Bajaj Kristal / Defective product

India Review updated:
• Bajaj Kristal , 100 CC was bought on 24 Sep 07

• Service Booklet was not provided on date of sale.

• It was already run 72 kms, Scooter used for test ride was sold.

• There were marks on it, It was not touched up properly. These marks were not visible in evening time when it was bought.
• Next day i went to get it finished up again.

• Wiring of front bulb was such that it used to switch on at the time of start of scooter & could not be switched off during driving even in broad day light.

• On 2nd october, Morining, within 1 week of date of purchase, its self start stopped working

Comments

Gu
  21st of Aug, 2008
Dear Sir,
This is Jigna Bhanushali (Mumbai) in reference to my bike
Bajaj Kristal –MH-03 AL-7223 purchased on 28-09-07 from SHREE RAM MOTORS –GHAKOPAR-MUMBAI.

Problems faced by me,
1) Power start from very beginning
2) carborator which has to be cleaned within the frequency of 20 to 25 days

Justified answer from workshop,
1) Every day morning bike has to be started with kick start not power start better performance,
2) Me always using brake when in movement by which battery consummation is more, because of brake light,
3) Battery connected for seat door locking, single stand beep that’s why battery goes weaker.
4) Minimum running of engine should be about 5-6 km per day.

I had no second thought when I saw the bike, and went for Bajaj kristal, and I being tool designer in plastics working in Mumbai, have been contributed for mold design for few parts of Bajaj kristal, and the parts were reflected back in assembly of this particular bike I was really happy, which was one of reason to go for Bajaj kristal.

Well I got more optional answer from workshop, to recharge battery, but why should I, as its very young bike of about 7 months old, and kick start is not easy for me, every second or third day of service battery had problem, I was supposed to recharge battery 2 times but it didn’t work. And every time I cant depend on other to start my bike. I run my bike around 7-8 km per day. And more recently after 4th day of servicing wheel got jammed I met with accident, which however added up one more problem for bike, and also my parent have told not to use the bike, and now my bike is at shree ram bajaj motor –kurla(Mumbai). I asked them what should I do when after 4 to 5 service they come out in experimenting my new bike, I really feel bad when at month end I have to release installment in bank.

I had a talk with workshop manager of kurla branch Mumbai, he said now we have changed the battery, and some part was damaged in assembly of bike which was replaced related to battery, and recently wheel got jammed within 4th day of service. But why all in new bike, I can’t allot time frequently by running behind these problems, and get disturbed
I hope a favorable reply from you, which would be in support of my interest

the above letter i had return 2 months ago, but now in last 2 months the vechicle had the same battery problem, and is now also taken by bajaj service centre at kurla-mumbai, they called up today saying that vechicle is ok and can take back. But they are not confident to give that in writting about the same.
So I dont want the bike now if you guys have zero confident about the developnment of vechicle.

Thanking you
Jigna bhanushali (Mumbai)
An
  13th of Nov, 2010
I'm another owner of a Kristal in Hyderabad. I own it since 2007, though it hasn't given me many problems, the battery backup is really bad. The kickstarter needs you demonstrate your physical fitness to start the scooter using it. Above all, in entire Hyderabad there is only 1 dealer new who services Kristal. Even Bajaj customer care agrees to it. I believe this is not only a problem with the dealer, there is problem in Bajaj itself. It has kind of disowned the product, then why the bloody hell they launched it. This is the reason I'm not going to buy any Bajaj product in my life time and I always advise my friends the same. You talk about any bajaj scooter except the old 2 stroke geared ones and you'll find that it dealt with the product very much in a similar way, e.g. Spirit, ..., Wave, Kristal. It is an irresponsible company and please don't buy any of there products.
Ja
  15th of Dec, 2011
yes i agree, there are no servicing centers to take up this scooter.