America's Service Station / Terrible service!

3610 Marietta Hwy.Canton, GA, United States Review updated:
3.75
Phone: 678-880-3134

Took my car to the America's Service Station in Canton for an oil change and tire rotation. Marked one of the tires because it has a slow leak and I wanted to make sure I knew which one it was after the rotation. I was told that my vehicle was ready but after looking for the marked tire I found that it was still in the original place.

I explained to the man at the counter that my vehicle was not done and that I needed my tires rotated (as requested) and that it was something that I paid for. He told me I had not paid for the tire rotation because that is considered a courtesy. A courtesy that he decided he wasn't going to do because he said the tires did not need to be rotated. He informed me that I would be causing damage to my vehicle if the tires were rotated before they actually needed to be. After insisting he explain in detail what kind of damage he was referring to, he changed his tune and said that rotating my tires would simply be a waste of energy. Wow - does that mean that he is lazy and doesn't want to do what he is being paid to do?

These people are a joke. I am not even sure if they actually changed my oil. Lesson learned. And don't worry, I will tell every single person that I run into about my unpleasant experience. Just like I told the guy in the America's Service Station parking lot while I was leaving. He was coming in for an oil change. He got back in his car and drove off.
Va

Comments

Ti
  25th of Apr, 2008
Walked into the same store today to get a quote on a very small repair that I knew should cost between $50-$75 dollars, and they quoted me almost $200. I told 'em I'd check back later. I then made a quick call to another auto repair shop who told me to come in the following work day and they'd do the same repair for $50. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that just before entering the store I heard the three guys in the reception area making silly cartoon noises and although there were several cars in the garage area, I didn't see one darned mechanic working on any of them.