Atlantic Circulation, Inc. / Possible Scam

1 Billings, MT, United States Review updated:

I barely got out of my car in a Wal-Mart parking lot when a young man jumped out at me and asked me to help him with his new quest of overcoming his fear and improving his communication skills. He almost sounded and acted like a rapper - used his hands, fingers, and arms a lot to entertain me (I guess). My first reaction was that he was on meth - maybe was. If I would purchase one or more magazine subscriptions, it would help him get to first place - which the girls were in so far - and if he and his partner won, they got to go on a vacation and party their hearts out. I told him I didn't have time for the ones I already subscribed to so he suggested I order for his favorite charity - a battered women's shelter (good one, huh??) so the little kids would have something to do. He also said it was tax deductible. Then another young man came up and tried to help him make the sale. I told the second "entetaining" kid to stop talking - since they were trying to beat the girls and he was talking more than selling - so I could find out what the cost would be and asked the first kid if he really was going to party with the money. He said he was just kidding (maybe). They tried to further convince me by complimenting me profusely on stupid stuff. They also said they would get double points if I paid cash. They said it would be $36 for one subscription plus $13 for s/h but another lady only had $26 so they asked if I could pay the balance so it would count as a full subscription. I filled in their form, paid my cash, got my "receipt" and left. I came home and checked this company out and found some of the bad comments on this site. Mark up another dummy! Too early to know if they were legit and I'll never know since I "donated" the magazine to a women's shelter. May need to check on the name he gave me to see if it even exists...

Comments

• Jb
      12th of Jul, 2011

ive run accross this one once. not necessarily as much of a circus act as yours. but, almost the same pitch. trying to win a trip. they are selling magazines. he went as far as showing me some sort of laminated badge/id/license. i never did recieve anything in form of magazines.