aspen credit card
So Aspen is closing and compu-credit is taking over. BUT NO new cards! Just to pay our debt... Ok.. not cool but I can Live with it as it is my debt. <<<<<<BUT!!!>>>>> I read the disclaimer I just got in the mail and It says... You ready for this... not only do WE (former cardholders) have to pay.. BUT... we have to pay the monthly maintenance FEES!!! WTF????????? Pay maintenance fees for what????? We don't have an OPEN ACCOUNT TO MAINTAIN!!! Im calling them tomorrow and if I don't get the answers I want to hear...Guess What!?!? I live in Atlanta and Im gonna go pay their office a visit and see if they will change their tone face to face. And if not WE NEED TO FORM A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PERIOD!!! My name is Adam.. Watch for my next post in a couple of day's or so with more info!!

More ASPEN CREDIT CARD Complaints & Reviews

A  29th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I have run into the same issue with my Aspen card, I also believe we need to form A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PERIOD!!!
A  19th of Nov, 2009 by
I also agree, I went on there today to make my monthly payment, and they are now charging a 9.95 fee when you pay online. This is insane they need to be stoped I complained with the BBB in Aspen's area I suggest if enough people do it they will have no choice but to stop the nonsense.
A  30th of Nov, 2009 by
I just looked at my credit card statement and it is NOT going down. My last balance was $917, I made a payment of $30 and now my new balance is $927.75?????? WTF????? I cannot use the card, so I don't understand what is going on with this card. I pay more than the minimum payment. I think this is a scam from them. I have tried to look them up on BBB, but was unable to find them. Are they under a different name?

A  12th of Jan, 2010 by
I agreed with all of you. I was talking to the company 2 min. ago. I paid in the last 3 mos. $275. and my account with down $160. The last payment I gave them $80. and only $39. was credit to reduce my bill. I had no late charges or anything such as that. it was $10.00 for maintenance
fee!! what is there to maintain now? and the $9.95 for web pament fee, we all known that it is cheaper to send pament on-line. instead of having a staff person open letter and THAN put in on-line. When I asked her what the $10.00 maintenance was all about she (aspen phone person), stated, "well to send out the bills...", I stated "wait, are you now also saying paying on-line is cheaper!". Something must be done. I want a class action lawsuit, (there is victory in numbers), but if i can"t get it together (start a class action), by the end of this month I will sue them on my own at the end of thes month. If you know anyone (including youselves) that want to join up let's get going. They stopped the credit cards, OK, but you can't play the game with the same, because that's "a deal breaker", no credit card. Yes we signed to pay but now it is a different game we are paying in to. Do anyone know a GOOD CLASS-ACTION lawyer?ma
A  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
Same here with ASPEN. CHARGING FEES for annual dues then a week later cancelling program, is just one of many ways they do to consumers. I have had my card for close to 4 years and never late on payment. I even paid balance on account meaning zero balance owed, and this is reflected on my file with Equafax, Experian, and TransUnion . I have kept records of reports for these years for backup and proof and I have monitored this Aspen card considering this card was for me to reestablish my credit and showing a perfect pay period is the only way to do it. When we took card we were charge a fee for app and another fee for annual dues and there wasnt any mention of any other fees unless late or over limit. It was afer acceptance of card I found out about processing payment fee and saw on each bill a $ 6.00 fee for having account, period. They are charging twice for having an account by annual dues and maintenance fee, not keeping interest rate as mentioned meaning they held up payment so rate would reflect late and make rate increase.
WE NEED TO FORM A GROUP OF 25 before any attorney will take action. Contact me at Katestumbleweed@yahoo.com for info and let the law take charge of the crooks.
N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by
N  26th of Nov, 2010 by

Aspen Credit Cards
New Jersey

My payment date is on the 8th of every month. I pay on line if I am close to the date. (The charge is $10.00 to use your own access) Otherwise, I mail the payment which incurs no fees. This month, I attempted to make a payment on line. I had trouble with their website when I tried to enter the payment into the system. The payment never registered or gave me a confirmation e-mail, so I tried to process it again. It gave me a payment date of 11/16 and a confirmation e-mail. I sent the company an e-mail to let them know to take the payment immediately and not on the 16th as the system had given me. They not only took that payment, but they took another payment from my bank account. When I wrote to them about it, they said they could not return my money. I wrote them back and told them I was going to report them to the BBB of Georgia as well as to the Attorney General's office in Georgia. They closed my account and said that the business was going to Compu-Credit and new cards would be issued. That never happened; so I'm complaining about the company. How dare they tell me they will not return a payment that is not due to them. They are only due one payment; just one! They over charge you to make the payment and I think they are fraudulent.
A  2nd of Feb, 2011 by
Aspen is a scam company that get the consumer into debt and then cancel making you responsible for fees and charges you do not owe. I recieved my credit card in Aug.2006 and in december they automatically increased my card from a $300.00 limit to a $350.00 limit- in which I was okay with being that they disclosed this information on the back of my approval letter from them. But the letter also disclosed that any other increases would be subject to approval meaning I need to ask for an increase and they would tell me if I could increase-you think?- not so . They kept increasing my card till it reached a summ total if $750.00 wth interests within a 6 month period, each time I demaned they take the increases off they said they could not. Then after they tried to increase the card 3 months before they closed the card to awhopping $1, 000.00 and I cursed them out they deducted the increase but still left me with the $750.00 debt then asked for the annual fee I paid it fully and thenext month they closed yhe card and did not credit my full annual fee.
A  2nd of Mar, 2011 by
If you Get enough people for the class action please let me know. Jha Jacobs Tirplej304@yahoo.com. I got my card April 2007 same story credit line increases september 2009 closed the card canceled the program credit line of 1200. Seeing how this was my very first credit card when i turned 18 this hurt my credit. I have paid every payment on time as i should have after they Cancelled the Program And the balance just seemed to go up every single statement. Yet they claim they cannot help but your payment is currently due! Everymonth i have a new minimum payment. Everymonth i pay well over the minimum payment normaly aprox 100 -120 and i am just now gettting down to the balance of 158. Its unfair and its a scam. Pay late dont pay CREDIT REPORT smack in the face. Class action lawsuit IS MOST DEFINANTLY NEEDED against this company. Consumers Credit scores have been affected greatly, over charging intrest and fees it is insane. i ask for a statement from about 8 months ago Guess what? WE dont have it the account is closed. What in the top floor of hell?
N  7th of May, 2011 by
I agree with al the above post This is like a bad nightmare!!! THEY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT and I wasnt even deliguent! When I question Customer Service I was told that they have the right to do this . This is really insane!!!Please sign me up for class action suit swade818@sbcglobal.net Somebody please help me I feel like I am sinking This credit card is ruining my credit.
A  17th of Jun, 2011 by
Scam for sure. I was suckered-in just like everyone else. I called to discuss this monthly fee and told them I wanted it removed or I was going to take legal actions. The guy laughed and told me to go right ahead and try. Sign me up for the lawsuit. htmoore9564@yahoo.com
A  3rd of Jul, 2011 by
has anyone found an atty. which would take the case for a class action law suit
A  3rd of Jul, 2011 by
aspen credit card is owned by world wide realty company a company out of cayman island in jAMAICA. ceo is a black guy named Colin Scott. type in world wide realtors and you will find the scammer.
A  3rd of Jul, 2011 by
if he is the one who opened the aspen credit card for us suckers he need to be taken to the highest of courts because you dont use people to get over on. so if someone has found a lawyer to take on this company i want to be a part of the suit.
N  2nd of Mar, 2014 by
Has anyone heard of any updates regarding a class action lawsuit against this company? I just got a summons to appear in court for this BS! My card was cancelled even though I was never late and never missed a payment, today I receive a summons to go to court for a balance of what they say is $1317!!! We need to get a lawsuit going...and soon!
N  13th of Mar, 2018 by
Computer-credit just called me to tell me they are garnishing my wages, taking my money from my abank account ... never had a aspen card it was in 2006 she said .. I told her to send me papers on this .. she said she didn’t have too .. they gave me a judgement ...don’t you have to go to court for a judgement .. calling an attorney today and ask about this ...