person joins the ride then it start giving noise.
    Second problem is that pulsar oil tank shutter do not seal the tank completely .In rainy days the water gets leaked to the tank.

23rd of Apr, 2014

I am also facing same problem

16th of May, 2014
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc - Engine Sound
    Bajaj Auto
    Gurgaon
    India

Pleas don't purchase Bajaj PULSAR=150.
    I am having noking sound in my PULSAR-15cc .
    This sound started after 150KMs after purchase.

16th of Jul, 2014

i am satisfied with this bike

16th of Jul, 2014

i am disagree with you guys

• Th
      7th of Aug, 2014

Dear Friends,

I am also having same problem. I got the noise when i buy new bike. They told me that, when engine set after 2000 kms the sound get normal like that. As i am not aware of it, i am facing huge irritation to ride the bike.

I raised a complaint on both services (1st and second), they simply told this is normal noise. Don't worry about that noise and all. But when i ride with second person (@loading) i am getting very huge knocking sound. Especially when we ride towards up in bridges... I raised a complaint again and i am walking to service station at 5th day.. But still the problem was not rectified. They simply handover that everything resolved. But when we ride it nothing happen... SAME AGAIN... Please anyone suggest to raise a complaint in Consumer court...

Waiting for your feedback friends...

• Su
      18th of Aug, 2014

Hi, I purchased pulsar 150cc on 2010 since after an year handle start vibrating and year by year its increase and when ever I go to show room they say its just a tire or road issue, I check with ceat and mrf group they says no its just the bike issue
    and now the condition is when ever I cross 40km/hr its starts vibrating servicing people says, " you need to take out fork out they charge me 550 and still the problem is same and then next time they change many thing which is unwanted but still problem not yet resolved
    Please some one tell me what to do

thanks
    suchintan dev

• Sh
      30th of Sep, 2014

DEAR ALL,
    I STRONGLY AGREE WITH ALL OF YOU. I HAD PURCHASED PULSAR 150 CC IN 2006. AFTER 3 MONTHS OF PURCHASE, ENGINE START GIVING SOUNDS LIKE I WAS DRIVING RAILWAY ENGINE. I WENT TO SERVICE CENTRE AND THOSE STUPID FELLOWS GANG RAPED MY PULSAR. NOW THE STORY SRATRS FROM HERE FROM THAT DAY TILL NOW (08 YEARS) I AM SUFFERING FROM 250 DB OF SOUND WHIH HAD MADE ME DEAF. PLZ CONT 09835712468 IF YOU WANT TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

30th of Jan, 2015

I got Pulser 150 bike, it was very good for 2 years, one day i given for servicing for Bajaj Servicing center at Nizampet for head cap oil leak, but they loosen engine tap screws on engine head intentionally since then my pulser pickup was drastically came down and worst mileage. I am frustrated because this problem facing for every 3 months because all mechanics in Hyderabad have same mindset. Really its very bad idea to buy Bajaj Vehicles in my opinion

--Raj.

• Av
      1st of Mar, 2015

Avinash
    i too have a Pulsar 150cc bike & i am facing the problem exactly like you all, my bike also makes so much engine noise that sometimes i decide not to drive. even my bike is just 3months old. I even showed it to service centre people twice but problem is not solved.

• So
      24th of Mar, 2015

I decide to buy a pulsure 150 but after reading this comments i m confused, . .is there any bike with same price and better than pulsure 150 Plz suggest

• Uk
      15th of May, 2015

the production of palsar 150 is totaly faulty n fail...aal palsars are make the noice like chain saw...and electric motor. i am a mechanic i hv tried my best to reduce this noise...bt all west.

• Bu
      11th of Feb, 2016

Hi,

I bought my P150 by Nov2012, in Mysore (Karnataka)
    I haven't noticed at the begining, but after a month or so, i got a wierd noise when my bike reached 4500+ rpm.
    Its sort of a rattling noise.
    I asked about the problem with every Bajaj Certified Service Centre Professionals, they said "its a common sound in all Pulsar-150, its just the piston rubbing!!"

I'm certainly not convinced with their response. Because a friend of mine who knows about bikes said it can be treated, but the certified people are quoting it as a usual pheonomenon.

My bike performance was never shattered.
    It gives me a good 50+ milage and has better pick-up and speed.

But this noise annoys me, and it makes me to reduce my speed fearing that it might affect the engine.

If anyone here have any solutionfor this problem, kindly guide me.
    My number is below.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Srini

• So
      26th of Apr, 2016

If any one want to know what I'd definition of ###, the best examples are Bajaj auto Ltd
    from September'15 you are failed to solve my problem. After 17 times visit you people give excuse like this is common issue, sound issue and rear break making noise

Your company ceo MD all top management sleeping like pig, they are just ### people

You people like As the king so are the subjects.

I want to donate 10 Rs to you ### people so pl give your account detail and buy black face mask and cover your face.

Just manipulate people by launching worst, technical failure product like Nueva Pulsar CS400, AS200, AS220, Pulsar 150 etc.

From September'15 what you have done what's your action plan???
    Your service manger talking like he is doing charity on me (When you free send vehicle work shop for your issues
    Regards
    Sachin)

The bloody service which they have is worst. And that too in mumbai there is no proper service centres and the managers whom they appoint all are having goat brain. They don't know how to handle a customer. They all can just resign the job and go instead of spoiling the brand of Bajaj. Please i request the Bajaj company Head to take a serious step on this and safeguard your brand

Screw your whole management team and your company.

• Pr
      13th of Jun, 2016

Guys my pulsar 150cc 14months old, Same sound started after 2500kms, I escalated this issue with service manager, Unfortunately nothing got fixed till date, Total driven 16800kms so far, My bike sounds like 80, 000kms used, Is there any one got this issue fixed permanently ? If yes kindly let me know,

Thanks,
    praveen
    9986902020

• Th
      26th of Nov, 2016

Worst service ever.
    I bought my Pulsar in March 16, till now I'm struggling to get solution for this engine noise. I have visited service center for 12 times, they're telling like I'm assuming something strange noise even though that sound s audible to them. I wasted my money.

• In
      9th of Dec, 2016

Pulser is wast but my first bike in my life don't trust the bike