At Home Rewards / I know it's a scam, and I just want the calls to stop!

1 United States

I had been receiving numerous phone calls on my cell from [protected]. I called the number back and, after several attempts, reached a representative to be removed from their list because this was a cell number. In less than an hour I got another phone call. I, again, called until someone picked up and demanded to speak directly to a supervisor. The representitive said, "I am the supervisor! What do you want?" and hung up on me. Of course they tagged me again and I answered "This is she" to a strangers name.

The opperator told me that the company was "At Home Rewards" and that they obtained my number through a credit card that I had recently signed up for (They called me some strangers name.) What kind of credit card, Visa, Wallmart? The opperator then told me, "I'm not authorized to disclose that information. For security purposes, I can only give you the last four numbers of the card and it's expiration date." I reminded her that I only wanted to be removed from the list. She then tried to tell me about the reason that the company had called me, but I cut her off saying, "That name you said wasnt even my name. This company has been calling me 10 times a day. I know it's a scam, and I just want the calls to stop, ok?" The opperator told me that the number that I called was an inbound call center, so the name that I answered to was the next person on the list to call. We ended the conversation with her company agreeing not to call my cell phone anymore.