Avaya / Terrible experience

3795 Data DrNorcross, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-328-7833

My company has been a customer of Avaya for probably 2 decades. We have had a contract to provide maintenance to our Merlin phone system. Each year, when the contract was up for renewal, Avaya violated their own contract by failing to notify us of pending increases in the monthly rate. Last year, they did it again and after several phone calls, we got them to roll the rate back to the previous level.

This year, we can't even reach anyone who knows what we are talking about. For more than 2 months, I have been calling and leaving messages which are never returned. On 3 occasions, I actually got through their maddening voice mail barricade to a real person, but those people also failed to follow up with a return call.

So now I am attempting to cancel my contract and Avaya is trying to impose 'early cancellation fees' of several hundred dollars. This despite the fact I never renewed the contract in the first place. (Automatic renewal applies only if the rate stays the same; in this case, it did not.)

They don't even know the meaning of the phrase 'customer service.'
Va

Comments

Iz
  19th of Oct, 2009
Avaya strikes me as being a scam company. any company that automatically renews you without asking is doing something shady. i have had terrible experiences with them. when you ask to speak to a superior you get sent to a telephone conference center in india. this company needs to be shut down.
Lu
  22nd of Dec, 2009
You are not the only one, and I think we are millions of companies are in the same situation.
But in this times of crisis is when it hurst the most, they are the ones that do not care at all, they do not solidarise with the rest not only the country, because we never have a world wide crisis like this one in our time (58).
I had 3 offices of EXIT Realty a fantastic Franchise, the well known turn of the market (that we do not create despite what the real responsible people are saying) force Us to close teporarely one, then other office in the next six months, and Betwen Avaya leased phone systems, ADT security alarm, Muzak phone misic (stupid expense that I do not kow what my partner was thinking about).
They, selfish group of sharks force Us to Close all 3 and we lost our $ 65, 000.00 in faranchaises, we are facing suits now from banks, phone companies for early termination, and the Time Warner Comunications is the only Phone company not regulated by the Federal or State.Automatic renewal $6, 700.00 dolars.
Etc, etc. They do not do nothing ilegal, but the laws that allow them to do that to the consumers are the ones that are driving this country in the wrong direction, President Obama said the same think with the colapse of the Market as they find that the lenders went bad and create the catastrofic efect that we are suffering and that all the bail out monies are to cost Us for many years to come, and if the Economy after all the billons expended do not react God help Us all.
It is time to start doing something, I can't keep paying for the next 30 years for something that could be prevented, if anly the companies I mention wokr with Us for one year holding the payments on the offices I was forced to close, I wold be in business still.
I need the help of more people that we start making aware the rest of the consumers, the Small Business is the core of this nation, but we do not have to be victims of Unfair trade Practices protected by Lobyiests that only care for the interest of a few huge conglomerates.
  3rd of Mar, 2010
I work for the Boy Scouts of America, Sam Houston Area Council. I used Avaya for a recent event for 3 councils. When I went in, the first bid they gave me was over the budget alloted me. They came down to my price but also came down on quality, service and food. I have written to all of our Board of Directors consisting of 295 of Houston's businessmen and told them of our negative experience. It was horrible. They acted like they were doing us a favor. This is a Boy Scout town, you hurt the Scouts, many people become your enemy.
  23rd of Mar, 2010
I am with all of you guys...
  23rd of Mar, 2010
It is again getting worse as Avaya took over Nortel and now Avaya is going to sink with a good product also...
In
  18th of Apr, 2010
My main complaint with this company is so disgusting that it doesn't sound right, BUT IT IS.
here goes, 1st. whenever I want a phone replacement, I get a reconditioned phone. I asked them "why can't I get a new phone for a change?" they told me if I wanted a new phone, I would have to pay for it. After all these years as a faithful company paying them for services.
2nd. and this is a real doozy, we were getting static on some of our phone lines.
I called them for service, of course I got a recorded answer each time. At the end I was told for someone to come out to check it would cost... get this...

$600.00 per hour, yes $600.00 per hour, I typed it twice so you wouldn't think I mistyped.
Who the hell are they sending out, a genius or a whole damn army of people?
Of course, I'm canceling them out and buying a complete new system, even if I have to pay more.
Is
  18th of May, 2010
Avaya has an attitude of we will take your money which is a lot of money and promise you the earth and deliver you wasted time, expense and crappy products with employees who don't care about your requests and have a 9 to 5 clock on/off mentality
Ma
  23rd of Mar, 2011
Avaya is forcing customers to do completely unnecessary upgrades to their Nortel communications systems under the guise of being compliant with their pas program for support. if you don't and you need support you have to pay 8, 000 upfront.
Da
  14th of Sep, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My comment is base on a Company that is supporting Avaya Products.
NxGen Communciations Sdn Bhd, is the most unprofessional and a scam company. I was asked to create a brochure for this company by their director Veeresh in April. After completing the design, I requested my payment. However Nxgen has dragged on payment since to date and now refuse to pay me. I am a freelancer and took the word of trust of this company. The company has given Avaya a bad name. I will pursue to inform the scam of this company and proceeded to lodge formal reports against the director and the company.
Jr
  8th of May, 2012
We pay Avaya for a service contract for our phone system. We've been paying for years. Now that we are having a problem, we can't get hold of anyone at Avaya. I spent over an hour on hold yesterday, listening to a message telling me to use their website. The website was useless. I logged in, but I was unable to request a service call. All I could use the website for was to view pages from the service manual that I already had. I sent an e-mail and fourteen hours later am still awaiting a reply.
Bi
  15th of Aug, 2013
We used to have a Ortel system in our office, but 6 weeks ago it was replaced by Avaya IP phones. It's so complex that nobody knows how to use it properly - even after reading the pathetic single page reference guide we were given or the other guides we downloaded. We no longer have an inbuilt directory as we used to have and the messaging system emails you 4 times for every message - a real pain when you are busy. It's totally crap and handicapping our business. Nothing about it is simple, logical or easy to understand (and we complex mechanical and electronic control systems, so we should have a head start!). Why oh why our European IT department decided to hamstring us with this Avaya rubbish I don't know, but we are paying for it in wasted time and frustrated employees!
Ti
  31st of Aug, 2016
We recently requested service on our phones. When we called, we were informed that we did not have a maintenance contract. If fact we were told we would have to pay for the phone call.

When we negotiated replacing our phone system I asked, and they stated that maintenance was included. That's what made it such a "no brainier" decision to make the change. This was confirmed TWICE, that maintenance was included. First e-mail from Anna Gogos dated Apr 27, 2015 3:20 pm, states that Avaya maintenance included. A second e-mail confirmed same, dated Apr 28, 2015 10:16 am by Anna Gogos. And yet a third e-mail, when specificaly asked, confirming maintenace included, dated Apr 28, 2015 10:54 am.

So why are we getting such grief over our maintenance request?
  14th of Dec, 2016
I can add to the complaints. It is bad enough that our company is closing and we are out of jobs. So, as I cancel various contracts all has gone smooth until the Avaya Service Contract. First I was told I need to cancel it in writing and given the instructions of what to include and where to email the request. I can follow directions - and did exactly what was detailed that I do. The first email was immediately deleted without being read. So, I called - transferred twice to no avail and on the 3rd transfer was told they would call me back tomorrow. Each time I spoke with an employee I was advised to send the notice as I had originally done. So, I sent it again - same results. It was deleted without being read! What a unique way to get your work done - simply delete it! Right now I'm stymied and I certainly do not desire to be fussing with them when they renew my service agreement against my wishes. Stay tuned - and if you know how to reach management - not the board of directors - just a management person who has a brain, please advise.

Avaya Logo Avaya