Ashley Furniture in Frisco / terrible service!
This is my first experience with Ashley Furniture. I visited and purchased a dining room set on August, 26, 2007. At the time of my visit the salesman, had the contract drawn up... when it was completed, he said there is no need to read all of that I'll tell you what it says and where to initial. I should have read the contract because what he failed to tell me was there is a NO RETURN/REFUND policy. The dining room set was delivered on 9/7/07 and I inspected it for scratches and saw none... immediately after the delivery guys left, I noticed that there was a gap between the ends of the table and the middle section on both sides of the table... I immediately called Ashley (only 15-30 minutes after delivery), that was when I learned they had a no return policy. I was told that a technician would be sent out to determine if my brand new table which I paid $744.22 could be REPAIRED. In the meantime after closer examination of the table, one of the end sections was stained a different color.
Two weeks after delivery the technician came out determined that the stain is called "green wood" (I think) and that the gaps could not be repaired. At that time I told him I wanted a new table that I didn't pay for a repaired table. He noted my comment on his paperwork (I failed to get a copy of it).
9/26 - Ashley's called said they had received the technicians report and a new table top had been ordered and it was take 7-10 days for it to arrive.
Since 9/26/07, I've taken off from work on 2 different occasions to meet Ashley's delivery guys and both time the table top had the same problems and I refused the delivery. On two other occasions, Ashley's has called to say another table top was ready for delivery and had to call back and cancel the delivery because both of those table tops are damaged. I hear from Ashley's furniture more than I do from friends and family. I will never purchase anythings from Ashley's again and I tell everyone I know not to purchase from their store. At the time of this writing it is November 24, 2007 and I still do not have a suitable dining room set. Today, I will file a complaint with the BBB.
More Ashley Furniture in Frisco Complaints & Reviews
- Ashley Furniture - peeling leather couch 
- Ashley Furniture - not honoring warranty 
- Ashley Furniture - cancel order 
- Ashley Furniture Homestore` - exchange or refund policy! 
- Ashley Furniture - damaged furniture delivered! 
- Ashley Furniture Industries - uncomfortable expensive furniture
- Ashley Furniture Industries - glider recliner
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - damaged furniture
- Ashley Furniture Homestore - delay in delivery of furniture and wrong furniture delivered
- Ashley Furniture Industries - ashley furniture durablend sofa and loveseat peeling