Ashley Furniture / extended warranty

Ke Mar 25, 2013 Review updated:

We purchased over $3000.00 from this store. As Ashley had a good reputation we felt comfortable in purchasing. The sales staff at this store pressured us into purchasing an extended warranty telling us that it would extend the factory warranty for another 2 years. In good faith and trusting Ashley Furniture we purchased, Yes, I understand the buyer beware thing, but we did opt for the extended warranty. The one time that we attempted to use it we were sent a list of exclusions. The warranty doesn't cover anything. After we had purchased the furniture and attempted to contact the store we found out that the Independent Owner also owned a second hand furniture store. That should have been a warning as to the honesty of the Ashley Home Store. If you are in Kansas avoid this store like poison. We tried to contact Ashley Furniture and they disavow any responsibility saying the stores are independently owned thus Ashley refuses to intervene.

Comments

May 22, 2013

My wife and I purchased two room of furniyure from them in Chesapeake, Va. The couch after 4 months of use is completely crushed. We also purchased the extended warranty. We live in North Carolina just across the state line from Chesapeake Va. When we tried to get them to repair the furniture. They informed us that they can not so much as drive a car across state lines. Because N.C. would tax them for doing buisness in there state. I paid N.C. sales tax when I purchased the furniture. What am I missing. The most they would do is send me stuffing so that I could fix the couch myself. They are nothing more than common theives and nothing more. DO NOT BUY anything from this company. The quality of there products are terrible. They are making it on the Ashley name from the past only.