Amica Insurance / Bad service

1 PO Box 9128Providence, RI, United States Review updated:

I applied for a homeowners insurance policy with Amica and was denied coverage simply because I foster dogs for animal rescue organizations. The fostering I do has been minimal - three over the past five years. Two were small mixed breeds and one is a border collie. I work through organizations that are registered non-profits with the IRS and all dogs are temperment tested before coming into rescue. I wanted all animal lovers to know that Amica's policies are not dog friendly.

Va

Comments

13th of Nov, 2008

Is your name also "Greg Forest"? You have a nearly identically worded complaint from about a month ago under that name. What gives?

• Ro
      19th of Nov, 2008

Amica insurance gives the run around, instead of fixing the steering and steering wheel damage on my car like the supposed to. they send out a guy named christopher to look at the car, he only at the car cosmetically, he never got in the car to steer the car to find out about the steering problems, then he left on the car a very low estimate on hood of the car.I have fulll coverage on my, but they still refuse to fix the car, back and fourth I goback and fourth, back and fourth getting bull ### by all of them.

10th of Apr, 2009

Amica is Terrible! I have my home owners insurance with them for 2 years. Each month the payment got higher. Then to find out after the two years, they were canceling it because I had a DOG. They suck!!!

• Ve
      26th of Jun, 2009

You have no guarantee of what type of dog you will have to care for and there are certain breeds of dogs (pitbull, akita, etc) that have bite histories that they will not cover. Board them somewhere else and then re apply for insurance with them or someone else. NO ONE will insure you if you are taking care of ALL breeds of dogs because it is such a large liability to take on.

• As
      25th of Aug, 2009

Discrimination is discrimination - human or dog. People are just too narrow minded to do the research and only espouse what they hear on TV. Do you know that Univ of Penn did a study on the most aggressive dogs last year? (they are the countries number one vet college). Pit Bulls did not even make it into the top TEN! That also goes for Rottweiler and German Shepards. You'll have to do some research to find out what the top ones were.

• Gw
      15th of Jun, 2010

Have been with Amica for 5 years. They gave me the runaround about not renewing my policy due to the cars being registered in a different state. I fixed this issue and they still refused to renew my policy. I have no wrecks and no tickets. DO NOT USE AMICA. THEY ARE TERRIBLE.

• Pm
      13th of Jan, 2011

Although I do not have Amica insurance my son was in an accident where there insured was responsible. This happened in September...I had to get on them about getting an appraisal on the car and they finally did that in November! They do not keep in touch with me and I have to call them several times a week to get any help! This has been four months since the accident and we are now down one car...it is now the middle of January and still nothing! I feel bad for anyone that uses Amica!!!

• Wp
      18th of Mar, 2011

asereth, it goes a little deeper than that. Just because a Pit Bull or Rottweiler is not as aggressive as smaller dogs does not mean that the insurance company will not see those dogs as an adverse risk. Because, when a large dog attacks someone (even though it is probably not as often) it definitely causes more damage. Most insurance companies will deny your home insurance based on you housing those dogs.

• Ct
      7th of Sep, 2011

You don't mention... has the vehicle been at the repair shop for all these four months? The shop should be in contact with AMICA, not with the claimant! There's no reason any insurance company would be necessarily "keep in touch" with a claimant. If you were hit by an AMICA insured, then AMICA would be paying for a rental car, and that extra cost alone would assure having their attention, and desire to get your damages vehicle back into service. Something about your whole complaint here does not pass the "smell test."