Authorhouse / theft of cash

1 141 Leland AvenueSan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 415-859-9044

I have written, "Acts of War: JESUS/ALEXANDER & "JFK, "" which cost me out-of-pocket over six-thousand dollars in Galley Modifications since 2003, and while I firmly believed it would sell well, (and it did), I only received mere pennies for my hard and dangeous work, with no royalty check exceeding more tha 9 dollars. I knew they were stealing from me for sure when a friend calleed me from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvaia, to tell me that people are going wild over my book. Also, a new girl told me, when asked what my royalties for the fourth quarter, she said, "Well, you sold 19 books in October, (2009)" Then I heard some whispering, and she said, "You did not sell any books in the 4th Quarter." I estimate they sold 2-million books in the six-year period, [protected]. When I found a new publisher, I demanded my 8 original copies be returned, they refused, and they continue selling my book, even though I made it clear that I did not want them to sell anymore books. I assured those thieves that I WILL get my money. Thank you.

Comments

• Ka
      30th of Oct, 2010

Fortunately, I have no financial ties with Authorhouse whatsoever.
    I'm a student, so I explained I can't afford to advance any money to publish my manuscript (since I study full time, my parents pay all my bills and I wouldn't dare ask them for any more money) and when they next contact me, I plan on telling them that, because of this, I will begin searching for a publisher who can cover all the costs.
    I used my common sense and decided to do background check-ups on Authorhouse in several ways: I phoned the book shops they say they sell to and asked if they were familiar with them (they said yes, and that they thought they were reputable). However, I continued to do some research online and came across this:

A yahoo user asked a question about Authorhouse's legitimacy, and another user provided them with this VERY useful response. I've just been browsing the links mentioned in it, and must admit this answer is very useful indeed. I'm guessing the yahoo user who wrote it is either a writer or a publisher, they certainly know how the business works.
    I've decided never to publish with Authorhouse, no matter what.